Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXXIII: UFA Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halpysback*

92 NHL playoff games. 1 Stanley Cup.

He's what this team has lacked for YEARS!

We've had Erskine for like a decade dude. In fact we still have him

Could have just signed Gill for league min for teh intangiblez

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@TheFourthPeriod: Red Wings appear to be working the trade phones now to bolster their blueline. Lost out on Boyle, and apparently out on Niskanen.

Babcock is on record as wanting a right shot...

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Detroit is desperate for a defender. Maybe they overpay for Green?

That would be the only type of situation where I would want to see Green gone. If they dump him him now, we have gained very little - just swapping Green for Orpik which isn't much...

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
You guys crap on Green but he's seriously better than Niskanen.

Alzner-Carlson
Orpik-Green
Orlov-Niskanen

That's a lot better than last year. Still no center but hopefully they can get a deal on a remaining player.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That would be the only type of situation where I would want to see Green gone. If they dump him him now, we have gained very little - just swapping Green for Orpik which isn't much...

Not necessarily. Dump Green for Orpik and Niskanen and use the extra space to sign a center (probably Legwand)

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
@TheFourthPeriod: Red Wings appear to be working the trade phones now to bolster their blueline. Lost out on Boyle, and apparently out on Niskanen.

Babcock is on record as wanting a right shot...

What do they have that makes sense?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Alzner-Carlson
Orpik-Green
Orlov-Niskanen

That's a lot better than last year. Still no center but hopefully they can get a deal on a remaining player.

I like Green I really do, but his time here has come and gone. He's not the same player and I think it's another Neuvy situation where it's better for him to move on to another organization and start fresh

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010

Alzner-Carlson
Orpik-Green
Orlov-Niskanen

I love green but it doesn't make sense to sign Niskanen for around 6mil and keep Green. Trade Green to Detroit for Tatar+ or something then sign Legwand and Weaver.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010

Alzner-Carlson
Orpik-Green
Orlov-Niskanen

Alzner - Carlson
Orpik - Niskanen
Orlov - Green

Great mobile D to go with our average offence with MoJo/Kuz at 2C. We kind of need Legwand now. Or at least another C for depth.

discobob

Dec 2, 2009
Everything

Alzner-Carlson
Orpik-Green
Orlov-Niskanen

That would eat up most of the remaining cap. They would then need to dump Laich in order to sign a #2C. I'd be fine with doing that and then dumping Laich to sign Grabo...

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I like Green I really do, but his time here has come and gone. He's not the same player and I think it's another Neuvy situation where it's better for him to move on to another organization and start fresh

Unless it's Brendan Smith+ were basically downgrading to overpay Orpik and whomever else they sign.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Alzner-Carlson
Orpik-Green
Orlov-Niskanen

7yr/7m AAV for third-pairing D? :laugh:

discobob

Dec 2, 2009
Everything
I love green but it doesn't make sense to sign Niskanen for around 6mil and keep Green. Trade Green to Detroit for Tatar+ or something then sign Legwand and Weaver.

Or you could keep Green and dump Laich in order to sign a #2C. Although, if they get 1/2 way passable offer for Green and sign Niskanen to replace him, then they risk loosing Green for nothing after this year.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Unless it's Brendan Smith+ were basically downgrading to overpay Orpik and whomever else they sign.

If it's Brendan Smith+ I would jump for joy. The problem is that Detroit is looking to add D not subtract it.

As others have said it would probably be around a younger guy like Tatar. What about Jurco? I don't know much about DET players

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
same guy who made me the "emotion" police i guess :laugh:

zzz-53708001884.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad