A partner for Morgan Rielly.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don´t think that´s an idea that crosses anyone within the Leafs frontoffice.
Our defensive woes are well known, and letting go of one of our 2 best blue liners would be, to me, a huge mistake.
Morgan Rielly is a stapple in our blue line and we need to give him a shutdown linemate, so that he can thrive and make us better on the ice.
I concur. We have an amazing offensive dman with outstanding speed. We have never given him da right partner yet. Put Savard with him and you will see his greatness excel. Let's hope we don't have Dermy there at this point in his development. I would put Dermy with Muzzy for a couple years first. Drop Holl to 3rd pair where he can be more effective. And he can help out Sandin a bit.

Reactions: meefer

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Rielly was at his best with Ron Hainsey handling defensive duties.

Tanev/DeMelo is a low risk combo imo.

Could get the pair for 7.5M total and keep Dermott.

Rielly - Tanev

Muzzin - DeMelo

Dermott/Lehtonen - Holl

Dermott/Lehtonen

Depth, Sandin and Liljegren call ups if injury. DeMelo easily movable if Liljegren makes the next step.
Ideal imo but who are you exposing in expansion draft? Demelo?

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I concur. We have an amazing offensive dman with outstanding speed. We have never given him da right partner yet. Put Savard with him and you will see his greatness excel. Let's hope we don't have Dermy there at this point in his development. I would put Dermy with Muzzy for a couple years first. Drop Holl to 3rd pair where he can be more effective. And he can help out Sandin a bit.

I like Dermott, but to a degree your view is spot on. We drafted Morgan in 2012, and we are still looking for a competent, quality partner for our best defenseman. Outrageous.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
That is a year away. The answer might be easier then (see Barrie and Ceci). Hopefully Lily would be ready to step in.
I'd be okay with a combo of 2/3 Demelo Tanev or Gudas depending on cost.

Honestly fine with AP too... Demelo and Tanev vs Pietrangelo and Holl. Holl can be fine with Muzzin as long as Sandin/Liljegren/Lehtonen are solid

As long as the defence finally gets addressed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad