A pro Tank thread for the future of New York Rangers

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I watched Chicago and Los Angeles quite a bit in the last week. I cannot get over how bad Chicago is. Seabrook is shot and Keith is leaking oil badly. Toews looks disinterested, something I never thought I would say. Kane is the only core guy they have going.

LA has a pulse but it is weak. At least their big guys are trying. Depth is non existent.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Actually, there aren't.

Chicago is bad. Real bad. Los Angeles is bad. New Jersey might be bad.

St. Louis will turn it around.

Beyond that, we can hang with everyone else.

St Louis isn't turning anything around. Their goaltending is abysmal beyond belief and their coaching is a lost cause. And the players aren't seeming too happy lately either. Zach Sanford and Rob Bortuzzo got in a big fight in practice today.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
I watched Chicago and Los Angeles quite a bit in the last week. I cannot get over how bad Chicago is. Seabrook is shot and Keith is leaking oil badly. Toews looks disinterested, something I never thought I would say. Kane is the only core guy they have going.

LA has a pulse but it is weak. At least their big guys are trying. Depth is non existent.
I think in 2-3 years time, we will start to say the same things about the Pens and Capitals...

Reactions: bobbop

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers still have zero regulation or overtime wins in 15 games on the road (4-9-2). None.

The Rangers have played 36%-37% of the their road schedule and they haven't raised their arms in victory after 60 or in OT.

The shootout has got to go. The NHL doesn't even count a shootout win in a tiebreaker. They use ROW. They award 2 points for it. Play 10 minutes of OT. No winners. Tie. They have ties in the NFL. They don't have a FG contest to determine the winner.

Their next two road games are Toronto and Nashville. They play the Blues on New Year's Eve.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I think in 2-3 years time, we will start to say the same things about the Pens and Capitals...
Pens I could see, not the Caps. Not even close. They're in great shape. Ovie looks like he's not going to slow down, Backstrom is built for longterm success, guys like Kuzy and Burakovsky, a solid D. They could supplement that roster much easier through the draft and FA than Pens could IMO.

Edit: lordy, almost forgot about Captain American TJ Oshie. f*** I love that guy. What an absolute beauty.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

I think CHI is going to try and move out one of the big 4. Seabrook is going to be tough, and Kane is not someone you should trade, but I can see teams going after Keith. Not sure how long he will stay motivated since his salary is going to be half of his cap hit in the next two years... but that's the logical next step for that group. If there is a team that is going to go after Panarin, it's CHI. What a mistake that trade was.

LA- You're right, there's not depth on that squad. It's similar to the Rangers banking on all of these UDFA's to backfill years of missing draft picks. It just doesn't hold up.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The Rangers still have zero regulation or overtime wins in 15 games on the road (4-9-2). None.

The Rangers have played 36%-37% of the their road schedule and they haven't raised their arms in victory after 60 or in OT.

The shootout has got to go. The NHL doesn't even count a shootout win in a tiebreaker. They use ROW. They award 2 points for it. Play 10 minutes of OT. No winners. Tie. They have ties in the NFL. They don't have a FG contest to determine the winner.

Their next two road games are Toronto and Nashville. They play the Blues on New Year's Eve.
Have you considered using point form?

Reactions: Go Away Staal

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
upload_2018-12-13_4-49-44.png

There it is. Chicago beat Pittsburgh 6-3.

The Rangers have the fewest ROW in the NHL.

The 5-1 shootout record skews their position in the standings.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
View attachment 164725

There it is. Chicago beat Pittsburgh 6-3.

The Rangers have the fewest ROW in the NHL.

The 5-1 shootout record skews their position in the standings.

And there’s more of this to come. The Rangers are a bad team. Every team has one good streak in them. The Rangers ‘ good streak is now in the rear view mirror. You just need to show a little patience.

Reactions: E-Train

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
And there’s more of this to come. The Rangers are a bad team. Every team has one good streak in them. The Rangers ‘ good streak is now in the rear view mirror. You just need to show a little patience.

The idiocy from the fandom after the streak was way more hilarious (embarrassing[?]) than the Rangers falling back to Earth.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
After tonight’s loss I’m quite disgusted. In keeping with the title of this thread I hope Hank waives his NTC. He’s one of my all-time favs and I’d hate to see him go but I also hate that he has to play behind this garbage defence every night. As for tanking, losing Hank is the easiest way to go and let’s face it, he would bring the the best return of any player we have in a trade

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers started out 3-7-1. They went 9-1-1. The Rangers are 2-5-3 since the Friday Black Friday afternoon game against Philadelphia. Their victory against Ottawa 3 weeks ago is the only ROW in that last 10 game stretch.

They have Anaheim tomorrow night. It will be the Ducks 3rd road game in 4 nights. They were in Columbus on Saturday, play Pittsburgh tonight and the Rangers tomorrow night. Gibson played in Columbus. Gibson is from Pittsburgh so he is probably playing tonight. Chad Johnson is back up. He will probably start tomorrow night if they don’t want to play Gibson in back to backs.. Ryan Miller is out with a knee injury. One of the Devils ran him over last Sunday.

You have to figure the Rangers will win tomorrow night. Arizona had a 4 game road trip and the Rangers were the only team they beat. Lost to Boston, Buffalo and Carolina. Vegas was also on a road trip. They should have blown the Rangers out in the 2nd period if it was not for Lundqvist.

They still have the fewest ROW’s in the NHL. Their last home win was against Ottawa 3 weeks ago. They lost to Winnipeg in a shootout and lost in OT to Arizona and Vegas. They still don’t have a ROW on the road. That’s amazing.

Reactions: JoeMurphysSkates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad