A theory about Kadri

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bolland is better suited for the 3rd line . Thats the logic behind it

Because Chicago had him as 2c and slid him Down to 3c, so because Chicago used him as 3c we have to. I see. There is no logic just pecking order.

Mapleleafs Fan*

People, who give **** about Bozo - the clown - every time, started a new crap calling it balance. Stop being a clown lover kids. Kadri shut down Malkin and Bolland shut down Crosby isn't that enough for you too see the battle we won in face offs?

1. JVR - Kadri - Kessel

Most balanced and dynamically best scoring line in the league. Accept the fact that JR is playing on PK unit which means he is a reliable guy on defense. Blowzak can't use Kessel and JVR's play making skills at all. Kadri just showed it how good they can be.

2. Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson

How come anyone think that it's not balanced or it's a cheating with Lupul? You can always find Bolland parked around the net almost all the time. Clarkson covers almost everything lol. Both Lupul and Clarkson just have to shoot the net and Bolland will take care of the rebound. While Bolland also is a play maker and we all saw that last night.

3. Kulemin - Blowzak - Raymond

Both Kulemin and Blowzak are best at the shut down roll. While Raymond can utilize their skill with his speed. Also being on a 3rd line creates more opportunities of getting steals, take aways and break out chances. You obviously can't rely on passing to Kessel while it's the opponent's best team on the ice.

4. McLaren - McClement - Orr

Grinding and crashing line. Good defensive McClement and two fighters. You can almost always see a fighting chances when 2 heavy weight champions are on the ice.

Just accept it that Blowzak is blowing away our chances of winning. If he would be playing last night I am sure we would have lost the game. It's frustrating also as a player when your 1st line center sucks and you don't see them generating score. It kinda creates the negativity in your mind.

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
People, who give **** about Bozo - the clown - every time, started a new crap calling it balance. Stop being a clown lover kids. Kadri shut down Malkin and Bolland shut down Crosby isn't that enough for you too see the battle we won in face offs?

1. JVR - Kadri - Kessel

Most balanced and dynamically best scoring line in the league. Accept the fact that JR is playing on PK unit which means he is a reliable guy on defense. Blowzak can't use Kessel and JVR's play making skills at all. Kadri just showed it how good they can be.

2. Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson

How come anyone think that it's not balanced or it's a cheating with Lupul? You can always find Bolland parked around the net almost all the time. Clarkson covers almost everything lol. Both Lupul and Clarkson just have to shoot the net and Bolland will take care of the rebound. While Bolland also is a play maker and we all saw that last night.

3. Kulemin - Blowzak - Raymond

Both Kulemin and Blowzak are best at the shut down roll. While Raymond can utilize their skill with his speed. Also being on a 3rd line creates more opportunities of getting steals, take aways and break out chances. You obviously can't rely on passing to Kessel while it's the opponent's best team on the ice.

4. McLaren - McClement - Orr

Grinding and crashing line. Good defensive McClement and two fighters. You can almost always see a fighting chances when 2 heavy weight champions are on the ice.

Just accept it that Blowzak is blowing away our chances of winning. If he would be playing last night I am sure we would have lost the game. It's frustrating also as a player when your 1st line center sucks and you don't see them generating score. It kinda creates the negativity in your mind.

Did you just call Bozak Blowzak? That's the least clever, most lame nickname I've ever heard.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel Best attack in the league!? get out of here haha

Mapleleafs Fan*

Did you just call Bozak Blowzak? That's the least clever, most lame nickname I've ever heard.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel Best attack in the league!? get out of here haha

Not best but for our team, it's best. Unless you say Kessel - Bozo - JVR is the best for our team.

You can't create Duchene, ROR like centers without giving them top line minutes.

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
Early

Enthusiasm and adrenalin from the novelty of the young season will wane across the league... Clarkson's return and the nightly rush provided by two very motivated goalies has given the Leafs some extra buzz as some teams (like the oilers) are starting to face the let-down...

Nice bonus for the Leafs is that at some point they will have a healthy lineup... That will be like a second (or third) start to the year. It is nice to have some reasons to get pumped up over a long season.

I look forward to this:
JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Kulemin
Raymond Bolland Clarkson
Mclaren McClement Orr

Phaneuf
Franson
Gunnarson
Gardiner
Fraser
Ranger
Rielly

Man- i miss Liles, but where does he fit?

PS. If we had Komarov on the 4th line, I would be too excited to sleep at night.

Tyler Biggs*

I love Kadri's goal celebrations! It's like the first time every time.

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box
JvR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson
Kulemin - Bozak - McClement
Orr - ________ - McLaren

Trade Raymond at the deadline for futures, Leafs won't be able to afford him going forward, if they can get a high draft pick for him to help replenish the prospect pool, it'd be wise to do so. In case of injury, guys like Leivo, Ashton, Broll, Bodie, etc can plug into the line up.

Trevor Smith or Jerred Smithson slot into the 4th line center spot. Ideally I'd like to see someone like Zenon Konopka in there, who wins face offs and can drop the gloves but I wouldn't waste any assets trying to acquire him (assuming it would take more then a 6th or 7th rounder to get him).

The top line would be pure skill, second line would be able to cycle the puck, keep puck possession and provide secondary scoring. The third line would be a great shut down line. Fourth line would be an energy line, good for 6-8 minutes a night and a fight or two. Perfect Burke/Nonis lines.

Tyler Biggs*

Love how Kadri shows true teamwork. When Jokinen was beginning a tiff with Kessel, Kadri came right into the mess to intercede.

MapleLeaf4ever

Feb 9, 2013
GTA
JvR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson
Kulemin - Bozak - McClement
Orr - ________ - McLaren

Trade Raymond at the deadline for futures, Leafs won't be able to afford him going forward, if they can get a high draft pick for him to help replenish the prospect pool, it'd be wise to do so. In case of injury, guys like Leivo, Ashton, Broll, Bodie, etc can plug into the line up.

Trevor Smith or Jerred Smithson slot into the 4th line center spot. Ideally I'd like to see someone like Zenon Konopka in there, who wins face offs and can drop the gloves but I wouldn't waste any assets trying to acquire him (assuming it would take more then a 6th or 7th rounder to get him).

The top line would be pure skill, second line would be able to cycle the puck, keep puck possession and provide secondary scoring. The third line would be a great shut down line. Fourth line would be an energy line, good for 6-8 minutes a night and a fight or two. Perfect Burke/Nonis lines.

I'd be okay with this down the stretch, I think one of the things people mistake my stance on Bozak is that they seem to think that I believe kadri isn't a 1C. Which I don't, or at least don't think he won't be one, just not yet. Bozak is a solid 2/3rd liner and easily one of the best NCAA signings ever and this season is allowing kadri to grow as a player. Also the strength that the leafs have in wingers allows two really good line's back to back for teams to deal with which if people watched the last few cup winners, it hasn't been put all the stars together every night, it's been put one super star here, another there, some solid complimentary guys around them and HANTA YO.

I think the leafs have a real good shot this year due to the east having an abundance of weakly structured teams. So the only real thing I would disagree with here is getting rid of MayRay. guy is clutch and was on his way to being a top 6 player before he broke his back. His speed is back and Gillis is kicking himself. I say we stay pat, give Nazem the odd game on the top line and make a run for it. If they can maybe grab a guy like Girardi at the deadline or some other possible UFA of his ilk then that would be gravy, but that might not be likely until they move liles.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I don't understand why everyone posting in this thread is determined to make our top line worse defensively, and 3rd line worse offensively.

Bozak between Kessel and JvR has been one of the best offensive lines in the league over the last year.

Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson would probably be the league's most dreaded matchup for an opposition's top line. 2 strong cycle players who like to play the body, the ability to generate goals by outworking the opposition, and a speedy two-way winger to let Bolland/Clarkson handle the dirty work without running the risk of an odd-man rush.

Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin would be one of the best secondary scoring threats around, and has been when they've been healthy.

BooRadley

Aug 7, 2007
Mapleleafs fan,

You have to get Carlyle these lines somehow. They're the same ones I have been hoping for as well.

MiniMoose

Apr 12, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I agree with even strength, but Bozak SHOULD NOT get PP time. There are tons of players more talented than him and he ain't even doing much on the dot

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
JvR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Raymond
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson
Orr - McClement - McLaren

I don't mind that at all.

That depth when healthy makes me smile, hope we see it for a long time after everyone returns.
Pretty good top 6, love the third line and the fourth line does its job.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I don't see how were a one line team with Kadri on the 1st line. If you think Lupul-Bozak-Clarkson can't generate offense your badly mistaken.

I think Bozak's production will go up, not down on that line. I think they will be able to get cycle game going and what Bozak does very well is dishing the puck to his wingers [and both know how to finish].

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Bozak really shouldnt get PP time.. Realistically though he wins faceoffs and Kadri really doesnt fit anywhere on that powerplay, having Kadri on the otherside of the ice halfwall would really be quite useless, unless Kadri drastically improves his playmaking skills that hes been showing this season, he doesnt deserve PP time.. Our best PP line would be Kessel Lupul JVR but they need someone to win faceoffs.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Bozak really shouldnt get PP time.. Realistically though he wins faceoffs and Kadri really doesnt fit anywhere on that powerplay, having Kadri on the otherside of the ice halfwall would really be quite useless, unless Kadri drastically improves his playmaking skills that hes been showing this season, he doesnt deserve PP time..

Lol is this some kind of a joke? Kadri leads all the Leafs forwards in PP points this season.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
I am not opposed to putting Bozak on the third line, not at all. The idea deserves a shot. Kadri was dynamite against the Pens, keep him where he is.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
How is it about balancing when you have Bolland? I can't understand this logic at all.
Exactly. His line is just getting shafted especially in an important shut down role.

Bolland is better suited for the 3rd line . Thats the logic behind it
We don't really have a Sundin or Toews-equivalent top line, though. Instead, we're depending on three skilled lines, and it's rather obvious a Bolland - Raymond pair is nowhere close to a Bozak - Kessel or Kadri - Lupul ( AND Clarkson).

I am pretty sure one of our top six guys will be playing with Bolland. It actually isn't very surprising that Clarkson is glued on the Bolland line. I can see our line up going like:

JVR Bozak - Kessel
X - Bolland - Clarkson
Lupul - Kadri - X

Kulemin is going to be an interesting forward. I think the shut down line requires him as much as the depth scoring counterpart. It is a bit of a shame that Leivo hasn't broken out yet, because Raymond is clearly the missing link.

Personally, I'd prefer seeing Bolland on the top line, but Bozak doesn't really seem to fit anywhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad