A theory about Kadri

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Yay for being a one-line team?

While I'd love to see the points they could put up, balanced scoring is far more important.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
it will be an interesting situation the whole bozak/ kadri thing. i think everyone including both bozak and kessel know that bozak on the top line was temporary. i think the thing that makes this situation even more interesting is the play of bolland who has been killing it this season. bozak might not even be able to lock down the 2nd line spot with the way bolland has been playing.

i would not be shocked to see a line up of the following when everyone is back and healthy;

jvr-kadri-kessel
lupul-bolland-clarkson
kulemin-bozak-raymond
ashton-mclemment-orr
mclaren.

i suppose bolland and bozak could flip but i find bolland a much stronger player defensively. if a line needs to go against anothers top line i think its become evident by how carlyle uses his players that bolland is preferred over bozak. that isnt to say bozak is useless or obsolete. i think its just about making the lineup as well rounded as possible.

Bolland shutdown Crosby, and scored too. I think he is too valuable in his role to be moved. He is the Center I trust the most when the game is on the line. He is also producing despite having low offensive zone starts, a Mirtle excuse last year for our former #3C. No reason to move him where he is succeeding.

Corbsy

Oct 31, 2013
I understand wanting to spread your O. But I would have to say longterm... I think JVR- Kadri- Kessel line needs to solidify and grow together.

That is the type of #1 line that you need to go deep into the playoffs. Teams begin preparing and playing to your beat.

Kadri's 1 on 1 skills allow him to draw defenders while at the same time having great vision and passing ability... He has and will continue to give kessel so many more opportunities to take advantage of his speed and quick release. It frees up everybody on that line and all 3 have finishing ability.

there are no defensive liabilities on that line.. all 3 backcheck very well, Kadri has improved at recovering the puck and maintaining puck possession in his own end..

I just think it is a perfect trio based on how their individual skillsets match up with one another. Particularly Kessel-Kadri, they make eachother that much more effective, on paper and so far in games.

JVR/Kessel have played well in spite of bozak, not because of Bozak. The next two lines can handle their O more than well enough without Kadri.

I made an account just to post this because I think these 3 together is very important going forward.

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
********. Those are the numbers for last season + this season thus far. NOT the last 2 seasons.

"Last 2 seasons" always includes this season, no?

"I've posted here for the last 2 years" means this year and last year, no?

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
"Last 2 seasons" always includes this season, no?

"I've posted here for the last 2 years" means this year and last year, no?

If "last 2 seasons" means "last season + this season" then...
"last 1 season" must mean "this season" according to your logic.
"last season" must mean "this season" according to your logic.

I think it's fair to say most people mean the 2012-2013 season by "last season".

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
"I've lived here for the last 2 years"

does that include this year?

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
"I've lived here for the last 2 years"

does that include this year?

That means it's been 2 years since you moved into that place. If it's the month of July, then it includes half of this year. If it's January 1st, no it does not include this year.

"last" in the case of seasons is synonymous with "previous", so does it make sense to say "these are the numbers for the previous two seasons", and then include one previous season + this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad