Waived: Aaron Volpatti waived; claimed by Capitals

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Really excited to see Ebbett back up with the big club!!!!!!

Ah, who am I kidding. :)
Hopefully Pinizzotto is ready soon. He's shinier and newer than the other guys.
Seriously though, he was the guy I was excited to see play a couple of years ago. I hope he gets at least a few NHL games. The guy has had such bad luck and worked so hard to make it here.

roastpuff

Jan 15, 2013
I just realized why Aaron Volpatti might have been waived. AV got fed up that there were two AVs on the same team.

There can only be one.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I saw that too. Dang, well at least Gillis is attempting to improve the team.

You won't land each and every player you pursue (ie Schultz, now ROR) but it certainly hurts to lose them to crappy Albertan franchises.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
rumour that canucks offer sheet ROR? so maybe free up space?

O'Reilly refused and opted to sign with the flames.

Would have been 5 million dollar to... and in my opinion for a non-proven player..

Doubt having O'Reilly improves this team at all, he is similar to players such as Raymond and Booth.

arsmaster*

O'Reilly refused and opted to sign with the flames.

Would have been 5 million dollar to... and in my opinion for a non-proven player..

Doubt having O'Reilly improves this team at all, he is similar to players such as Raymond and Booth.

Everyday you say something that makes me thankful you're nowhere near the front office of this organization.

You are good for some laughs though.:handclap:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Everyday you say something that makes me thankful you're nowhere near the front office of this organization.

You are good for some laughs though.:handclap:

Hey be my guest. After the signings of Booth, 1 hit season Garrison and Ballard, I've started to become pessimistic when acquiring players that come with a heavy price tag.

O'Reilly hasn't proven much at all. Colorado has been a bottom feeder for some time, should we take a 5 million dollar risk on a 22 year old? Considering the cap is going to be down by 10 million I say no. Get someone more proven.

You would have made us cap strapped? Tell me how you would have solve the cap problem with O'Reilly... PLease do.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Why not? I don't like the 5M AAV though...the Canucks could've tried 4 (and maybe they even did) which might have been 1.5 and 6.5. Our owner can afford it, it's all about the cap hit, not the salary.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I don't get it some of you guys need to watch the cap.

We have Booth at 4, Garrison at 4.6, Ballard at 4.1 (may not be accurate but close enough), adding O'reilly 5+ Million... that would be almost 20 million on well...

Not a whole lot.

To say we should have gotten O'reilly for that price is INSANE.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
O Reilly wants to be playing 2nd line at worst, Calgary is a great opportunity for him over us

Colorado gets better draft picks too

The only way a young stud is coming our way is if we have a dramatic opening for him, IE top six winger spot and its gonna be the second line because AV doesn't play anybody with the Sedins unless its Burrows

O Reilly to Calgary..........wow the new Colorado Calgary rivalry has begun
Imagine if Phil Kessel O'Reilly turns into McKinnon\Drouin\Jones

Colorado will also be drafting pretty darn high themselves, wow what a good draft this will be for them

Bloody Calgary

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Given his age, Volpatti was unlikely to develop further but still he looked to be an adequate 4th line. Fact Washington picked him up seems indication of this.

If the Canucks are relying on Pinizotto to fill in they may be grasping at straws. This player had serious groin tear this season and the likely of him fully overcoming that are questionable. He was not a very fast skater before and is likely to be slower now. At least Volpatti had NHL speed.

O' Reilly would be a huge pick up for the Flames.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hey be my guest. After the signings of Booth, 1 hit season Garrison and Ballard, I've started to become pessimistic when acquiring players that come with a heavy price tag.

O'Reilly hasn't proven much at all. Colorado has been a bottom feeder for some time, should we take a 5 million dollar risk on a 22 year old? Considering the cap is going to be down by 10 million I say no. Get someone more proven.

You would have made us cap strapped? Tell me how you would have solve the cap problem with O'Reilly... PLease do.

When will this be happening?

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
we waived Volpatti for EBBETT?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

great.... there's a reason Volpatti got picked up when we waived him and Ebbett nobody wants (except AV).

if i see AV put him on the PK one more time....

i dunno... **** this season and AV

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
What a bad luck draw for Vancouver. I was quite happy with his game this year. I don't think you could ask for more from a 4th liner. I don't think this is what the Canucks wanted to happen.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
First off, Volpatti was a good 4th liner for this team. Especially after the rotating heads that have been there in years past (before we got Lapierre as a staple in that spot).

However, Volpatti is a worse player than Weise. The same Dale Weise who was claimed off of waivers. So for people freaking out about organizational depth, chill. It's too bad Volpatti didn't get more of a shot here, but, whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad