OT: A Visitors Guide To Tampa: All Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
The party deck is fun. I know they've had some live music out there before. There's really nothing else around, though. Downtown is kinda dead and if you don't wanna go to Ybor then you're probably not gonna go to SoHo or a place like The Hub or Fly Bar.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
We're staying at Best Western Bay Harbor...

Ohh! You're off the CC bridge headed towards Clearwater. I'm not too sure whats available to watch the game over in that area, just a little north of you would be a world of beer and a few other things in a little area called Westchase, might be able to catch the games on TV there. I'm sure there is something across the bridge towards Clearwater, too, but i'm drawing a blank after yesterdays festivities. Downtown has Hattricks, which is always awesome but can sometimes be packed.

OH! If you head towards the airport there is a mall there, two actually - one of them is called International Plaza, lots of bars and stuff in there, Bar Louie usually has something going on, lots of TVs. Good beer selection, solid food. Champps is another.

If I can think of more, i'll follow up later tonight.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hey guys,

Thursday next week I'll be joining my girlfriend who's currently staying in Charleston, SC, until Sunday, March 30th. We'll rent a car and then on Monday our great ~2 week odyssey through Florida will begin. After stays in Miami, Key West and Fort Myers/Cape Coral we'll head for Tampa for 5 or 6 days. During that time we will - of course - go to the Lightning games against the Senators and the Penguins (I already have the tickets).

But besides the beaches and the Lightning, are there any locations or activities we shouldn't miss out on? Our hotel is on (or near) Pelican Island, we're 27 and 24 and we have a car. ;)

Cheers

BTW: Where's the best spot to buy Lightning stuff? Inside the TBTF?

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011

Pretty much, yeah.

I always recommend going to The Dali Museum in St Pete to anyone visiting (see avatar). It's awesome, cheap and close enough that you can go before or after the beach.

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Hi Guys!

Just got back, and I had a wonderful time in your city! Had dinner at Jackson's and ended up catching the game at our hotel at Hogan's.

Good food, and the Jets won! ;)

Thank you Tampa! Hope to be back soon.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Hey does anyone know where the visiting team skates/practices? The Devils have been down there all week and are practicing there tomorrow. Would it just be at the arena or the practice facility?

SpencerUSF

Mar 14, 2013
Tampa, FL
Hey guys,

But besides the beaches and the Lightning, are there any locations or activities we shouldn't miss out on? Our hotel is on (or near) Pelican Island, we're 27 and 24 and we have a car. ;)

Cheers

Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are pretty fun. Not necessarily something you "shouldn't miss out on," but if you're looking for something you can have a nice time at those places.

As far as places to get Lightning stuff, the forum is the best bet if you're looking for anything more than just the typical MSL/VL/Stamkos shirts and jerseys that you can get at any normal Lids Locker Room location. Unfortunately, you'll pay an astronomical amount there. My Conacher shirt cost almost $38 after tax there.

DAGREEK88

Jul 9, 2009
BOLTON
I will be in Tampa for a few days on April 24th and 25th to watch the the Tampa/Toronto game and also want to take the kids to the beach. What is the best beach not to far from the rink?

Also what is the cheapest hotel walking distance to the hotel?

The Mighty Duck

#9 all the way...
Mar 3, 2011
Germany
Hey Tampa Fans,

coming in peace. :) Making holiday in the states (Florida) and want to ask you guys, if there is a chance to see players from Tampa or Ottawa (will be at the game on tuesday) before the game or after the game (shirt signing, picture)? If there is a chance, can you guys tell me, where this place is going to be? Would be very thankful...

bostonfan21

Apr 11, 2013
team veiwings

Hey guys, me, my father and my younger brother are down here in tampa and are going to watch the Pittsburgh vs. Tampa game today. me and my dad thought it would be awesome if we could see the players before they hit the ice. me and my dad done it last year at one of the leafs game and wondered if we could do it here again for my little brother. if you have any information please feel free to post it would be really appreciated guys:)

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Hey all,

Just wondering the hotels you'd recommend in Tampa, I'll be driving up from Miami to catch the Flyers/Lightning game Nov. 27th.

I hear the atmosphere is good there. looking forward to it.

TheDamned

"Only in Montréal"
Aug 5, 2005
Montréal
Montrealer going to a Bolt's game, parking/directions advices.

Hello all,

I'll be staying near Orlando next week and I already purchased tix for Tuesday's game against the LAK.

I'm looking forward to feel a different atmosphere than the Bell Center!

Anyways, what do you locals suggest as driving directions from Orlando, any\tips\tricks ? At what time should I leave if I want to catch the warmup and all ?

Google maps says it's ~2h from where I am. Is the traffic bad as hell inbound on I-4W at around 4-5pm ?

Any recommended parking spots to ? I don't mind walking to get to the rink.

Thanks you Bolts fans.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I would leave Orlando no later than 4, especially if you want to make warmups. Traffic can be snarly that time of day on I4. I'm a little compulsive about being early though.

Somebody else would know better where to park, I always park downtown (Jackson) and hike it. Be aware that downtown Tampa is a bunch of one way streets if you go that route. The meters are free after 6:00 pm. Or they were last season, haven't been down there yet this year.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Leave before 4. Orlando traffic around rush hour is horrendous. There's a couple garages around the area. I always use the one near the Aquarium and Hooters because Hooters validates your chip and its like 6 or 7 bucks after that.

TheDamned

"Only in Montréal"
Aug 5, 2005
Montréal
Thanks guys

I will leave at 14:00 to be sure and anyway we have to grab lunch before the game.
Any good restaurants recommandations walking distance from the arena ?

canadiancreed

Exiled from paradise
Nov 10, 2010
Canadas Black Hole
LIke the damned, I'm in Orlando for early November, and having never been south of the Mason-Dixon Line, I"m wondering what I should be checking out in the area (the area being Tampa Bay/Orlando/Jacksonville)

parker171*

Will be alone in tampa for the day on Saturday. Will be taking in the bruins game but have the entire day to kill. Anything around the arena that I could do?

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
Will be alone in tampa for the day on Saturday. Will be taking in the bruins game but have the entire day to kill. Anything around the arena that I could do?

Before the game, go to Chanelside(area next to the arena), go to Wet Willies, Drink 3 call-a-cabs, enjoy the rest of your night

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Before the game, go to Chanelside(area next to the arena), go to Wet Willies, Drink 3 call-a-cabs, enjoy the rest of your night

The guy said he had the entire day to kill. Along with a hefty percentage of brain cells and any bacteria/living organisms inside the body, 3 call-a-cabs will kill an entire day. It may also make you hallucinate while showing off a red tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad