Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
warner....warner and frank Herzog were at wusa 9 at the same time. good times

Frank Herzog's daughter was in some of my 7th grade classes. She was early to develop breasts. I used to call them "her zogs".

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I forgot all about the sports machine call in number. 362-4444 classic. Called that many a time.

George Michael was way ahead of his time, but my oh my did he always butcher the hockey names. At least he tried. Its guys like him that got us ESPN etc.

Stevens at 3:00

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@AdamVingan: Jason Chimera just shouted "TMZ!"repeatedly at Brooks Laich. Hilarious as you could imagine.

:laugh:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Apparently Latta was at practices last 2 days, but still stuck in Hershey. Oh Oates...

It was Latta, Byers, Stoa, and Wellman at practice. They were sent pack after practice today because Hershey has a home game tomorrow night and they play at Verizon Center on Sunday. Wouldn't make sense to keep Latta up strictly to practice with the Bears on a roll lately

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Huh. I thought contending teams never traded away their UFAs to avoid letting them leave for nothing.

If Callahan nets a good return, it's going to make the Semin and Ribeiro situations look even worse.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
lots of if's, at play there. lets see how it plays out.

here's your nightmare scenario. the staal's have already recruited him to Carolina as a ufa.
Carolina gives up a conditional 2nd round pick and a prospect. the league already knows that
is the deal and there was no trade market for him.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
i have always thought a GM really limits his own options by being so stubborn to not consider trades within the conference.

If the trade is so lopsided the trade is going to haunt the club, you are getting fleeced in the trade. If the guy is that good, keep him if you are literally afraid to play him.

What precedent was set that dictated this, caos history, Rangers trade for Ridley, Montreal and Langway, Eminger for Carlson nothing to stop all conference trades going forward.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
HAHA....that's a lot of potential moves and assets going outbound for people to wring their hands over. Time to try and save your job George!!!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Trade freeze ends at midnight tonight. Will anyone come out of the gate swinging for the fences, or will everyone keep the powder dry and wait for others to show their cards?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
tfp article. says nothing. it mentions to link to miller which is unsourced. it then suggests that McPhee might be on the market for a defenseman and an energy forward.

there is not a single source or quote there. its a projection based on zip. frankly, aren't caps pretty good for energy forwards? that's a red flag there.

the only thing that makes any sense would be neuvirth for miller. the 1st round pick part of that doesn't make sense, but I can make a case for the idea that McPhee has decided to part with Neuvirth and getting Miller as a rental for that cost is acceptable.

I don't see McPhee wanting to keep Miller instead of the other two young goalies. But I wouldn't be shocked to see Neuvirth and a moderate future for a rental veteran. Holtby still gets to play if he out plays Miller.

btw.....just guessing. if Callahan is traded. Its to Carolina for Ruutu and a conditional 2nd round pick.

Last edited:

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Neuvirth and 2 2nds I could probably live with for Miller, but that doesn't fit money wise.

As long as we keep Burkovsky, Kuznetsov, Orlov, Holtby, and Wilson past the trade deadline I'll be okay in terms of prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad