Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
GMGM will do little but create another disaster for this team in which Ted will support. GMGM will be back next year, count on it.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
tfp article. says nothing. it mentions to link to miller which is unsourced. it then suggests that McPhee might be on the market for a defenseman and an energy forward.

there is not a single source or quote there. its a projection based on zip. frankly, aren't caps pretty good for energy forwards? that's a red flag there.

the only thing that makes any sense would be neuvirth for miller. the 1st round pick part of that doesn't make sense, but I can make a case for the idea that McPhee has decided to part with Neuvirth and getting Miller as a rental for that cost is acceptable.

I don't see McPhee wanting to keep Miller instead of the other two young goalies. But I wouldn't be shocked to see Neuvirth and a moderate future for a rental veteran. Holtby still gets to play if he out plays Miller.

btw.....just guessing. if Callahan is traded. Its to Carolina for Ruutu and a conditional 2nd round pick.

Gotta figure that's just TFP tying the Caps to the man of the day, Callahan. If you can trick a few gullible fans into thinking they're in on the big fish, maybe they stick around and generate page views.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Anyone here could write a piece about moving out 3 guys that requested trades.

And without the tanking of our own goalies, would believe McPhee is in the hunt for a goalie.

The problem is now we know they are back to being themselves, including Neuvy calling in sick, so the Miller story is more likely bunk than truth.

George doesn't move out players even if they request to be moved.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Hope there's some trades tonight.

If we do trade for Miller, anyone think McPhee will throw Quick under the bus in his talking to the media?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@Stormin1Norman: Martin Erat will be moved to a western conf team Montreal showed some interest but nothing more & about 5 other teams are in the mix #NHL

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Would anyone seriously be upset if we traded Nuevy, a guy that requested a trade + 1st for Miller, only if we can resign him for 5 years?

I know I wouldn't. This draft class is poor and if GMGM doesn't like anyone this class then I would do it too

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Yes. Would rather trade our 1st to fill a position in need.

It's also looking like that 1st will be top 10. Maybe top 15 if it's traded for Miller...

Liberati0n*

@Stormin1Norman: Martin Erat will be moved to a western conf team Montreal showed some interest but nothing more & about 5 other teams are in the mix #NHL

Do you have reason to believe this is legitimate?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Do you have reason to believe this is legitimate?
He's had some info in the past. Some Ribeiro related IINM. Not sure if he's got league-wide sources or just Montreal area contacts. He's not just some random anonymous dude.

McPhee did say recently that he'd ask Erat again if he still wants to move on so it makes sense. He's been better but the fit has never been there really and there's no way Oates will ever play him at RW.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Kypreos says its believed MSL asked for a trade after bring left off Canada.

Seems bit childish for MSL to do that. If he didn't he should come out and say so.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
tfp article. says nothing. it mentions to link to miller which is unsourced. it then suggests that McPhee might be on the market for a defenseman and an energy forward.

there is not a single source or quote there. its a projection based on zip. frankly, aren't caps pretty good for energy forwards? that's a red flag there.

the only thing that makes any sense would be neuvirth for miller. the 1st round pick part of that doesn't make sense, but I can make a case for the idea that McPhee has decided to part with Neuvirth and getting Miller as a rental for that cost is acceptable.

I don't see McPhee wanting to keep Miller instead of the other two young goalies. But I wouldn't be shocked to see Neuvirth and a moderate future for a rental veteran. Holtby still gets to play if he out plays Miller.

btw.....just guessing. if Callahan is traded. Its to Carolina for Ruutu and a conditional 2nd round pick.

Of course there are no sources. Come on.

Gritty and energy aren't the same. When was the last time someone other than our 6 min a night rookie finished a check consistently for an entire game? Laich, no, Erat, no, Mojo, no, Backstrom, no, Ovechkin, occasionally if angered, Grabo, no, Ward no, Chimera more than most, Brouwer, more than most.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Maybe the Caps could trade their left-shooting RW for another left-shooting RW and shoehorn him in on the top line.

MSL would sure look nice opposite Ovechkin, doncha think.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
This team is clearly Joe Corvo -away from being a legit cup contender. :laugh:

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'd be all for Kulikov if not for the fact we'd have to give up something substantial for him. Also not sure he'd bring what we need to our Top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad