Value of: A real backup to Toronto

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
you mean the guy with a .930sv% in november? yeah, good one :shakehead

All of November? Wow, it's like when Reimer would play great for six weeks.

Almost a whole month of good tending, whoopi

I adore these arugments/points... he's sooo good if you ignore the games he's not good in.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I adore these arugments/points... he's sooo good if you ignore the games he's not good in.
I dont know wvat you are expecting from andersen, the leafs defense would likely make price look average

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Or he sucks based on 7 games if we forget the rest?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I think Niemi would be a smart choice. He is used to play in front of inexperienced defense and is signed for one more year so he can be exposed at expansion draft.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

You call him out for his sample size, yet you used a smaller one to call Andersen a "backup". :laugh:

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Leafs have 62 games left. Andersen can easily play 48-50 of those games. So why would Leafs acquire an new backup for ~12-14 games?

I think Niemi would be a smart choice. He is used to play in front of inexperienced defense and is signed for one more year so he can be exposed at expansion draft.

Why would Vegas take Niemi? He's bad.

willyjones

May 30, 2013
I think lou and company are hoping ramo is better by Xmas or earlier new year. Free asset if he comes back to form and is much better then enroth. I know our defense is not that great, but in the 3 games he has played he has looked terrible. Yes I know defense goes hand in hand with good goal tending, but he has been caught swimming and out of position so many times..

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
dont waste assets trading for anyone. Ramo got a name plate and a stall and leafs practice facility no other non roster player has one (ie: Brandon Prust) i bet they sign him as soon as he is cleared. Then waive/trade (unlikely) enroth

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think you got to look into getting a NHL caliber defense first.No goalie is going to help that mess of a defense.

Not true Andersen has been great since November 1 with the exception of the game against LA

his numbers are steadily improving and he plays behind the same D so how come he can play well but Enroth can't?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The guy has played 5 games ffs. CHILL.

Not to mention we have Ramo waiting in the wings.

Ya but he was only slated to start 20 or 25 games so he's wasted 20-25% of his starts already and now Ramo is here so his career as a leaf could be done

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If Enroth still looks bad around New Year's, I wouldn't mind trading for Hammond, Lack, Mazanec, or even somebody better like Halak, Niemi or Miller.

It all comes down to cost though. We don't NEED a better backup, so quality assets are off the table. We would possibly have to ship out a cap dump (Michalek / Laich / Greening) and would probably need to involve Garrett Sparks, our projected backup for next season.

Halak would be an off season move so we don't have to worry about losing him to vegas.

Another option is Jimmy Howard if he's bought out

Andersen and Halak, Andersen and Howard or Andersen and Elliott

either of those combos would be good

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Enroth is a real backup. Our team is just terrible defensively. I'm not that worried anyway, we're not going to bring cup contenders anytime soon. Why waste assets on a backup when they're typically available for pennies in free agency?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Enroth is a real backup. Our team is just terrible defensively. I'm not that worried anyway, we're not going to bring cup contenders anytime soon. Why waste assets on a backup when they're typically available for pennies in free agency?

Enroth is not a real backup, real backups have good games, the team is not an excuse Andersen has that same tdam and his numbers are steadily improving

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
Enroth is not a real backup, real backups have good games, the team is not an excuse Andersen has that same tdam and his numbers are steadily improving

Well, his numbers as a starter couldnt have been much worse at the beginning of the season, so his improved numbers really arent that surprising...

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
I still don't understand why the Leafs didn't just scoop Reto Berra off waivers at the start of the year. IMO there was no reason to ever sign Jhonas Enroth.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Bernier is 6-3-1 with a .935 SV% and a 2.02 GAA with Anaheim.

He's outplayed Gibson, which I don't think anyone saw coming. Not really sure what happened to Bernier last year in Toronto.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Hunwick
Marincin
Polak

This is half of our defense. We finished 30th last year. Stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad