Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLIV (TDL Poll: Who Goes?) **MOD WARNING POST #547**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
if we could do that deal, or close to it ... we'd be a juggernaut for this season and a few more

maybe add a 2016 2nd or something ... surely its close

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
if we could do that deal, or close to it ... we'd be a juggernaut for this season and a few more

maybe add a 2016 2nd or something ... surely its close

i agree it would be. but thats a steep price if schmidt only one to replace green next year. bowey/carrick could do it but that be interesting

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I just saw Craig Button on NHL.com say that the Caps had no shot to beat the Rangers in the playoffs and are wasting their time and assets with Glencross.

The Caps still have time to sell tomorrow. Maybe its not too late to throw in the towel.

Just put him on mute. His opinion means nothing. He's like GMGM, not in the game anymore. That kind of boasting will make him look silly if the NYR get booted out in the first round. Sure, they are stacked, but nothing is given until the games are played. Just wait until Yandle gets the Mike Green treatment or if Lundqvist can't play. Craig Button is a laughable. Why have a playoff with that kind of talk.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Same buffoon who was crucifying Carter Hutton for being a butterfly goalie like every other goalie in the past 20 years? :laugh:

Anyone think Gleason might be extended after this year, or nah?

With Trotz and wanting a cup, I would say it's possible. He's going to look out for his financial obligations first which I don't blame him for. I love how he just shook that blocked shot off in the first period.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Sorry I missed another good back and forth with Randy, I'm traveling trough Asia so the time difference makes for weird gaps...

I'd love to see them literally pry ROR or Pavs away, wonder what it would take to give them an "offer they can't refuse"? I'd personally do whatever it takes...

If we did that I'd call this a top three Caps team... And I'd enjoy the hell out of the ride...

Barring something like that I'm afraid we're still a bit short up front, though we do look tidy at the back. Man it's been a while since we had a rock solid D... Kudos to GMBM for finishing what George started.

I'll be mad if Green walks for nothing if this is indeed his last go round with us...

Ovechkin is, without a doubt, my favorite DC pro athlete of all time. He's a freight train with all the exuberance in the world... An absolute joy to root for I hope we give him a real shot or two soon...

Last edited:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Did you guys notice JVR tonight? Me neither.

If you're trading Burakovsky for a player, it better be one that drives the play on the ice.

That Leafs team is a beaten one. I didn't notice anyone to be honest (maybe Phil every now and then). Hard to gauge anyone's drive. JVR and Phil both need to get the hell away from there.

I kind of agree with both, except on the Leafs there were some players that were trying and that seemed at least threatening. Neither JVR, nor Lupul or for that matter Kessel seemed to be much of a threat.

And I've never really seen (or dont remember) those particular Leafs look dangerous against the Caps. My closest memory is of Lupul being a fairly significant player for the Flyers back in that first playoff series of the Ovi era, heh.

Of course they could be listless to a great extent because of where the Leafs are at.. but I'd want for someone who closely watches them to describe what they think these guys are capable of in playoffs.. Say JVR, what kind of linemates would he have chemistry with? How much of a motor does he have? Etc.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
JVR is what we are hoping Burakovsky becomes in 5 years. He's only 25....and when he was 20, he had a season similar to what Bura is doing now. 15 G, 35pts. Waiting for all these 20 year olds is not smart for an Ovy lead 3 year window.

JVR is not Erat, not even close. Comparisons to Forsberg's trade are totally off base, were it to happen.

If JVR is not driving anything, just scoring sufficiently... there is not much difference IMHO.

Bura is on ELC, and that's about 3,6M cap space more comparing to JVR. That's your Green over average 5D.

So next 2 seasons you have 15-20G Bura instead of 30G JVR AND 3,6M additionally. Also you don't have to sell some assets to acquire JVR.

IDK if I'd trade for JVR. We are 1 line team still, so having better defense and good grinders is a way to go until our 2C steps up (out of 24/7 gym).

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Like the Glencross acquisition but I value the 2nd and 3rd picks we gave up more than MOJO. A straight up Glencross for MOJO I'd have no problem with.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
OK, so what's the consensus - we like our team, or we are going to try to add another piece?

Langway touched on something I thought about already - we are near spent to the cap. Assuming the salaries of all players are largely accurate and reflective of their skills, we are going to be hard pressed to add significant talent to our lineup. It would be more rearranging the deck chairs on the SS Tit... re-allocating where money is spent.

Adding a LW bumped Chimera and possibly MJ, so maybe they are candidates out.

Let me be the first to say Glencross gets a look at 1RW.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Did you guys notice JVR tonight? Me neither.

If you're trading Burakovsky for a player, it better be one that drives the play on the ice.

For the most part didn't notice MOJO and Kuznetsov either and lets face it the Leafs were not playing a tight checking/physical game, in other words this should have been a game where they should have showed better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad