A theory about Kadri

MajorityRules*

Yet another example of why I'm glad it's Carlyle making up the lines and not anyone in here.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I agree with even strength, but Bozak SHOULD NOT get PP time. There are tons of players more talented than him and he ain't even doing much on the dot

The PP is ranked 4th in the League.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
So basically your saying the Leafs are playing 4 on 4 when Bozak is part of the PP

Ofcourse not, Bozak just does circles 20feet away from the net and plots in an empty net goal from a nice pass from Kessel every now and then, that's something insignificant, but something to say the least.

Stating or Support the fact that the PP is ranked #4 because of Bozak there is, well... :shakehead

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
According to the Bozak fanboys bozak does little things right:

Good defensively
Good FO guy
Good PK guy

What they do not know i.e. Bozak fanboys/fangirls that they just described a Good 3rd line checking C. And I have no doubt that Bozo will be a good 3C. Bozo not good enough to be a top 6C in this league. Period!
your childish adaptation of his name makes it easy to ignore your opinion and hard to take it seriously

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Ofcourse not, Bozak just does circles 20feet away from the net and plots in an empty net goal from a nice pass from Kessel every now and then, that's something insignificant, but something to say the least.

Stating or Support the fact that the PP is ranked #4 because of Bozak there is, well... :shakehead

Who has stated that?

MajorityRules*

I don't think I've seen anyone say the PP is ranked #4 because of Bozak. They do however acknowledge that he is part of that #4 ranked PP. Something posters like yourself seem unwilling to consider. Just like he was part of the #2 ranked PK last year. He's not the reason the Leafs did so well but he was a part of it. Try to accept it and move on. You'll feel better.

stanleyorbust

Nov 29, 2009
Because Kessel and Kadri are the most skilled players we have....

Kessel is skilled enough that he and JVR do not need an elite/ high end center for the line to be dangerous. Bozak works very well with the line.

Lupul is a very good goal scorer, and Clarkson is a grinder who can put in garbage goals. However they need a skilled center to distribute the puck to them. Kadri is that center.

Kadri is a # 1 center.... its just a matter of time before he completely proves this to everyone. The reason he doesn't play on the first line is that the leafs can have # 1A and # 1B lines by putting him on the second line.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I don't think I've seen anyone say the PP is ranked #4 because of Bozak. They do however acknowledge that he is part of that #4 ranked PP. Something posters like yourself seem unwilling to consider. Just like he was part of the #2 ranked PK last year. He's not the reason the Leafs did so well but he was a part of it. Try to accept it and move on. You'll feel better.

I find it silly to insist someone be removed from the #4 ranked PP because he's not deemed a suitable #1 center 5 on 5.

If the PP starts to nosedive than absolutely that is someone they can look to remove, silly to consider it until then and not something a Coach would do.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I find it silly to insist someone be removed from the #4 ranked PP because he's not deemed a suitable #1 center 5 on 5.

If the PP starts to nosedive than absolutely that is someone they can look to remove, silly to consider it until then and not something a Coach would do.

I somewhat agree with you but now since that Bozak's injured our power play should be somewhat inefficient (according to you) because he's gone from that 1st unit. Its hard to maintain a #4 ranked power play but it would be interesting to see if the powerplay without bozak jumped up to say rank #2 or fell to say rank #7. Its a small sample size of a few games but the results should be somewhat interesting.

MajorityRules*

A good coach wouldn't that's for sure.

One things for sure with this team, there is room for improvement. Anyone watching the games can see there are things that need to change (giveaways, SOG etc) but the PP is not one of those things. At least not right now.

MajorityRules*

I somewhat agree with you but now since that Bozak's injured our power play should be somewhat inefficient (according to you) because he's gone from that 1st unit. Its hard to maintain a #4 ranked power play but it would be interesting to see if the powerplay without bozak jumped up to say rank #2 or fell to say rank #7. Its a small sample size of a few games but the results should be somewhat interesting.

Actually if I remember correctly (and I'm sure someone will be there to correct me if I'm wrong) during Saturday's game the broadcast crew made mention of Toronto having the #2 ranked PP during Toronto's first PP against the Pens so in reality, the PP did get worse with Bozak injured.;)

But just to be serious for a second, that's the second time you've assumed something that nobody has claimed at all. Try to pay attention here. Bozak is a part of the #4 ranked PP. He is not the reason for it, he's a part of it which means he is not hindering it whatsoever. So when he comes back from injury he should be just fine stepping back into his role centering Kessel and JVR and your beloved Kadri can go back to ripping it up with Lupul.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

I never said that.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Having Boz on the top unit allows for a much deeper second unit. Tough to argue against a #3 overall PP.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Two things I want to see for sure:

1. Get Bozak off the damn PP. Our PP forwards should be Lupul, Kadri, Kessel, JVR, Clarkson, Bolland, and possibly MayRay.

2. Demote Bozak, I'm not saying Kadri has to be our #1C, but Bozak has done nothing to earn the icetime he's given like other players (Kadri, Lupul, JVR, Kessel, Gardiner, Rielly, etc.) have.

1 of the following:

Lupul/JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul/JVR - Bolland - Clarkson
Raymond - Bozak - Kulemin (great defensive line with some offensive output)
XXXX - McClement - XXXX (one of Ashton, McLaren, Orr, Broll, etc.)

or switch Bolland with Kadri if you don't think our 2nd line has enough offense (pretty dang sure it does).

KULEMINakajesus

Dec 8, 2010
i think kadri should stay with lupes, when kulemins back theyll get going again.

Bolland is honestly just a better version of Bozak, minus the faceoffs. The guy threw up a 130 points in junior i think he'll just get better as the season progresses as he gains confidence.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Having Boz on the top unit allows for a much deeper second unit. Tough to argue against a #3 overall PP.

What's our 2nd unit when healthy? Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson? If we are healthy and our first unit isn't one of: Lupul/JVR - Bolland/Kadri - Kessel.... we could be doing better.

One reason I think our PP is going to be so good this year is we have 3 guys that are good at punching in those rebound/trash goals and screening the goalie (JVR, Bolland, Clarkson) while last year we only had 1 and the year before we had none.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
i think kadri should stay with lupes, when kulemins back theyll get going again.

Bolland is honestly just a better version of Bozak, minus the faceoffs. The guy threw up a 130 points in junior i think he'll just get better as the season progresses as he gains confidence.

Kulemin is not going to be on our secondary scoring line over Clarkson IMO.

Also, I think the main reason people want Kadri over Bozak is that Bolland and their shut-down unit is getting a good chunk of ice-time so Lupul/Kadri seem wasted in their limited minutes (unless we're behind in a game and in need of goals).

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
I think you are having trouble understanding... or just making stuff up for fun?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad