Value of: A real backup to Toronto

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
So you expected him to put up a GAA of 4+ nope not buying it

I expected him to play like a small goalie that will get hung out to dry fairly often. If he were to get a single shutout that gaa drops to <3. He's a backup on a rebuilding team who's stats were inflated by playing in LA'S defence first system. So to be perfectly honest, his gaa is irrelevant imo. If we were a competing team with a solid defence, for sure I'd agree. Watch the goals he let's up though, alot of them are 2nd chance plays or blown coverages. His stats are indicative of our defence so far. I mean, look at freaking bernier; goes to anh and plays better hockey than we ever saw in Toronto.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
i think the leafs would take a 2nd to rid the jets of that contract

Jets management is content letting him play out the year in the AHL and leaving as a UFA this coming summer. They're not that desperate to rid themselves of the contract at this point.

As a starter he was not good, but behind a true starter, you could do alot worse if you get him at a discount (which you would) on his next contract. To get back to the NHL he'll be taking a pay cut.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Jets management is content letting him play out the year in the AHL and leaving as a UFA this coming summer. They're not that desperate to rid themselves of the contract at this point.

As a starter he was not good, but behind a true starter, you could do alot worse if you get him at a discount (which you would) on his next contract. To get back to the NHL he'll be taking a pay cut.

I personally think Jimmy Howard will get bought out and he will be brought in

They aren't exposing Marazek

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Ahem

2.92 GAA 901 Save %

Meanwhile in duck land Bernier is doing EXACTLY what I knew he would because he's not NHL caliber

Not too far from Gibson and his 90.6 sv% and 2.69 GAA. The disastrous performance impacts his stats more than it would had it happened to Gibson due to the amount of games played. Bernier is NHL caliber...maybe not as a starter but certainly a backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad