Adam Boqvist Appreciation Thread

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Good stuff! Thanks for doing that.

I like Boqvists trajectory right now. Im
Still not sure he’ll ever be a true #1, but I think he could be a klingberg type. (Maybe slightly better)

He’s gonna be an absolute monster on the pp by the time he hits his prime. Brent Burns type of PP numbers if he hits his ceiling.

I always struggle to understand what people mean by true #1 defenseman. Is Klingberg not a #1 defenseman?

Reactions: Brightwing

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Actually...I’ll say this.

There are 1D that are more offensive than defensive, and that’s fine.

A guy like Josi is so incredibly good that he tilts the ice and keeps it in the OZ, that’s a form of good defense.

Klingberg isn’t josi

Reactions: bwana63 and Crow

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yes. He needs leg strength and explosiveness training. He needs to be a bit faster.

this is definitely an area he has to improve to reach his max potential, compare him to a guy like keith (maybe unfair, hall of fame defenseman, almost nobody compares to keith) and you see such a massive difference especially on the retrievals when its dumped in, keith's ability to get back and retrieve and get puck out cleanly is what has made him so good for so long...keith just almost always gets back to the puck and skates it out or hits an outlet because he's such a good skater, his explosiveness and ability to be aggressive and recover is on a different level than most of the league even at his current age because of his strength and conditioning...boqvist can clearly think the game and is a smart player, he's got to improve everything you said to fully utilize his smarts and offensive abilities, to be as aggressive as maybe he would like to be and take chances without worrying about getting back on defense, he will probably never be a player that is going to overpower opponents along boards etc but if his skating reaches that elite level it will not matter, you win foot races and you stay out of battles

Last edited:

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
His roommate needs to show him whatever training he’s been doing. DeBrincat is notably more explosive than he’s ever been. I remember feeling the same way about Cat his rookie year and he’s without a doubt improved in that regard.

Yeah that's actually an underrated thing him staying with Debrincat. Ideal situation where one of our most improved players can lead by example.

The situation is set up perfectly for Boqvist to improve, let's hope he does it. I bet the FO too is going to single out skating and strength work as the primary focus for this summer.

And to be fair he's been better in the strength/battle department already as the games go on, so I'm hopeful.

sandyfalkirk

Jun 18, 2014
Scotland
I am glad to see more people talking about Bo's skating. I have felt he has been markedly better recently.

I like his decision making more, esp closing down plays before they develop, which reminds me a bit of Keith. His first few steps seem poor though and it is possible that without it he can still be really good but looking at how incredible Brinksy's skating has been this year can you imagine if Boq can add a bit more of a first step?

But I feel a bit more comfortable with him at the moment and am starting to see some of the hype around his draft position. The future is bright!

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5