Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efactor

Dec 10, 2002
hfboards.mandatory.com
They should just tell Holtby the number is $5.5M per and let him choose between 4 -7 year term.

If we pay more than that, it will cripple our depth over the life of the contract.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Is it weird to think he does something like alzner did? Wants to be the man, says all the right things and takes a cheaper contract for the team?

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Alzner is the one guy not named Ovie or Holtby that I do not trade. He grew up big time this year. I think he's a top pair DD on a mid-bottom pair contract.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Certainly not ballsy, ballsy would of been a core shakeup. All he did was throw an obscene amount of money at a need to outbid others.

we had the most expensive Defense last year, we handed out a 7 year contract to someone with 1 year as a top D, and a 5 year contract to someone who was 34 and declining. A lot could have gone wrong, therefore ballsy.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
we had the most expensive Defense last year, thats a title most teams look to avoid.

Again that's not ballsy. If he traded Green, Laich, or another long tenured Cap, I'd agree.

When your desperate to improve your defense, especially after the musical chairs on D the year before, you overpay. I'd surmise he wanted to do whatever it took to avoid trotting out the same joke of a D corp.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Well, if we don't trade either our young players or any of our core (i.e, alzner), we're not getting any elite players. If you think Vrbata, Sharp, etc is enough to put us over the top, good luck. Neither of them impressed me in the playoffs, they are old and slow declining players. Now you would have to hope that the kids really don't regress next year like many rookies tend to do. If they don't step it up and improve the team is going nowhere without another major elite scorer.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well, if we don't trade either our young players or any of our core (i.e, alzner), we're not getting any elite players. If you think Vrbata, Sharp, etc is enough to put us over the top, good luck. Neither of them impressed me in the playoffs, they are old and slow declining players.

What elite players are available?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nothing is available if you are unwilling to trade any assets.

Okay say burakovsky and vrana and a first is available etc

I've heard nothing but sharp being available.
Edmonton isnt gonna trade eberle(nor have their been any rumors that they are) regardless of what we send unless we embarrassingly overpay
pavelski -there have been no rumors of them interested in trading him

Plus trading for one of those two would require either burakovsky and alzner or kuznestov and alzner
We should take sharp, he is cheaper and may cost a first rounder and a prospect as Chicago is desperate to unload him

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Everyone at the TDL was saying Eberle was soft and we should stay away from him. Now his name is being brought up again. :help:

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Okay say burakovsky and vrana and a first is available etc

I've heard nothing but sharp being available.
Edmonton isnt gonna trade eberle(nor have their been any rumors that they are) regardless of what we send unless we embarrassingly overpay
pavelski -there have been no rumors of them interested in trading him

Plus trading for one of those two would require either burakovsky and alzner or kuznestov and alzner
We should take sharp, he is cheaper and may cost a first rounder and a prospect as Chicago is desperate to unload him
Friedman was saying they aren't trading kuz or bura. They'd be crazy to move Alzner. I would move any of Mojo, Bowey, Vrana and 1st in a package for a good upgrade.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Friedman was saying they aren't trading kuz or bura. They'd be crazy to move Alzner. I would move any of Mojo, Bowey, Vrana and 1st in a package for a good upgrade.

i would entertain moving 1 for a better player than sharp, etc.. You have to pay to play the game.

Last edited:

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Everyone at the TDL was saying Eberle was soft and we should stay away from him. Now his name is being brought up again. :help:

a couple people said it, well probably a lot i don't know. For me it was fitting in his cap during the season, which is hard. It's not just acquiring Eberle/ Sharp/ Vrbata/ etc. its about moving out Green, Laich, Brouwer, mojo, and so on. That's a lot easier and more realistic to happen during the offseason.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
i would entertain moving 1 for a better player than sharp, etc.. You have to pay to play the game.

Sharp DOES seem like another Caps compromise, not the player that they really really want, just one that provides a marginal upgrade.
Kind of like Glencross was at the TDL.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Sharp DOES seem like another Caps compromise, not the player that they really really want, just one that provides a marginal upgrade.
Kind of like Glencross was at the TDL.

But who else is there? Pavelski? Eberle? Are those two even available?

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Simmonds is the guy Caps really want. Not that he is available, not that it is realistic, but he is the best possible option out there, lets face it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad