Waived: Aaron Volpatti waived; claimed by Capitals

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
A couple of guys mentioned pacing. I think that's a really good thought. The team does seem to be puzzled as to how to play a forty-eight game season. I imagine the trade deadline, only a month away, will be the start of serious hockey?

The Canucks should make the playoffs and they seemed to be trending towards becoming a playoff team. Then Volpatti went away. How big is this? Nobody knows, yet. Does the team think this hienous and counter-productive or do they shrug it off? I think they should be smoking angry. Volpatti was part of the new Canucks and was a leader by example in the in team movement toward playoff legitimacy. Now he can bring that commitment to the Capitals. Is commitment valued, here?

The optics of this are pretty bad, taken in that light. Gillis can redeem himself with a surprise aquisition. He needs one anyway to deflect attention from his laughable player management over the last ten months. I think he expected Schultz to come here. This team would look a lot different if that had happened. Add in a Luongo to Florida trade (that should have been a no-brainer) and the team would be dominating. Those things didn't happen and we are seeing the result now.

Gillis has to act, but I don't think he will.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
A couple of guys mentioned pacing. I think that's a really good thought. The team does seem to be puzzled as to how to play a forty-eight game season. I imagine the trade deadline, only a month away, will be the start of serious hockey?

The Canucks should make the playoffs and they seemed to be trending towards becoming a playoff team. Then Volpatti went away. How big is this? Nobody knows, yet. Does the team think this hienous and counter-productive or do they shrug it off? I think they should be smoking angry. Volpatti was part of the new Canucks and was a leader by example in the in team movement toward playoff legitimacy. Now he can bring that commitment to the Capitals. Is commitment valued, here?

The optics of this are pretty bad, taken in that light. Gillis can redeem himself with a surprise aquisition. He needs one anyway to deflect attention from his laughable player management over the last ten months. I think he expected Schultz to come here. This team would look a lot different if that had happened. Add in a Luongo to Florida trade (that should have been a no-brainer) and the team would be dominating. Those things didn't happen and we are seeing the result now.

Gillis has to act, but I don't think he will.

Not much he can do on those though. Easier said than done... Unless you want to dump him for scraps?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->