Adam Boqvist Appreciation Thread

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
No, I’m not confused with that. But you’re saying that DeBrincat and Kubalik need to become volume shooters like Kane, and somehow will regularly hit 15-16% of their shots. Something hardly anybody does in the NHL.
No, that's the misunderstanding. I'm saying that they don't have to be volume shooters to score 40 every now and then, but if you're having a season like Cat just had to start volume shooting because of the law of averages.

I think they're good enough at shooting to score around 35 per season at their current volume, unless they get snakebit like Cat did this year.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
On a regular basis, yeah, they'll score 30-35. I wasn't saying that they could score 40+ regularly, just that it isn't outside their capability even at their current volume.

What helped both Cat reach 40 and Kube reach 30 is a good PP, that's essential because the percentages are higher on the PP. (yes, I know the PP was bad this year but it got significantly better when the put Kube on the RW)

Crosby shoots 14.6% over his career... and he has scored 40 goals... twice.

I'm just laying out the logic and facts.

Obviously both have the ability to score 40+ here and there throughout their careers. Neither will do it regularly.

And it didn't seem like you were saying it isn't outside their capability. It seemed like your expectations for them moving forward is to be 40+ guys, based upon how you were talking about the offense being far better than the Blues.

Yeah, of course the Hawks offense would be better than the Blues if every guy on the team had a career year. Obvious things are obvious. ;)

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Crosby shoots 14.6% over his career... and he has scored 40 goals... twice.

I'm just laying out the logic and facts.

Obviously both have the ability to score 40+ here and there throughout their careers. Neither will do it regularly.

And it didn't seem like you were saying it isn't outside their capability. It seemed like your expectations for them moving forward is to be 40+ guys.
Nah my expectation was 35ish(32-37) with a few seasons of 40+ when they go on a shooting percentage binge.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
No, that's the misunderstanding. I'm saying that they don't have to be volume shooters to score 40 every now and then, but if you're having a season like Cat just had to start volume shooting because of the law of averages.

I think they're good enough at shooting to score around 35 per season at their current volume, unless they get snakebit like Cat did this year.

You’re changing what you said just a few minutes ago. You claimed this team will score 300+ goals next year, and penciled BOTH DeBrincat and Kubalik in for 40 goal seasons. Then you said you expect both to regularly shoot 15-16%.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You’re changing what you said just a few minutes ago. You claimed this team will score 300+ goals next year, and penciled BOTH DeBrincat and Kubalik in for 40 goal seasons. Then you said you expect both to regularly shoot 15-16%.
I didn't say they would score 300+ goals, just that it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
I do expect both guys to regularly shoot around 15% based on current volume.

I was giving a scenario where it wasn't implausible for them to score 300 goals because all of those totals are within each player's capabilities. I get that it's unlikely because it takes all of those guys to have a great season during the same year.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Right. And regularly shooting 15%, while at 200 shots per season, means 30 goals. They'd have to both hit like 18-19% shooting, on an increased volume, to hit 40+ regularly.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Right. And regularly shooting 15%, while at 200 shots per season, means 30 goals. They'd have to both hit like 18-19% shooting, on an increased volume, to hit 40+ regularly.
I never said that I expected Cat and Kubalik to score 40 regularly, that's the misunderstanding.

This team, if everyone clicks during the same year is capable of scoring 300 goals. They probably won't, but if they did I wouldn't be shocked.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I didn't say they would score 300+ goals, just that it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
I do expect both guys to regularly shoot around 15% based on current volume.

I was giving a scenario where it wasn't implausible for them to score 300 goals because all of those totals are within each player's capabilities. I get that it's unlikely because it takes all of those guys to have a great season during the same year.

All I'm trying to say is curb your enthusiasm. ;) Based upon the bolded.

For the Hawks to score 300+, you're talking essentially career years for every guy on the roster. It's like a perfect storm situation.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
BTW I already conceded that the Blues have a better defensive group.
I will say that they are better at the 200 ft game than the Hawks, but the Hawks offense has incredible scoring potential. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they put up 300+goals next year in a full season, should it happen. The Hawks forwards have the ability to score at a much higher rate than the Blues forwards do.

This is what I said.

Where does "it wouldn't be surprising if it happens" mean that I expect it to happen?

The whole point is that it's not outside their ability to do it and the Hawks have a really, really offensively talented forward group.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Five new pages in the Boqvist thread? Is there some news that I missed?

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
That's not what I meant. What I meant was that should it happen, It wouldn't be surprising because it's in every one of those players capability to do so.

However, what would be surprising is that you have that perfect storm where everyone has a great year simultaneously.

So basically, it would surprising

Reactions: BK

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Five new pages in the Boqvist thread? Is there some news that I missed?

KBS woke up feisty and not ready to step down from anything :D

His defensive scheme is awful, period. It has been since day one. They're not that bad on D, I'm convinced it's totally Colliton.

The difference between the Hawks under Q and the Hawks under Colliton defensively was night and day. Q absolutely deserved to get whacked though.

Yes I get the results are bad, but I still don't see you pointing out what the mistakes are exactly.

For all we know he's trying hard to implement a defensively strict system, but because the majority of our forwards arent talented 200ft players, too much emphasis on D could shut down their offense and make the team impotent.

Like you know, how it actually happened. And then he even got the msg from mgmt to switch back.

It's sports so I get that the results are always the end all be all, but I'm trying to gey some specific arguments for the opinionated conlusions.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
We should have a potent offense. Potentially, a lethal one (3 lines that can fill it up). But we obviously need to solidify our D, or we're not going anywhere (POs maybe, but not legit contender). Bowman's offseason moves were mostly triage to shore up the D. Reinforcements are coming, but they're kids. They need NHL experience.

On the negative side, Covid effed us pretty good (flat cap & no compliance buyout).

How 'bout Boqvist? lol

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This roster proved how underwhelming it is talent and coaching wise with the 22nd place finish and worst-ranked defense. We had two #1 goalies and were still awful.

Every single player on the team, including Kane, had stretches of season where they played below their expected level.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm just enjoying some of the posters taking KBS to school here. Hope he brought a paper and pen, he should be taking notes here..
Nah I took notes, you guys all know I'm not hockey stupid. Sometimes I think out loud.

Anyway, about Boqvist....I can't wait to watch him the next time there is a regular season whenever that may be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad