Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLIV (TDL Poll: Who Goes?) **MOD WARNING POST #547**

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
only thing im worried about with grubauer is next year. we can bring peters back as he has one more year but now outside of copeley we really dont have someone to replace peters should he stink again; just a thought

Phoenix Copley my friend. 23 years old and has about the same save percentage as Grubby, about the same GAA, and is 10-3-3 down in Hershey. He's more than capable of being a solid back up if we moved Grubby.

Copley on the year is 10-3-3 with a .921 save percentage and a 2.15 GAA. Pretty good.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

If that pipe dream top-6 forward deal happens (i don't see it) and Grubauer is moved, then that could be interesting. I wonder what the price is.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
@DennisTFP: Looks like Kings Justin Williams in play. Nothing imminent.

is the fourth period a good source? not saying cause of your rumor, im just saying based on how often the fourth period says something and nothing happens. if its true, then thats another target for the caps

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They're so-so. Better with Kings stuff. They had LA's interest in Sekera for a long while.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
They could throw in Chimera and salary rentention from other teams increases flexibility a bit.

There's a little more flexibility than I thought but part of that depends on their plans with Burakovsky and the extra roster spots. They do have a couple of three game road trips left so they'll likely need a seventh defenseman at least so that's another $550-625k. Some room...not much.

I believe their combined cap hit is $2.9M so Chimera would have to be added. Three roster players out? Very doubtful.

NHL Numbers doesn't show that, still showing the individual hits as 2 and 2.85 respectively. If only Capgeek was still :cry:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Joe Yerdon
‏@JoeYerdon
So the Red Wings are and are not interested in Dion Phaneuf. Got it.

have to think the come knocking now

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
that is way way too much ... fair suck of the sav :rant:

You might be right on them wanting Grubi, good point

Grubi, Vrana, Mojo, 2015 1st ... are we close ? ok, 2016 3rd

You acquire a Pavelski, there's really no need to hold on to Kuznetsov.

Keep in mind the Caps hunt for this missing 2C.
'14/'15 - Kuznetsov
'13/'14 - Grabovsky
'12/'13 - Ribeiro
'12 TDL - Arnott

Time to resolve this issue once and for all. Folks are talking about the Ovechkin/Backstrom window/years slipping away, well Pavelski is close in age to them. He'd be ideal anchoring the 2nd line. I don't know his role on the SJ PP, but I have to think he can take MOJO's position on our 1PP unit.

You don't want to shake up the locker room too much, so I'm not buying moving the likes of Laich and Chimera at this time for that reason, whereas I don't see Kuz or MOJO having similar roles within the lockerroom.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@JSportsnet: Chris Stewart's value appears to be dropping...hearing 3rd or 4th round pick...and Sabres retaining salary. #NHLTrade

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt 7s8 seconds ago
Brian MacLellan morphed into "Brian MacLennon" on #TradeCentre.

what does this mean? haha

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
It's a lateral move now, maybe even less, for the hope that JW continues his playoff prowess. I'd take him, but for a part we aren't using now. We need to add not just shuffle.
Adding extra parts now is just going to cause a log jam and there isn't enough available cap space to add Williams' $3.65M hit without moving someone with a higher salary. They'd have to move a roster player, either in a trade for Williams or another deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad