Proposal: Acceptable Trouba trade

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Hypothetically, if it does somehow get to the point where trading Trouba is Chevy’s only option, what are some trade proposals that you would feel is realistic and fair?

Asking because I don’t think I’ve seen a single legit Trouba trade offer on the main boards (other fans lowballing or Jets fans asking for the world). What kind of deal would we be looking at?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I want either a lateral trade in the same position, or something slightly lower in quality of D. I would love to see if the Jets could do a Trouba for Pesce trade.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Whoever proposed the JT Miller/Cal Foote trade, I really like that one. Rumor is Trouba wants to be in Florida, so that makes sense from that perspective as well. Plus it'd get him out of the conference. Miller could fill in as our 2C and we also get a Trouba replacement at a lower cost to help manage the cap, which would allow us to keep guys like Wheeler, Connor, and extend Morrissey longer term.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Dylan Larkin, massaged as needed would interest both teams I believe. Vincent Trocheck again with tweaks, both destinations should be on Trouba's favourite lists.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Dylan Larkin, massaged as needed would interest both teams I believe. Vincent Trocheck again with tweaks, both destinations should be on Trouba's favourite lists.
Love Trocheck. I wonder if we’d have to add though, he’s cost controlled and seems like a potential 1C

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
rebuilding team will take their chances with him in UFA imo, especially DET at their present state of their rebuild (not saying Larkin is fair value or not)

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Love Trocheck. I wonder if we’d have to add though, he’s cost controlled and seems like a potential 1C
He's really a great C and ascending and sure Florida does not want to move him especially under that contract however getting Trouba as the key piece would open discussions imo.

We have parts that could be included to make it attractive to them.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He's really a great C and ascending and sure Florida does not want to move him especially under that contract however getting Trouba as the key piece would open discussions imo.

We have parts that could be included to make it attractive to them.
what about Borgstrom+replacement RHD instead? Trochek 4 years left at 4.75M, just smh lol...incredible deal

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
rebuilding team will take their chances with him in UFA imo, especially DET at their present state of their rebuild (not saying Larkin is fair value or not)
Perhaps, but getting him 2 years before the possibility of that may influence their thinking. It isn't unprecedented for rebuilding teams to want to jump start things. As I said with the Trocheck comment, we have assets to include to make it a rebuild friendly deal. They could get players ready now and we get Larkin as the only player plus futures.

Not sure it is likely but again I think Trouba open s a LOT of discussions especially if he wants to be in the location long term.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
what about Borgstrom+replacement RHD instead? Trochek 4 years left at 4.75M, just smh lol...incredible deal
I personally believe Florida has players that could work, can see they would not at all want to move Trocheck but Trouba long term plus some nice upgrades for their depth should make the conversation serious.

Pysyk could be a piece for sure coming to Winnipeg, with an A level prospect.

Reactions: DRW204

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Pysyk+Borgström would be shit for Winnipeg. Pysyk didn't have the best of results in a top 4 role (16 points in 82 games, passable possession metrics, heavy DZ starts) and Borgström is very, very unproven.

Don't think there is a deal between us and the Panthers, for the next piece of interest would be Trocheck. That's a resounding no from Florida.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Pysyk+Borgström would be **** for Winnipeg. Pysyk didn't have the best of results in a top 4 role (16 points in 82 games, passable possession metrics, heavy DZ starts) and Borgström is very, very unproven.

Don't think there is a deal between us and the Panthers, for the next piece of interest would be Trocheck. That's a resounding no from Florida.
Pysyk would be better served in a bottom pairing role definitely. Would have to trust Myers as 2RD.

I don't know if there will be a 1 for 1 swap with another Dman that the Jets will come out on top edit: Or break-even.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Pysyk would be better served in a bottom pairing role definitely. Would have to trust Myers as 2RD.

I don't know if there will be a 1 for 1 swap with another Dman that the Jets will come out on top.
The only name I can think of that has been thrown out there is Klefbom, but I'm not sure if Chiarelli has come to his senses since those reports were aired.

I don't think I want any part in trading a #1 RHD for a #5 RHD and a C prospect with decent upside. I reckon we should just go for futures and cap space. Is it of any use to get an old one-year rental and some B prospects for a very valuable asset? I don't think so. Not a fan of trading for both futures and current pieces at once.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Here's a list of "top" NHL defensemen. Who on this list would be fair and possibly available in a trade for Trouba?
1. Victor Hedman, TBL
2. P.K. Subban, NSH
3. Brent Burns, SJS
4. Dustin Byfuglien, WPG
5. Erik Karlsson, OTT*
6. Seth Jones, CBJ
7. Drew Doughty, LAK
8. John Klingberg, DAL
9. John Carlson, WSH
10. Roman Josi, NSH
11. Shayne Gostisbehere, PHI
12. Dougie Hamilton, CAR
13. Torey Krug, BOS
14. Tyson Barrie, COL
15. Rasmus Dahlin, BUF
16. Kris Letang, PIT
17. Alex Pietrangelo, STL
18. Ryan Ellis, NSH*
19. Charlie McAvoy, BOS**
20. Keith Yandle, FLA
21. Ivan Provorov, PHI (INJ.)**
22. Mark Giordano, CGY
23. Zach Werenski, CBJ**
24. Matt Dumba, MIN (RFA)
25. Morgan Rielly, TOR
26. Aaron Ekblad, FLA
27. Oliver Ekman-Larsson, ARI
28. Rasmus Ristolainen, BUF
29. Jake Gardiner, TOR*
30. Ryan Suter, MIN (INJ.)
31. Mikhail Sergachev, TBL
32. Jake Muzzin, LAK
33. Brandon Montour, ANA (RFA)
34. Shea Theodore, VGK (RFA)
35. Erik Johnson, COL (INJ.)
36. Colin Miller, VGK
37. Colton Parayko, STL
38. Ryan Pulock, NYI
39. Justin Faulk, CAR (INJ.)
40. Justin Schultz, PIT (NEW)
41. Sami Vatanen, NJD (INJ.)
42. Will Butcher, NJD**
43. Mike Green, DET (NEW)
44. Kevin Shattenkirk, NYR (INJ.)
45. Darnell Nurse, EDM - RFA (NEW)
46. Mike Matheson, FLA (NEW)
47. Cam Fowler, ANA (INJ.)
48. Duncan Keith, CHI (NEW)
49. Jared Spurgeon, MIN
50. Ryan McDonagh, TBL

Reactions: Afterburner

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Stralman
Foote
Good forward prospect (Katchouk or Raddysh)

Stralman gives the Jets a strong defensive RD for this season.

Foote is a very good RD prospect.

Restock the cupboards at F.

Reactions: Jetsetter

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Let's just say we will be a bit disappointed in the return...

Not like we would get nothing back for him. But another GM isnt going to hand us a top line center or defender for Trouba. Not when he is demanding a huge payday and willing to walk on us.

Leafs are honestly the team that sticks out like a sore thumb to me as a trade partner. Nylander is probably the best player league wide I could see us getting back for Trouba. I'm sure theres something I'm missing, that's off the top of my head.

Now a Liljegren+ Kapanen + maybe a pick type deal makes much more sense for us.

I'm almost fine just keeping him cheap for two years, working around that and trying to win a Cup in the mean time. It's not our fault if he doesn't wanna stay

Reactions: Jets2point0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->