Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
File:Adam_Fox.jpg
Adam_Fox.jpg

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I was reading a projection for USA’s next Olympic team via The Athletic, and thought this was hilarious:

“On defense, it’s another thank you to those guys — and this one is real — for leaving me a top pair. Zach Werenski’s slow start notwithstanding, he and Adam Fox are a no-brainer. One can run a power play, and the other appears to already be capable of everything.

:laugh:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I was reading a projection for USA’s next Olympic team via The Athletic, and thought this was hilarious:

“On defense, it’s another thank you to those guys — and this one is real — for leaving me a top pair. Zach Werenski’s slow start notwithstanding, he and Adam Fox are a no-brainer. One can run a power play, and the other appears to already be capable of everything.

I mean...

...not wrong lol

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The only "negatives" I can dig up with Fox are

1. He isn't a burner
2. He isn't great defending in front of his own net.

The former isn't even a problem as he still finds ways to create space for him self and get around players. He doesn't really get beat very often so the recovery speed hasn't really been necessary either.

So its really just the second one.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

1. He isn't a burner

The former isn't even a problem as he still finds ways to create space for him self and get around players. He doesn't really get beat very often so the recovery speed hasn't really been necessary either.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 2nd one is true of anyone Fox's size.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Is there any case to be made importing the entire Lindgren-Fox pair and deploying them as such in the Olympics?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
made great plays on the first 2 goals yesterday, especially that 2nd goal, that was all him. Muscled Palmieri off the puck, perfect pass to Strome in the slot. Strome of course misses the net, it bounces around the boards and finds its way Lindgren who fires a shot off of Kreider and in. Strome owes Fox a point.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019

1. He isn't a burner

The 2nd one is why you pair him up someone big who can clear out the front, or Lindgren, who plays as if he is twice his own size.

Edit: I'll also say that Fox is deceptively faster than he looks on the ice. He gets back in a hurry when he needs to.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Just lol'ing at that end-to-end rush for the PP goal. This kid just absolutely has blown miles past my original expectations and has solidified himself as one of the best defensemen around the league

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
On a rebuilding team with talent like Chytil, Lafreniere, Kakko etc... the others is not even close to as good as Adam Fox is..

We are gonna have to start giving out awards with this kids name soon.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Fox looks really similar to Drew Doughty. I would argue that Fox is probably ahead of him in comparable development. At the very least, from a defensive standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad