Speculation: Acquiring A Goalie

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
That's assuming there's cream in the first place in this hodgepodge potion.

No, that is too weird and unsettling. Would the sun also rise in the west if this were to occur? #ObviousHeelTurn

Of the 6 goalies we have id rank thier upside
Hart
Neuvy
Stolarz
Lyon
Elliott

I'd rank thier current nhl ability
Neuvy
Elliott
Lyon
Stolarz
Hart

Like i said the jury is still out for me on pickard. Neuvy doesn't hurt us as the 3rd guy as hes oft injured and plays well when healthy. He just can't maintain ot and theres no way to recapture any value there. Elliott is a 1b guy. And i don't think any of the others aside from hart have the capacity to be bonafide starters but more than 1 could fill out the rotation.
I don't think theres an in season addition to be made and the offseason is a long ways away. We just gotta dance with the girl that brung us at this point

Reactions: Curufinwe

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Cap, you can't rank Neuvirth or Elliott high. They belong in the walker brigade. They may never play a game again for the Flyers much less a decent one. Both are out of here at the end of the season.
So right now, I'd go with:
Lyon
Pickard
Stolarz
Hart

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just gotta say "no" to Bob. Check his playoff record, we didn't suffer through a rebuild for a goalie who chokes in the postseason.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Just gotta say "no" to Bob. Check his playoff record, we didn't suffer through a rebuild for a goalie who chokes in the postseason.
i dont want him at that price. I'd take him at 3yrs 6m, and hope he puts the magic together...but CBJ would EASILY offer him that. CBJ has a young D and keeps getting 2/3 matchup in the POs which is BRUTAL in the metro. He's too good to never put it together.

He's getting paid by someone this year.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One thing to consider this year, with the new pads, past performance may not be as good of a guide to future performance.
You'll want to see how goalies adjust to actually having to make saves instead of just standing there and letting the puck disappear into their Michelin man pads.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
"Michal Neuvirth might be hurt again..."

Does anyone keep IR records? Has any goalie been hurt in a 3 year span more than him?

Don't want anyone new at this point.

Time to see what Lyon can do over 40 (and then move on if necessary).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad