Proposal: Acceptable Trouba trade

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
He is, but I think Larkin doesn't have a problem staying Detroit long term.
Probably not but he also may want to keep the option open for UFA as Trouba AND KO have done. Larkin is good no doubt but he as only scored 16 and 17 goals the last 2 full seasons. How much will Detroit readily commit to him for that? RJH is getting 8 per.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Probably not but he also may want to keep the option open for UFA as Trouba AND KO have done. Larkin is good no doubt but he as only scored 16 and 17 goals the last 2 full seasons. How much will Detroit readily commit to him for that? RJH is getting 8 per.
Only 17 and 18 goals last 2 years as a 20 and 21 year old. 63 points last year about as much as ehlers . My guess is Detroit would commit as much as winnipeg did to ehlers since larkin is the same age scored the same amount of points as a centre and did it on 1 of the worst teams in the league. Holland doesn't even answer the phone to talk about a larkin for trouba trade.

Reactions: Ippenator

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Wennberg+?

Wennberg and one of their nice D prospects would be sweet value even if we had to add a bit......but that would hurt us competitively next year not getting a immediate replacement......but that might be a reality tbh.

Reactions: Ippenator

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Wennberg and one of their nice D prospects would be sweet value even if we had to add a bit......but that would hurt us competitively next year not getting a immediate replacement......but that might be a reality tbh.
Don't think Cbj needs any more d... They're pretty stacked...theyre dealing a position of weakness (C) to add to a strength :huh:

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Only 17 and 18 goals last 2 years as a 20 and 21 year old. 63 points last year about as much as ehlers . My guess is Detroit would commit as much as winnipeg did to ehlers since larkin is the same age scored the same amount of points as a centre and did it on 1 of the worst teams in the league. Holland doesn't even answer the phone to talk about a larkin for trouba trade.
RJH didn't have numbers that warranted 8 million per but KO managed the approach in much the same way he has for |Trouba so we'll see if negotiations and contract proceed the same way or differently.

He definitely would answer the phone, doesn't mean it would be one for one, but absolutely discussions would begin if Trouba was willing to sign there long term.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Don't think Cbj needs any more d... They're pretty stacked...theyre dealing a position of weakness (C) to add to a strength :huh:
Yes, plus OverHard again?! They didn't want to reach to Riley Nash in free agency until last minute because of KO.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I know we had a list of the top D men in the NHL but does anyone have a list of the top D prospects not in the NHL yet? Remember back in the day we would throw names like Werenski and Provorov around but before they were in the NHL but most fans would balk because they weren’t proven yet.

If anyone can help out on this it would be appreciated.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
At some point a team not really mentioned and should be imo is the Flyers. Cap space, probably more than ready to be a playoff factor and some high end forward talent plus some very nice young pieces. A vet shut down beast fits them like a glove and no not the OJ dried out one.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I know we had a list of the top D men in the NHL but does anyone have a list of the top D prospects not in the NHL yet? Remember back in the day we would throw names like Werenski and Provorov around but before they were in the NHL but most fans would balk because they weren’t proven yet.

If anyone can help out on this it would be appreciated.

So if we do get a defensemen from outside the NHL and then when we trade Trouba you want a?

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Very very very questionable if True North would consider this let alone do it, however strictly from the type of player point and cost Voynov would be a really solid insert if Trouba goes.

Somewhere around the end of the season would be fine, apparently he did list or indicate Winnipeg was a a team he would look at playing for. Long shot for sure, still if there was enough of a true ownership of what he did and it was felt that was never ever going to again be any type of an issue ...

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Sorry I am not following?

No I'm sorry for I over read the word prospect's on your question so I had thought you were seeking names of defensemen outside the NHL's reach that the Jets could maybe possibly sign that was all.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Why do people even mention names like Zaitsev, Ceci and Ristolainen?

The idea is to have good players on the team, guys.
Ristolainen is young, big and puts up points. He's 23 for crying out loud playing on an abysmal team. He was an 8th overall pic and already has several years NHL experience.

I love how people think we are going to get an out of the box superstar for a player everyone in the NHL knows wants to leave this team (seems like the only people Trouba was fooling were peeps on this forum).

Ristolainen might have his development rebooted by playing with Laine, Niku and Vesalainen.

He is physical, and stays healthy.

Look at Chara's stats lines at 23, Ristolainen has been far better out of the gate than Chara - you never know the development path of a defenseman, but a guy who averages over 50 points in his 22 and 23 year old seasons is doing something right.

I don't know what Ristolainen is going to end up doing, but calling him a bad player isn't accurate.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
At some point a team not really mentioned and should be imo is the Flyers. Cap space, probably more than ready to be a playoff factor and some high end forward talent plus some very nice young pieces. A vet shut down beast fits them like a glove and no not the OJ dried out one.

Should have went there last year when they still had Schenn along with giroux, couturier, and Patrick down the middle imo. And got one of their D prospects as well. Too late now I fear.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Should have went there last year when they still had Schenn along with giroux, couturier, and Patrick down the middle imo. And got one of their D prospects as well. Too late now I fear.
Lots of options for the two teams still.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Ristolainen is young, big and puts up points. He's 23 for crying out loud playing on an abysmal team. He was an 8th overall pic and already has several years NHL experience.

I love how people think we are going to get an out of the box superstar for a player everyone in the NHL knows wants to leave this team (seems like the only people Trouba was fooling were peeps on this forum).

Ristolainen might have his development rebooted by playing with Laine, Niku and Vesalainen.

He is physical, and stays healthy.

Look at Chara's stats lines at 23, Ristolainen has been far better out of the gate than Chara - you never know the development path of a defenseman, but a guy who averages over 50 points in his 22 and 23 year old seasons is doing something right.

I don't know what Ristolainen is going to end up doing, but calling him a bad player isn't accurate.
There is no way Ristolainen would not be better off playing for a team who ices anything close to NHL level depth, but then again, we have a five-year track record of Ristolainen not having contributed towards changing that. He is playing 1D minutes and not producing anywhere near like one. His possession metrics suck, even relative to his teammates who he should be superior to.

The X factor is that he could just be the one who has to take the worst of being on a bad team; he faces top competition and plays the most minutes. But unlike many great defensemen, there doesn't seem to be a trend of his teammates being carried by Ristolainen (source: Natural Stat Trick). Some Sabres benefit from him, others don't.

It would probably be unfair to disregard his PP production altogether, but if we were to acquire him, how would he be able to produce nearly as well on the PP with Buff still occupying the first unit slot? Such a move would greatly limit his one strength, and leave us guessing whether he can produce at ES or not.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
There is no way Ristolainen would not be better off playing for a team who ices anything close to NHL level depth, but then again, we have a five-year track record of Ristolainen not having contributed towards changing that. He is playing 1D minutes and not producing anywhere near like one. His possession metrics suck, even relative to his teammates who he should be superior to.

The X factor is that he could just be the one who has to take the worst of being on a bad team; he faces top competition and plays the most minutes. But unlike many great defensemen, there doesn't seem to be a trend of his teammates being carried by Ristolainen (source: Natural Stat Trick). Some Sabres benefit from him, others don't.

It would probably be unfair to disregard his PP production altogether, but if we were to acquire him, how would he be able to produce nearly as well on the PP with Buff still occupying the first unit slot? Such a move would greatly limit his one strength, and leave us guessing whether he can produce at ES or not.

That is an awful lot to put on a 23 year olds shoulders.

Who would you see in a trade for Trouba that is realistic?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad