Waived: Aaron Volpatti waived; claimed by Capitals

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Huh...that is weird. No sense in getting rid of depth for no reason, and I thought Volpatti had played his role quite well to this point in the year.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
volpatti did his job well.

fought, hit and forechecked. what else do we expect from 4th liners?

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Disagree.

The only thing Volpatti does better than Weise is fight, and IMO it's not by much.

Weise must have taken boxing lessons when he was in Tulipland because his skills have vastly improved.

It cannot be to bring up Ebbett can it? Geez that doesn't do anything for us....a bigger move? It is the best time in our season to make a move due to schedule

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Disagree.

The only thing Volpatti does better than Weise is fight, and IMO it's not by much.

Volpatti is a horrible hockey player. I can't even count the number of times the 4th line got hemmed in their own zone because of him being unable to receive or make a pass.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Volpatti > Weise AINEC....

I wouldn't go that far. I think they're pretty much a trade off at this stage (Volpatti being the better scrapper, IMO), but Weise has more potential upside.

Bringing up ebbett possibly?

I hope not...I just don't see the point. They play very different roles, and Ebbett has a far bigger impact in Chicago as a top-line guy than Volpatti will. If he's coming up just to ride the pine in Vancouver, you'd figure that wouldn't sit too well with the Wolves.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Unless there is an injury we haven't heard about yet, I don't know where Ebbett would fit into the lineup. He's not better than any of the forwards the team is now dressing.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
On the plus side, does this not indicate Schroeder has made the team for the time being? I would have figured he'd be the first to be sent down if they needed roster space.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Unless there is an injury we haven't heard about yet, I don't know where Ebbett would fit into the lineup. He's not better than any of the forwards the team is now dressing.

If they're making room for a deal, do they need to wait until tomorrow when Volpatti clears or is there a similar exemption as with players coming off IR (where it's enough to waive the player, don't have to wait the 24 hours)?

On the plus side, does this not indicate Schroeder has made the team for the time being? I would have figured he'd be the first to be sent down if they needed roster space.

I don't think Schroeder is going anywhere. That line might not be scoring but they've pretty much dominated possession ever since they took Weise off it.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
This is either forshadowing an Ebbett call up :)() or a trade (interesting)

Best fighter we have and good at throwing the body, hope he's not getting replaced by Andrew ****ing Ebbett

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Volpatti is a horrible hockey player. I can't even count the number of times the 4th line got hemmed in their own zone because of him being unable to receive or make a pass.

How many times has he kept Daniel off the ice? "Oh and Henrik passes to Burrows and Volpatti? in on the forecheck?"

Electric Eye

Aug 2, 2009
Bringing in Jason Arnott perhaps? Saw some tweets this morning about how he's gotten over a "minor injury setback" since failing the NY physical and how his brother Wade was liking giving the Canucks a call or two about it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad