Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yea..I'm going to bring this up...If Fox continues to play like he is, ends up the season with 45-5o points, while still playing 24 minutes of amazing hockey a game, he will be in the top 3 for the Norris...

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
They probably are, but first need the dead cap space to come off the books. Then they need to figure out if they are paying ZBad or another top line center

IMO you pay him regardless of the center situation. He's 22 and he's a #1 D with room to grow. If you can extend him after this season do iiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt, he's not gonna get cheaper

Reactions: lucky13

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
So how do we get rid of Artemi so we can sign him? We don’t have the defensive depth to get rid of Trouba, and ADA doesn’t clear enough, considering we’d also need to sign KK and Chytil to more lucrative contracts.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
So how do we get rid of Artemi so we can sign him? We don’t have the defensive depth to get rid of Trouba, and ADA doesn’t clear enough, considering we’d also need to sign KK and Chytil to more lucrative contracts.
Not too concerned about having to pay Kakko a lucrative contract at this point.
As for Fox, he should be locked up ASAP. 6.5x8 would be an incredible deal.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
IMO you pay him regardless of the center situation. He's 22 and he's a #1 D with room to grow. If you can extend him after this season do iiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt, he's not gonna get cheaper
I am not disagreeing. I just think that first they need the dead cap space to come off and then look at overall budget to see how much they can allocate to him.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Me in October 2019: “Fox could become a good middle pairing guy for us.”

Me in February 2020: “Fox could actually become a top pairing defenseman”

Me in January 2021: “Fox is already a top pairing defenseman”

Me now: “Fox is like a top 10 defenseman in the league today”

Best defenseman we’ve had since Brian Leetch. Only guy that touches him is prime McD and Fox is like nearly there lol.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
It's refreshing to hear the Pierre's and other NBC shills "salivate" (keeping this a family website but you know what I WANT to say) over someone in a NYR sweater like they do for Crosby.

I say something out loud about him and then seconds later Pierre says it and my fiancée just laughs and I say "See! I told you!"

Priorae

Apr 21, 2017
New Jersey
You can tell mentally he's at a different level. The way he processes and decides is first rate. Entry level deal year 2 and locked in. About as good a situation as the rangers could hope for.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
It's refreshing to hear the Pierre's and other NBC shills "salivate" (keeping this a family website but you know what I WANT to say) over someone in a NYR sweater like they do for Crosby.

I say something out loud about him and then seconds later Pierre says it and my fiancée just laughs and I say "See! I told you!"

Pierre just released his new Power Rankings:

1. Adam Fox
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Gary Bettman
4. Ah-line Vigneault

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad