Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLIII (Trade Deadline 2015 Target Poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindsideheadshot

Jun 26, 2013
Write in for Joffrey Lupul. Think he'd be a good fit replacing MarJo at 2LW or could play 1RW with Ovi and Backstrom. Don't think he'd cost as much as some other options and he has term.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Wouldn't do Alzner for Eberle.

The top-4 D quality is a huge reason for this season's success, and the best justification for optimistic playoff projection.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Alzner out, Sekera + Eberle in is interesting, but that's a lot to gamble on.
That's also a ton of moving parts. A significant amount of salary has to move out.

I'm generally not crazy about Eberle for this team. To much of a perimeter finesse player. I could see him disappearing completely in the playoffs.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
The same could be said of Marian Gaborik.

Gaborik had posted a 17 points in 18 games postseason prior to going to NY/LA.

He'd also had 3 40 goals seasons and 4 30 goal seasons prior to the LA move.

Eberle has 1 30 goals season and no playoff experience. Gaborik was the far more proven option in every aspect.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
- Chimera
+ Hejda
+ Bergenheim

Probably about as good as they can do under the circumstances.

They need some hockey trades but that likely needs to wait until the summer.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Went with Stewart and Hejda. Stewart has shown he can score, see if having the opportunity to play on the line with Ovie and Backstrom improves his effort and of course with Tortz hovering over him.

Hejda paired with Green in the playoffs I'd feel better about then Hillen. That veteran experience balancing Mike Green, being Mike Green.

Eberle would be nice, especially since he's signed for a few more years but that would be more of an off season transaction.

I just don't like dealing with Carolina, I know Rutherford is no longer there but I still have a sour taste from the Joe Corvo type deals we had with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad