Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Somethings up with him at this point and I don't blame them for not trying to ride Nuevy when anytime they do something comes up. He's always "sick" now a days.

Yeah I don't get it. Every time it seems like Neuvy has an opening to seize the #1 spot at least in name, he takes a sick day. F'ing Ponderous....

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
And as expected Holtby to start. lol this team.

And GMGM wonders why the goaltending sucks.

One good game from anyone automatically guarantees them a second game, sometimes more. Then one bad game, the other comes in. Rinse and repeat.

No continuity whatsoever.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
And GMGM wonders why the goaltending sucks.

One good game from anyone automatically guarantees them a second game, sometimes more. Then one bad game, the other comes in. Rinse and repeat.

No continuity whatsoever.

For most people that absolutely destroys confidence and, with what we've seen from Holtby and Neuvy, I'd say they aren't especially mentally tough. You can't be super stressed out, knowing that any bad goal could cost the game and get you benched for two weeks. You don't just keep yanking goalies (especially young ones) around like this. I think the three we have could all be fine but they're dangerously close to fouling up one or all of them, and s***ty coaching is contributing to the damage.

I mean, seriously, what's next? Alternating them every time a goal is allowed? Start Neuvy and he plays 14 minutes until letting one in after a horrific Defensive breakdown. Then Braden comes in and plays until the 9 minute mark of the 2nd when Erat buries one in his own net again. So back in comes Neuvy and he eventually gets yanked after we give up a 4-0 rush while on a PP. Then Holtby plays the rest of the game. Good times.

Last edited:

Burakovsky95*

Leo Komarov already wants back in the NHL. He was Ovie and Backstrom's linemate in Moscow during the lockout. On the Finnish National Team, smart, fast, little agitator with some skill. Might be worth it to throw him a contract this offseason. Unless Toronto still has his rights or something.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Leo Komarov already wants back in the NHL. He was Ovie and Backstrom's linemate in Moscow during the lockout. On the Finnish National Team, smart, fast, little agitator with some skill. Might be worth it to throw him a contract this offseason. Unless Toronto still has his rights or something.

They don't, but for some reason he wants to go back to Toronto and play on the 4th line rather than have a chance at playing with Ovechkin and Backstrom.

MaryChristine*

Somethings up with him at this point and I don't blame them for not trying to ride Nuevy when anytime they do something comes up. He's always "sick" now a days.

Sick of playing behind that D. LOL... j/k... kinda :sarcasm:

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
They don't, but for some reason he wants to go back to Toronto and play on the 4th line rather than have a chance at playing with Ovechkin and Backstrom.

No he doesnt. Pretty sure he'll pick the team he can have the biggest role at and im pretty certain it wont be Toronto. They didnt want to pay him more than 4th liner before, why would they now? He didnt want to waste a year there when he can be UFA in a year and trust me he's gonna look it through fully.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
So I see we'll have roughly $2.25 million at the deadline, not too bad

That's with only 22 players on the roster, two of which (Hillen, Volpatti) are on LTIR. That number shrinks once Wellman, Wey, and Broulliette are recalled, and shrinks further if Hillen or Volpatti come off LTIR.

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
That's with only 22 players on the roster, two of which (Hillen, Volpatti) are on LTIR. That number shrinks once Wellman, Wey, and Broulliette are recalled, and shrinks further if Hillen or Volpatti come off LTIR.

The three of them aren't gonna be up for the rest of the season. You can easily send one or a couple of them down before/after a move is made if there is one.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
So I see we'll have roughly $2.25 million at the deadline, not too bad

How the hell did that happen? I haven't been paying attention to the cap at all, but I thought they were over the cap (before LTIR) most of the season?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
How the hell did that happen? I haven't been paying attention to the cap at all, but I thought they were over the cap (before LTIR) most of the season?

See mystlyfes post. It's not real cap room, in that's they can not add 2.25m for remainder of season. Since it's all LTIR, it would be a 2.25m player. At best. And that's with all the guys in Hershey now, still in Hershey

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If big changes really are afoot in Vancouver, I just hope we're involved in the discussion for whichever of Edler/Hamhuis/Bieksa/Garrisson gets shipped out of town.

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
If big changes really are afoot in Vancouver, I just hope we're involved in the discussion for whichever of Edler/Hamhuis/Bieksa/Garrisson gets shipped out of town.

Unbelievable that all 4 of the guys you mentioned have NTC's. It's doubtful he waives his to leave his hometown for here, but I'd love to have Garrison as the LD rounding out the top-4. Maybe ship out Brouwer/Erat+ for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad