OT: A Visitors Guide To Tampa: All Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
The guy said he had the entire day to kill. Along with a hefty percentage of brain cells and any bacteria/living organisms inside the body, 3 call-a-cabs will kill an entire day. It may also make you hallucinate while showing off a red tongue.

Haha yeah, i should have wrote a disclaimer, 1 should be fine :nod:

thesawch

Apr 16, 2012
What section is the outdoor terrace close to ?

I hear in Tampa at the Arena there is a outdoor bar in the upper deck area. What section is thei resturant/bar close to ? Thanks

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I hear in Tampa at the Arena there is a outdoor bar in the upper deck area. What section is thei resturant/bar close to ? Thanks

Here you go:
Bud Light Party Deck

The Bud Light Party Deck is located on the Terrace Level at Sections 304 and 328. The spacious 11,000-square-foot outdoor deck offers a variety of food and beverage options, including plenty of cold Bud Light. Take in the spectacular views of downtown Tampa while enjoying the great weather after a big Lightning win, a concert or any event.
http://www.tampabaytimesforum.com/arena-information/signature-areas

There is live music and hot dogs for $1 after the games. Great view too. :)

thesawch

Apr 16, 2012
taxi availability after game at Times Forum Arena

Just wondering what the taxi availabilty is after a saturday night game on Dec 7th to get a taxi to take me from arena to the Sheraton Westshore area at 4400 West Cypress St. I may have a few beers and not want to drive so if taxis are plenty i will just cab it. Thanks

jacketsnc33

Nov 24, 2007
Are the seats in row A of the 300 level obstructed at all? Looking to buy aisle seats in row A upper bowl. I know some arenas have a railing or big piece of glass to prevent a fall. Thanks!

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Not really. There's a railing/glass but there's nothing really interfering with line of sight. I'd say it's worse for row B but not terrible. There's no bad seat in the Forum.

Bedford Bolt

Nov 2, 2013
UK
Hey guys, I am from the UK and have been following the Bolts since 2009 and next year me and a couple of mates are planning to come to Tampa (around early March time) to watch a few games.

Could someone please recommend an alright (and fairly cheap) place to stay and any other general tips?

Would also like to know where the best place to get tickets from would be, I know I could get them online but is that the best way to do it?

thesawch

Apr 16, 2012
Hey guys, I am from the UK and have been following the Bolts since 2009 and next year me and a couple of mates are planning to come to Tampa (around early March time) to watch a few games.

Could someone please recommend an alright (and fairly cheap) place to stay and any other general tips?

Would also like to know where the best place to get tickets from would be, I know I could get them online but is that the best way to do it?

Rent a car while here and stay around the airport area as great deals on good hotels on hotwire . Get your tixs off of Stubhub or from the Lightnings teams seat exchange accessed from their web site.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Just wondering what the taxi availabilty is after a saturday night game on Dec 7th to get a taxi to take me from arena to the Sheraton Westshore area at 4400 West Cypress St. I may have a few beers and not want to drive so if taxis are plenty i will just cab it. Thanks

Taxis aren't hard to find around the Forum. The fare to the airport will run around $20-25.

flyinglizard045

Sep 27, 2013
The Desert, CA
Hello all. Sharks fan that's going to be in the area for the game on January 18th. Couple of questions. Any recommendations on what hotel to stay at ? What are good places to check out after the game. Any "hole in the wall" type restaurants in the area?

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Hello all. Sharks fan that's going to be in the area for the game on January 18th. Couple of questions. Any recommendations on what hotel to stay at ?

I'm in Tampa around the same time (Jan 11th -18th) and I can advise you to get a hotel soon. For some reason, the hotels are either booked or stupid expensive ($250+ per night). I ended up booking an AirBnB room, but even those were hard to get.

:(

Your best bet if you'll have a car is to stay out by the airport/Westshore and then park in Ybor and take the trolley in for the game. Tons of little hole in the wall places in Ybor.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I just moved to town from Buffalo and was wondering where the hockey bars are? I know about Andreychuk's Grille but I was hoping for something more north, say North Tampa/Wesley Chapel. Also how hard/expensive is it to get ice time around here?

Thanks

Yzlamic Preacher*

So who in Tampa wants to meet up and hang out? Having a local would be awesome to go to some pubs and such (wenches). Matt if you're still in, I haven't forgot.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I'm in Tampa around the same time (Jan 11th -18th) and I can advise you to get a hotel soon. For some reason, the hotels are either booked or stupid expensive ($250+ per night). I ended up booking an AirBnB room, but even those were hard to get.

:(

Your best bet if you'll have a car is to stay out by the airport/Westshore and then park in Ybor and take the trolley in for the game. Tons of little hole in the wall places in Ybor.

I managed to get the Hilton in Ybor for $79 a night. Need to find a rental car though for cheap.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
So who in Tampa wants to meet up and hang out? Having a local would be awesome to go to some pubs and such (wenches). Matt if you're still in, I haven't forgot.

I will absolutely be at the game, not sure if I can get there early enough to go wenching though. I'm good for some beers between periods though!

Yzlamic Preacher*

I will absolutely be at the game, not sure if I can get there early enough to go wenching though. I'm good for some beers between periods though!

what about after? I want to check out the world of beers too.

flyinglizard045

Sep 27, 2013
The Desert, CA
Matt/Stryfe I'd like to possibly join you guys if you all don't mind. This will be my 1st time ever going to Florida, there's a 75% chance I will be making the trip alone and it'd be cool to be with a local. I'm an away fan but I respect the opposition win or lose.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Matt/Stryfe I'd like to possibly join you guys if you all don't mind. This will be my 1st time ever going to Florida, there's a 75% chance I will be making the trip alone and it'd be cool to be with a local. I'm an away fan but I respect the opposition win or lose.

I'm cool with it! Beer unites friend and foe :laugh:

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I just moved to town from Buffalo and was wondering where the hockey bars are? I know about Andreychuk's Grille but I was hoping for something more north, say North Tampa/Wesley Chapel. Also how hard/expensive is it to get ice time around here?

Thanks

Linksters on BBD will be the only thing in North Tampa.. at least that I know of.

Yzlamic Preacher*

So have you figured out if your coming alone yet? I'll be there Monday in the afternoon and then going to the Rangers game.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
When are you free Matt? I'll be in town on next Monday.

Wait, you can only go to the Monday game? That's the only one that whole week I can't go to. I have a late class Monday but I have Wednesday and Friday off for Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad