A pro Tank thread for the future of New York Rangers

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
With Hank in net the Rangers will never be able to fully tank. It's just a fact of life.. the man is just too good. The real travesty is that we wasted his prime years with the likes of Stu Bickel, Mike Kostka and the corpse of Roman Hamrlik on defense..just to name a few gems. I'll never forgive Slats for not making a move at the deadline for a defenseman and making us use Stu Bickel as our #6D in the ECF against the Devils only to play negative 6 minutes per game.

Somehow we still won that game when Gaborik scored but I digress

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
With Hank in net the Rangers will never be able to fully tank. It's just a fact of life.. the man is just too good. The real travesty is that we wasted his prime years with the likes of Stu Bickel, Mike Kostka and the corpse of Roman Hamrlik on defense..just to name a few gems. I'll never forgive Slats for not making a move at the deadline for a defenseman and making us use Stu Bickel as our #6D in the ECF against the Devils only to play negative 6 minutes per game.

The triple OT win against Washington was incredible, because I think Bickel logged 1:43 in that entire game, if I remember correctly.

I just remember seeing a stat in that game that he hadn't played at one point since the first period of that game and that was I think at some point in the 2nd OT period.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

When they raise the King's number to the rafters when he retires 10-20 years from now, he will reflect on his years with the butt move.

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers finally did it. Double digit ROW's. December 18. They did it against a team sucking on fumes playing their 3rd road game in 4 nights with that recently waived goaltender on his 8th NHL team.

Reactions: Nickmo82

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
This team is currently 4 points out of the worst record in the league.
Over our last 10 games we are 2-3-5 , Meaning if we didnt go to overtime so much we’d currently be at the bottom of the league.

Reactions: Winston2018

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
This team is currently 4 points out of the worst record in the league.
Over our last 10 games we are 2-3-5 , Meaning if we didnt go to overtime so much we’d currently be at the bottom of the league.

Annoying seeing the damn Devils 2nd to last... here we are trying our damndest to finally get a top 3 pick and they're doing it without batting an eyelash

Reactions: Rangers743

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
7 of our next 9 games are on the road. We are 4-10-2 on the road, with all 4 wins coming via the shootout.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I could see us shooting blanks into that January game vs. Coyotes...and so, right on cue instead of 0-5-1, we'll probably beat Nashville on Saturday night and continue winning a couple more via SO...

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lundy needs to be benched quickly!

Benched or not this team is on the verge of having the wheels fall off.

The frustration is building and reality is setting in. They’re wayyyyyy passed due for a game in which they get blown out.

Nashville’s been struggling of late, what better time for them to break out of their slump and lay a whopping on the rangers tomorrow?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Without the hot start, going 0-0-82 would have been kinda cool. We would have had the best shot at the no. 1 OA, and we could also have mused how we weren't that bad and how the future looks bright because although we ended up with the worst record in the league, we also didn't lose any games.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Usually anti tanking but watching countless loser organizations like Pitt, Toronto and Washington tank to get that franchise changing player, then win a cup or more, I'm sick of the Rangers not tanking. So, I'm all for it. It looks like with Shesty and the d-man they drafted and traded for that they have the backend built for the future. Now they need to take care of the front end. It's early but they appear to have hit homeruns with Kravtsov and Chytil. All they need now is that one franchise offensive player and a couple more first rounders that pan out and they will be setup.

Last edited:

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
The bottom will fall out soon enough. Zuc, Hayes and/or Kreisler will be moved and then the true free fall will happen.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Only like 4 points separating the top pick from one outside of the top 10.

The league is definitely divided into the haves and have-nots.

However, this is a team trending towards a top 5 pick.
if that's correct, there should be a lot of bidders out there for the Rangers sell-off.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The bottom will fall out soon enough. Zuc, Hayes and/or Kreisler will be moved and then the true free fall will happen.
Kreisler has been a complete no-show this season. I doubt there's much of a market for him/her.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Without the hot start, going 0-0-82 would have been kinda cool. We would have had the best shot at the no. 1 OA, and we could also have mused how we weren't that bad and how the future looks bright because although we ended up with the worst record in the league, we also didn't lose any games.
Haha...82 points would be an improvement over last season and have the Rangers around the 11OA pick.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad