A theory about Kadri

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Mark Masters @markhmasters
Carlyle on Kadri: "He’s a guy that enjoys the spotlight, he enjoys talking to you people & he backs up what he says."

Carlyle on Kadri eager for more TOI: "You’ve got to love that in a player bc he wants more. That’s what separates good plyrs from grt plyrs"

mikebel111*

Carlyle on Kadri: "He’s a guy that enjoys the spotlight, he enjoys talking to you people & he backs up what he says."

Carlyle on Kadri eager for more TOI: "You’ve got to love that in a player bc he wants more. That’s what separates good plyrs from grt plyrs"

you can tell that randy loves kadri. He was never in his dog house, kadri just wasn't playing well so he got a wake up call.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

:handclap::handclap: Good for him

SNLeafaholic

Oct 20, 2013
Having Kadri and Lupul on the 2nd line creates a balanced attack. I'm fine with Kadri being a 2nd line center on this team when everyone is healthy.

Buddy. When we get Kulemin,Bozak and Lupul back. We will have one of the best if not the best top 9 in the league. Just imagine lines like this

Kessel-Bozak_JVR
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin/Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-Kulemin/Clarkson

Bolland's line is for sure a shutdown line but can easily score goals too. If Nonis could just find us a dependable stay at home defender like Fraser but better, this team would be well on its way

oh yeah.it doesn't hurt having a tandem of Reimer and Bernier either:nod:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Carlyle trying to get Kadri away from East-West game; notes many teams focused on back-side pressure

Carlyle on Kadri: "He needs a refresher every once in awhile as we all do"

Carlyle points out Kadri has been used on PK lately; jokingly asks media why he hasn't been questioned about that

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Kadri is gonna be one of the greatest home grown centers in a long time. Only problem I see with him is his maturity and ego. He needs to just play his game and he'll be one of the best out there. He will earn top spot eventually.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
James Mirtle @mirtle
Carlyle on Kadri and Kessel: "If they continue to produce it's going to be hard to break them up. But that's the way it works."

omg omg omg

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
James Mirtle @mirtle
Carlyle on Kadri and Kessel: "If they continue to produce it's going to be hard to break them up. But that's the way it works."

omg omg omg

Kadri plays well with whoever's on his line. I'd like the Kadri-Lupul and JVR-Kessel duo on separate lines, Carlyle probably thinks otherwise right now though

Last edited:

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
James Mirtle @mirtle

omg omg omg

2209629-459066-young-man-celebrating-victory-isolated-over-white.jpg

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kadri is gonna be one of the greatest home grown centers in a long time. Only problem I see with him is his maturity and ego. He needs to just play his game and he'll be one of the best out there. He will earn top spot eventually.

Really don't think it's ego at all. I just think it's his cocky personality. It helps him become a better player.

Subban is the same way and he plays darn well these days.

Kadri is best when he is cocky and physical on the ice.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Kadri's a good player and, yes, if he keeps it up, Carlyle will probably leave him on the first line. It's not that big of a deal.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Is there a point you're trying to make? I admitted that a small part of me is vindictive and would like to see obnoxious Kadri fanboys disappointed. Do you never have occasional irrational thoughts like that? It doesn't mean that the predominant rational part of myself actually wants Kadri to fail. I like Kadri and want him to do well, but I see no need to overhype him.

I don't disagree that he shouldn't be overhyped, but the bolded is the problem. You frequently complain about other posters, sometimes deserved, but often not as well. It seems like you often post to put other people down, and I don't really get why. I understand that people often post ignorant or irrational statements around here and sometimes they need to be put down, but I didn't really see why it was necessary here.

So a few people got excited, what's the big deal really? :dunno: Let them be.

And for the record I do think you're one of the most level-headed and intelligent people on here and I respect that you don't post stupid things or have ridiculous overreactions either. I just feel like it gets a little excessive sometimes when you post things that have the vibe of a teacher trying to discipline his students.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
James Mirtle @mirtle

omg omg omg

No way you split them up after how well they've been performing, just no way. I hope they keep it up because you know as soon as Kadri has one bad game Randy will go back to Bozak on the first line. The longer they keep it up the more forgiving Randy will be of Kadri's mistakes.

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Top-Scoring Centres, Last 2 seasons:

1. S.Crosby 76pts
2. S.Stamkos 75
3. R.Getzlaf 62
4. H.Sedin 62
5. P.Datsyuk 61
6. E.Staal 61
7. J.Toews 61
8. N.Backstrom 60
9. J.Tavares 60
10. M.Ribeiro 58
11. M.Duchene 56
12. N.Kadri 56
13. C.Giroux 54
14. A.Kopitar 53
15. J.Thornton 53

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
No way you split them up after how well they've been performing, just no way. I hope they keep it up because you know as soon as Kadri has one bad game Randy will go back to Bozak on the first line. The longer they keep it up the more forgiving Randy will be of Kadri's mistakes.

If that line can average 3 goals per game, then there's absolutely no way you split them up. Only an idiot would do that, as a 3 goal per game average would put them on par with some Gretzky-Edmonton years in terms of offence. Heck, if they can average 1/2 that they probably stay together.

But, if they slow down to a pace similar to when Bozak's on the line (essentially 1.1 goals per game), then it makes sense to have Bozak there. He's a better possession / defensive player, and Kadri is of more value centering Lupul. It gives the Leafs opponents what they had last year when Lupul wasn't injured -- the inability to key in on one line.

Backhandshelf81

Jun 14, 2013
James Mirtle @mirtle

omg omg omg

Is it just me that interpreted what he said as, "It's going to be hard to break them up, but we're going to. That's how things work"?

leafstilldeath*

James Mirtle @mirtle

omg omg omg

Ooohh Yeahhhh!!!

bedd75ee8422e1c60905f2b10f847494.gif

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
There is a key reason to have 2 scoring lines: when you are away, the home team has the last change. if you shut down kessel jvr, then kadri-lupul are free. if you mix up lines too much, then you can affect chemistry.

If boston/pitts/detroit/tampa try and shut down a kessel jvr line, i can't see them doing that successfully and also shutting down kadri-lupul.

however, i have no problem with kadri on first line if we keep this offensive rate, wins, and take down top teams. this simply means that other teams have no answer for our top line. no need to break it up if it's working. sports is about results.

Tyler Biggs*

It is clear the Leafs win the Kessel trade. He is a star player. Also, I'd like to see Kadri stay in the top line even with Bozak returns. He is far more skilled and is wasted playing with pluggers.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
It is clear the Leafs win the Kessel trade. He is a star player. Also, I'd like to see Kadri stay in the top line even with Bozak returns. He is far more skilled and is wasted playing with pluggers.

not "clear" considering boston got a cup and 2 eastern conference banners out of it - not to mention beating us on route to one last year

we're looking good now, and so is vessel, but so is seguin too and boston got what they wanted

everybody won

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Top-Scoring Centres, Last 2 seasons:

1. S.Crosby 76pts
2. S.Stamkos 75
3. R.Getzlaf 62
4. H.Sedin 62
5. P.Datsyuk 61
6. E.Staal 61
7. J.Toews 61
8. N.Backstrom 60
9. J.Tavares 60
10. M.Ribeiro 58
11. M.Duchene 56
12. N.Kadri 56
13. C.Giroux 54
14. A.Kopitar 53
15. J.Thornton 53

********. Those are the numbers for last season + this season thus far. NOT the last 2 seasons.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
it will be an interesting situation the whole bozak/ kadri thing. i think everyone including both bozak and kessel know that bozak on the top line was temporary. i think the thing that makes this situation even more interesting is the play of bolland who has been killing it this season. bozak might not even be able to lock down the 2nd line spot with the way bolland has been playing.

i would not be shocked to see a line up of the following when everyone is back and healthy;

jvr-kadri-kessel
lupul-bolland-clarkson
kulemin-bozak-raymond
ashton-mclemment-orr
mclaren.

i suppose bolland and bozak could flip but i find bolland a much stronger player defensively. if a line needs to go against anothers top line i think its become evident by how carlyle uses his players that bolland is preferred over bozak. that isnt to say bozak is useless or obsolete. i think its just about making the lineup as well rounded as possible.

K19*

You answered your own question. It's learning/trying to be a complementary piece (winning FOs, being good defensively, etc).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad