Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXXIII: UFA Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberati0n*

If they sign Orpik to a big contract, that pretty much tells us all we need to know about the management team.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
Doesnt Ehrhoff being on the market drop Niskanens price tag? 7 years wouldnt be terrible if thats the case

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
Josh Gorges situation in MTL problematic for all. MTL had deal with TOR but Gorges refused to waive modified NTC to go to TOR. Still won't.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
MTL appears to want to shed his salary/contract. Could trade him to 1 of 15 approved teams. Failing that, could put him on waivers.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@TSNBobMcKenzie: MTL appears to want to shed [Josh Gorges] salary/contract. Could trade him to 1 of 15 approved teams. Failing that, could put him on waivers.

About to turn 30 so a little younger than other options.

I can't see how NSH winds up trading Del Zotto now with all of these LD options adding to the UFA market. Most likely he won't be qualified.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
@TSNBobMcKenzie: MTL appears to want to shed [Josh Gorges] salary/contract. Could trade him to 1 of 15 approved teams. Failing that, could put him on waivers.

I can't see how NSH winds up trading Del Zotto now with all of these LD options adding to the UFA market. Most likely he won't be qualified.
I hope we're in on Gorges.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Unless they think they have a real shot at Ehrhoff or maybe Mitchell I think Gorges is the next best thing at LD. I'd take him over Orpik, though maybe they value Orpik's physicality more from a tonesetting standpoint. There's a sizable gap after those four at LD. You can maybe pass Orpik off as a top 4 still--though maybe not for long--whereas I'm not sure you can for the rest.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

All 15 are US teams.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Buffalo not qualifying McBain makes the Sekera trade look outright horrid.

D market is growing.
But so are the potential suitors. I'd like for them to be aggressive, and grab someone via trade today (namely Gorges), and then they can try and move quickly on some of the tier 2 guys (Stralman, Fayne, Mitchell, Orpik, Morris) tomorrow while the wolves are still clawing over Ehrhoff and Niskanen.

Doesnt Ehrhoff being on the market drop Niskanens price tag? 7 years wouldnt be terrible if thats the case
James Wisniewski signed a 6x$5.5M deal with Ehrhoff on the market in 2011. Salary cap has gone up since then.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I think it goes down like this:

Sign Niskanen at 12:01 tomorrow
Pull the trigger on the Green trade that's presumably already set up
Sign Orpik

That still leaves them with a hole at LD, where I would chase Ehrhoff. It doesn't leave room for a C but I'm OK with the internal options there way more than on D.

CapNMac

Jun 30, 2014
Ehrhoff - Carlson
Alzner - Niskanen
Orpik - Orlov

Love it! Except Orpik, unless he is cheap. I think Trotz can make Olesky look fairly decent (for 3rd line).

Ok, now that we got D solved: start working on scenarios where we unload Green and sign Stastny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln