Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLIII (Trade Deadline 2015 Target Poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
I know I've seen some posts related to this recently and it could be true but who knows.

Chuck Gormley @ChuckGormleyCSN
Just wondering: Are Caps getting a longer look at Schilling or are other NHL teams? #CapitalsTalk

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I know I've seen some posts related to this recently and it could be true but who knows.

Chuck Gormley @ChuckGormleyCSN
Just wondering: Are Caps getting a longer look at Schilling or are other NHL teams? #CapitalsTalk

**** Gormley and his clickbait sensationalist ********.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Joe B on 980 right now.

Says he doesn't expect a blockbuster deal before the deadline, but he does expect some movement. He expects a big body, physical, D-man to pair with Green and/or maybe a center.

So what old D's are out there that fit that bill?

Sounds like Joe B expects them to ride it out with Green able to walk after the season.

How they handle the Green situation is going to tell me a lot about BMac. Letting him walk for nothing hurts a lot. 1st round/2nd round playoff losses we're used to.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah put me down for wanting that big, mobile, tough defensemen.

#FantasyLand

fantasyland-1.gif

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
What's the deal with Schilling...I've never been a big fan of his and I think Schmidt has (significantly) more upside.

Is he expendable and or valuable?

Expendable, yes - valuable, probably not.

Speaking of Schmidt, he is scheduled to play for the Bears tomorrow night. I suspect his play will have an impact on the deadline strategy (as well as whether he can go again for the Bears this weekend).

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So what old D's are out there that fit that bill?

Sounds like Joe B expects them to ride it out with Green able to walk after the season.

How they handle the Green situation is going to tell me a lot about BMac. Letting him walk for nothing hurts a lot. 1st round/2nd round playoff losses we're used to.

Oh, Smid maybe too.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Zbynek Michalek?

Interesting nugget here from venerable NHL scribe and Hockey Hall of Famer Jim Matheson, per the Edmonton Journal:

The Canadiens covet [Edmonton d-man Jeff] Petry to play with Alexei Emelin on a second defence pair in the wide-open East, where there is no clear-cut Cup contender threat. They may not want to deal their two young defencemen, Nathan Beaulieu or Jared Tinordi, in any deal for Petry.

They reportedly have offered their 2013 first-round pick, winger Michael McCarron to the Coyotes for the shutdown D [Zbynek] Michalek.

Yikes.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They shouldn't take on any term on a depth defenseman that isn't a Green replacement.

It seems like they've kind of backed themselves into a corner here in needing (and seemingly wanting) to make a hockey trade. Hejda or Gleason make sense on D but none of the rental forward options inspire much confidence that they'd make the sort of impact needed. There's way too much disarray up front.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Although I will say that in such a state of disarray up front that an experienced guy like Jagr is increasingly appealing, particularly if the cost is only their third rounder or something. I don't know if Trotz thinks he's quick enough overall to get in on the forecheck and the like but he does bring many things to the table that they lack overall (puck protection, composure/awareness on the puck and hockey sense). It's more of a matter of whether those things are really valued and I'm not sure they are (and, of course, the whole back story angle).

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Laich + BUF 3rd <> Glencross
Chimera + 3rd <> Jagr
2016 2nd + Schilling <> Hejda (30(?)% retained)

The perfect deadline.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Glencross, Jagr and Ference. Ference was awesome for the Bruins during their Cup run win. Find away to get money out. I know its 3 players, but that would really help the team out, and bolster the top 9.

Send out Chimera, waive Volpatti, and LTIR Erkine and Orlov until end of season. Monies should work, roughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln