Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Chabot 8 x 8 (4 ufa years)

Provorov 6.75 x 6 (3 ufa years)

Theodore 5.2 x 7 (2 ufa years)

Werenski 5 x 3 (bridge deal)

DeAngelo 4.8 x 2 (bridge deal)

Just a couple examples, yet where does one put Fox in there and how many years of UFA do they want the Rangers to buy if any?

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Chabot 8 x 8 (4 ufa years)

Provorov 6.75 x 6 (3 ufa years)

Theodore 5.2 x 7 (2 ufa years)

Werenski 5 x 3 (bridge deal)

DeAngelo 4.8 x 2 (bridge deal)

Just a couple examples, yet where does one put Fox in there and how many years of UFA do they want the Rangers to buy if any?
A real good question. I would favor the Provorov deal as a comperable. I'd love to get the Theodore contract but we are not going to be able to get that done after the way he has played. Pay for quality.

Reactions: duhmetreE

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
If Fox accepts a deal like that he is a fool. He could easily demand up to 6.5-7M on a 7 year deal.
I agree. I'd definitely pay him whatever he wants.

Thomas Chabot is another young d-man who signed a year early. 8x8. It was after a 14 goal, 55 point season. But, it was also pre-covid, and shortly after the Sebastian Aho offer sheet, which might have freaked Melnyk and co. out a bit.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
we should win 1-0 in the S/O every night, would only need to pay the goalie then lol
I’m good with players getting earned points, regardless. But when players get unearned points, like Skjei, Strome, and Trouba, well, you see what happens. With Fox, even if he doesn’t develop even a bit more, he’s still going to get a fat contract. He’s already a top 10 defenseman in the league imo. The last thing we need for a guy like that is for him to get EN points. I expressed the same concern over DeAngelo. I seriously thought he was going to demand 7 mil+ (which I would have given him anyways but still).

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The pair of NYR logos tucked away in the top-right are Fox and Lindgren:

6093C5C26CAA44CA8F1554BADA67B9F0-0:0

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
3. One of the most interesting things about the top four defence pairs is that all four are tasked with playing tough minutes in a shutdown role. That they’re earning a 60 percent expected goals rate or higher is astonishing given the circumstances, and it’s especially impressive from the pair on the other New York club: Adam Fox and Ryan Lindgren.
Fox was an analytics darling in his rookie season, but there was some skepticism about how good he really was and whether he could keep it up in a bigger role. He’s taken on that challenge this season and is crushing it. No other defenceman in the league faces tougher forward competition than Fox this season and despite that, he still has a 57.6 percent expected goals rate that ranks as the best among Rangers defenders. That’s mostly by way of his defensive impact, but he’s also scoring at a 51-point pace.
Fox has been sensational, living up to last year’s hype. Among defensemen, he currently ranks third in GSVA.

16 Stats: East Division playoff race, love for the Islanders, elite Adam Fox, electric Kirill Kaprizov

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
3. One of the most interesting things about the top four defence pairs is that all four are tasked with playing tough minutes in a shutdown role. That they’re earning a 60 percent expected goals rate or higher is astonishing given the circumstances, and it’s especially impressive from the pair on the other New York club: Adam Fox and Ryan Lindgren.
Fox was an analytics darling in his rookie season, but there was some skepticism about how good he really was and whether he could keep it up in a bigger role. He’s taken on that challenge this season and is crushing it. No other defenceman in the league faces tougher forward competition than Fox this season and despite that, he still has a 57.6 percent expected goals rate that ranks as the best among Rangers defenders. That’s mostly by way of his defensive impact, but he’s also scoring at a 51-point pace.
Fox has been sensational, living up to last year’s hype. Among defensemen, he currently ranks third in GSVA.

16 Stats: East Division playoff race, love for the Islanders, elite Adam Fox, electric Kirill Kaprizov
I dont ever want to hear "trouba gives fox room to be good" again.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If you are Fox and see that the Ranger's gave Trouba $8m per, how do you take a long term deal making a couple of million less?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Trouba's last RFA year paid him 8M.

His RFA year before that was for 5.5M

Good luck trying to convince Fox that his RFA years are not worth a bunch.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I mean Trouba just can't be on this team going forward. Some people knew this before his clause kicked in. They tried to silence us. Now we're an army.

Reactions: Synergy27

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Fox is going to give a hometown discount. He’s living his (and my) dream playing for the New York Rangers.

8 years around 6.5 mil is my guess. He won’t get ufa money

and he’ll sign another contract after that for more IMO

If he gets anything under 7 per (if he signs that long) he should fire his agent.

Even 7 would be a bargain

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Trouba's last RFA year paid him 8M.

His RFA year before that was for 5.5M

Good luck trying to convince Fox that his RFA years are not worth a bunch.

8m? That's not how it works. His contract includes 1 RFA year and 6 UFA years. With an average of 8m. That doesn't mean he would have gotten 8m if he signed for just his one RFA year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad