Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXXIII: UFA Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Brooks Orpik hasn't averaged under 20 minutes TOI in any of the last 6 seasons. #notatop4defenseman

We're not getting his last six seasons. We're getting his next five where he deals with head and knee injuries and tries to be a physical presence while pushing 40. I'm almost always with you but it's a horrible deal, man. 3/5? Fine. 5/3? Fine. 27.5M is only okay if this is 2009.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Niskanen isn't bad but IMO he's fools gold. Green is better and Detroit sending us another winger is not really going to help fill the void.

I agree. Green>>Niskanen

And if we trade D and sign Niskanen we'd STILL need another D with Orlov being out.

Keep Green. Sign another D. Chuck Kuznetsov/Laich/MJ on 2nd line center

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Detroit has been linked to Myers and those winger prospects make more sense for them. I'd only trade Green for a center.

CapNMac

Jun 30, 2014
Part of an ongoing discussion related to the usual pro-mgmt/anti-mgmt hockey discussion. Not the same as trying to manage peoples' emotions like a crisis counselor.

Aren't you the guy who made fun of everyone here before a single shot was fired, and then realized you were dead wrong a few hours later?

Everything I said was 100% accurate, which is why you could not address the topic, but instead simply deflected with false equivocations.
But yeah GM Mac cut my legs out from under me on the bashing... not much I can say now to defend that. Bashing my team constantly is not my idea of being a "fan." Obviously we differ in that, but if you are going to call people out for stuff you yourself do, expect to be called on it.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Detroit has been linked to Myers and those winger prospects make more sense for them. I'd only trade Green for a center.

Depends on who else they sign. If they can sign a passable D-man, then I might choose to get something for Green rather than let him walk for nada (we've been doing too much of that under GMGM).

C-A-P-S

Apr 7, 2004
Washington, DC
If Niskanen signs that's a solid solid 6 defensemen. And with injuries as a factor it gives the team much some depth.

If that's all we do in free agency I think the team has been markedly improved. Yeah theres a hole at the 2c spot but there's a ton of forwards who can fill in and tried to fill the roll.

Also when the trade deadline rolls around there may be a chance to a acquire a decent 2C.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Everything I said was 100% accurate, which is why you could not address the topic, but instead simply deflected with false equivocations.
But yeah GM Mac cut my legs out from under me on the bashing... not much I can say now to defend that. Bashing my team constantly is not my idea of being a "fan." Obviously we differ in that, but if you are going to call people out for stuff you yourself do, expect to be called on it.

Oooo you sure told me. Such logic. Stand up for your beliefs@!

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
If we sign Niskanen, he's fool's gold, and we trade Green, THEN Orpik is as bad as we think he is...could we get in on the tanking bandwagon?

Can we have some kind of hope...?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Depends on who else they sign. If they can sign a passable D-man, then I might choose to get something for Green rather than let him walk for nada (we've been doing too much of that under GMGM).

I don't get this...

Were you against the Ribeiro deal? Against the Spezza deal today? Those guys were traded with 1 year left on their contracts.

How about UFA deadline deals? Against those?

Our 3rd pair got brutalized last year. Even if we sign someone else Orlov is out 2 months at least and our 3rd pair will get brutalized again.

Unless you want to write this year off then there is not "get something for player X rather than letting him walf AFTER the season"

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
If Niskanen signs that's a solid solid 6 defensemen. And with injuries as a factor it gives the team much some depth.

If that's all we do in free agency I think the team has been markedly improved. Yeah theres a hole at the 2c spot but there's a ton of forwards who can fill in and tried to fill the roll.

Also when the trade deadline rolls around there may be a chance to a acquire a decent 2C.

True, but in that case, why are we hanging on to Laich? I'd much rather have Grabo and the contract would probably be a wash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad