Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
David Quinn has f***ed up many things.

Adam Fox is not one of those things. The list of defensemen I would take over him right now is less than 10 and probably closer to 5.

I will give Quinn credit where it is due. As much as he's dicked around with the development and deployment of some of the other guys, He's handled Fox (and Lindgren) perfectly.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Smart. Patient. Efficient. Skilled. Dangerous.

One of the only players that I would without question give an 8-year extension to. If he could just be a little faster, he’d probably be the best defenseman in the league, or maybe top 3. Last night was his best game in the NHL imo, and looked unstoppable.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Smart. Patient. Efficient. Skilled. Dangerous.

One of the only players that I would without question give an 8-year extension to. If he could just be a little faster, he’d probably be the best defenseman in the league, or maybe top 3. Last night was his best game in the NHL imo, and looked unstoppable.

Would have been cool if you switched skilled with a word starting with "e" that would spell out speed.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
again I say why can he not be a #1 defenseman in this league? If he was 6'3 people wouldn't even be questioning it

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
A great asset for us but Tony still is the better guy on the PP at the moment . Have Fox on the 2nd unit and give him more 5 on 5 play versus playing Tony and I think that is a win win for the Rangers . No slight on Fox though..he is a dandy .

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
A great asset for us but Tony still is the better guy on the PP at the moment . Have Fox on the 2nd unit and give him more 5 on 5 play versus playing Tony and I think that is a win win for the Rangers . No slight on Fox though..he is a dandy .
Love both of them. They add different elements to the PP. DeAngelo is more electric and dynamic, in my opinion, especially with the skating ability and quick cuts and acceleration. Fox is like a sedative dart on the attack, he slows it down and breaks you down slowly. He's so good at slowing the game down, and his hockey IQ is ELITE. I had a buddy last year tell me he'd rather have McAvoy over him, and this was at the end of the year. Yea, he's a nut.

Reactions: leetch99

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Adam Fox played over 26:00 tonight and was averaging 23:00 for the season.
Whew. And here I thought Quinn never gives young players ice time.

Seriously, I have said this several times, I see Trouba and Fox here for the long haul. And if Schneider continues to develop, both DeAngelo and Lundqvist are assets used to bring in different assets. Ones that compliment the lineup.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
There are very few D in the NHL with the poise of Fox. He isn't as flashy as Makar or Hughes, just better.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad