Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLIV (TDL Poll: Who Goes?) **MOD WARNING POST #547**

Status
Not open for further replies.

blokeyhighlander

June = :cupnana:
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Totally agree. Sharks are reeling, they're not going to make the playoffs. We need a 2C, Pavelski or Couture. My choice would be Pavelski.

What would Pavelski even cost?

1st + Bura/Kuz + Bowey? Plus?

Then we'd have to unload some money to SJ, so we may need to add more to get them to pay for players they don't want.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I really think Mike Green is going to be traded. Not that the Caps want to trade him, but, following the current trend, some team is going to offer a deal to the Caps that they simply can't refuse (ie overpayment).

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Shop Johansson and a prospect for the best top-6 forward you can get. Otherwise, mid-level prospect for Roy and call it a day.

Not a good idea to completely punt on a draft, IMO (see 2011).

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
We are literally only $500 under the cap now - so any move we'd make today would have to be for even money.

Not sure I'm optimistic. Really wish we could find any way to move either Laich or Chimera.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I really think Mike Green is going to be traded. Not that the Caps want to trade him, but, following the current trend, some team is going to offer a deal to the Caps that they simply can't refuse (ie overpayment).

could see detroit make a desperation move after the montreal, tampa and nyr defense trades

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
If Anaheim or some team gets desperate with the D's dropping like flies and overpays for Green, then i'd love to go heavily after Pavelski, but otherwise i don't know.

The price would have to be ridiculous to even get them on the phone about Pavelski. I seriously doubt he's going anywhere.

Thornton/Marleau could if they waive, but i doubt it.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004

That'll be best for the Caps franchise. I hope Greenie goes to a contender and we get an awesome asset or two in return.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think the 3 most likely to be moved are Chimera, Ward, and Laich

Longshot move: Green to Anaheim for a D + picks (Contingent on Resigning)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Yeah, Detroit and Anaheim stand out as not having done anything on their blueline yet. Phaneuf is still out there. Hejda & Michalek could help some teams defensively and Zidlicky maybe as a depth/PP guy. That seems like the only names that are top four types still available.

Gleason minus Hillen & Volpatti is a wash. Glencross minus Schilling adds about $2M so maybe there's $2M to work with, assuming Orlov is on LTIR. Maybe they could send Burakovsky down to add to that a bit. These extra roster spots being open may be as simple as thinning the roster as much as possible and then relying on emergency recalls when needed rather than carrying them and rotating guys. Now is the time for Trotz to stick with a lineup and set lines anyway.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
I'd be completely shocked if Green went anywhere. I just don't see it at all. I'm good with moving him for a big return (at least a 1st and/or a real F in return) but I'm pretty sure they got Gleason with Green in mind and that Green's money is (mostly) going to Holtby this summer.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I think the 3 most likely to be moved are Chimera, Ward, and Laich

Longshot move: Green to Anaheim for a D + picks (Contingent on Resigning)

if i was putting them in order of most likely it would be ward, chimera and then laich based on that ntc laich has

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
What would Pavelski even cost?

1st + Bura/Kuz + Bowey? Plus?

Then we'd have to unload some money to SJ, so we may need to add more to get them to pay for players they don't want.

I posted a proposal yesterday but some here didn't like it. You have to look at what's SJ needs and start in net. Niemi will be a UFA and they certainly don't want him back, so Grubauer would have to be part of the package we could send.

Pavelski's cap hit is 6 million and he's signed for 4 more years, so with the Caps current cap situation, according to NHL Numbers we currently have about 1.6 in cap space they'll need to send back salary that will make this work and players the Sharks may want. Johansson and Kuznetsov's are two RFAs who currently combined cap is 4.8. So sending those two back would make it work cap wise. Even with those three players going back, I'd think the Sharks would still want more but I wouldn't want to give up our '15 first rounder, rather I'd offer the '14 first rounder, Vrana.

People need to look at Pavelski's playoff numbers, 81 GP, 26 G, 30 A.

So Grubauer, Kuznetsov, Johansson, Vrana for Pavelski.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
hey question, sorry if this is a simple answer. but doesnt the cap go away after the trade deadline or is it just playoffs? im having a brain fart this morning

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Yeah, Detroit and Anaheim stand out as not having done anything on their blueline yet. Phaneuf is still out there. Hejda & Michalek could help some teams defensively. That seems like the only names that are top four types still available.

Gleason minus Hillen & Volpatti is a wash. Glencross minus Schilling adds about $2M so maybe there's $2M to work with, assuming Orlov is on LTIR. Maybe they could send Burakovsky down to add to that a bit. These extra roster spots being open may be as simple as thinning the roster as much as possible and then relying on emergency recalls when needed rather than carrying them and rotating guys. Now is the time for Trotz to stick with a lineup and set lines anyway.

So pretty much Atkinson or Beleskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad