Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Unbelievable that all 4 of the guys you mentioned have NTC's. It's doubtful he waives his to leave his hometown for here, but I'd love to have Garrison as the LD rounding out the top-4. Maybe ship out Brouwer/Erat+ for him.

Doubt we could get Garrison for that little, and especially not for Erat. Maybe Brouwer packaged with a quality defense prospect (Schmidt, Bowey) might at least get Vancouver's ears to perk up, but I think other teams would offer more.

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/was140212.html

According to multiple league sources, the Capitals are once again interested in acquiring Miller, who is expected to be moved shortly after the Olympic break ends on Feb. 24.

The Capitals would include Neuvirth in a package for Miller, and might also need to add their 2014 first-round draft pick in order to get him.

Sabres forward Steve Ott is also someone the Capitals are eyeing, and could be included if the two teams attempt to expand their discussions.

George wants to save his jobbbbb

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

According to multiple league sources, the Capitals are once again interested in acquiring Miller, who is expected to be moved shortly after the Olympic break ends on Feb. 24.

The Capitals would include Neuvirth in a package for Miller, and might also need to add their 2014 first-round draft pick in order to get him.

Sabres forward Steve Ott is also someone the Capitals are eyeing, and could be included if the two teams attempt to expand their discussions.

This would be one of those zero steps forward, two steps back situations.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Mortgage the future for another first round loss.

When all the assets have been moved, rebuild. Cup less and Ovechkin likely in Russia. Fantastic.

This is why you go big at the trade deadline years ago like many fans called for.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

How would we fit that under the cap?

Really that's hardly anything to give up for him. While I like Neuvy more than Holtby, Neuvy's time as a full-fledged backup is coming to a close. He's not going to sit behind anyone anymore, while Holtby is probably more inclined to backup for a few seasons. This draft is pretty horrid unless you have a top-1 or top-2 pick.

A bad contract (Laich please!) would have to be dealt there.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I kinda hope he makes that trade, loses Miller, and is fired. Hopefully the new GM could unload some people and super tank next year.

Than...maybe we get McDavid.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I don't see a need for Ott whatsoever. This team is full of grinders as it is. Why add another? I know Ott is a super pest but we have a younger version pest in Latta

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
How would we fit that under the cap?

Really that's hardly anything to give up for him. While I like Neuvy more than Holtby, Neuvy's time as a full-fledged backup is coming to a close. He's not going to sit behind anyone anymore, while Holtby is probably more inclined to backup for a few seasons. This draft is pretty horrid unless you have a top-1 or top-2 pick.

A bad contract (Laich please!) would have to be dealt there.

I'd imagine Brooks would have Buffalo as one of his NTC teams.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
GMGM will trade Johansson+ for Ott to make the team "tougher to play against" come the playoffs.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Replay of Shanny's 600th goal game.

Caps effort level is miles better. I love watching the young guns but it hurts seeing them make the same mistakes after how many years?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Wait, WHAT? GMGM rails against NTCs, and rightly so, and he gives one to ****ing Brooks Laich? What kind of crazy world am I living in?

It's a 5 team no-trade list submitted at the beginning of the season. It's not particularly limiting. If they wanted to trade Laich, they wouldn't have trouble doing so in the offseason, when other teams' cap issues aren't a problem.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
It's a 5 team no-trade list submitted at the beginning of the season. It's not particularly limiting. If they wanted to trade Laich, they wouldn't have trouble doing so in the offseason, when other teams' cap issues aren't a problem.

That's not so bad, though I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that the Caps wouldn't have trouble trading him in the offseason. Given his recent injury history, salary and production he may be a negative value player.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
That's not so bad, though I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that the Caps wouldn't have trouble trading him in the offseason. Given his recent injury history, salary and production he may be a negative value player.

No chance whatsoever.

As has been pointed out before, Horcoff returned something, and he was older and on a worse contract.

butters8814*

This year's draft is garbage, dont mind if they trade the first round pick, but for miller, dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad