News Article: A message from Glen Sather and Jeff Gorton

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Yes because the organization is going to send a letter to the fans acknowledging big changes are coming, potentially discouraging season ticket holders, discouraging casual fans from buying tickets/merchandise/watching on tv, all while acknowledging to the NHL that they are open for business and no one is untouchable, all because they aren't going to do it.

Give me a break.

Break given.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Crazy stuff. So much for the "this team will never rebuild" talk, huh? Glad they came out and put it all on the table and aren't going to half ass it.

I still expect AV to be gone. It sounds like Gorton wants a culture change, and I think carrying the coach over is going to be a roadblock for that. I think he realizes firing the coach now does nothing but potentially spark the team to win a few more games, and he understands the importance of having a high lottery pick to kick off the rebuild.

It'll be interesting to see how Hank handles it. Saying he wants to stay along for the ride is awesome, but it's another thing to do it. You could see his face last night. Can he put up with another 30 games of this? Can he put up with a full season of it? The guy is one of the fiercest competitors I've ever seen on the ice. It's going to be a rough ride for him, but I do hope he sticks it out.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Trade deadline is weeks away so that's likely why we don't have it by now. Teams are biding their position. I think you're either undervaluing Grabner or over valuing a 1st round pick or undervaluing how desperate GMs are to get better for a playoff run.
I just have my doubts on a guy that vanished for a few seasons and then POOF...big goal scorer again . He had 9 goals in 80 games in TO. Which guy is my first rounder fetching ?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I respectfully disagree and I dont think its even close.

I dont have the numbers but you see alot more Zucc jerseys than Nash at MSG.

Ding ding. At MSG.

I sincerely doubt Non-Ranger fans prefer Zucc over Nash.

I’m not really sure what the debate it.

I like Zucc over Nash by the way.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If McDonagh goes and Zucc stays then Zucc is the next Captain.

If both are traded then I think we go into next season without a Captain, like the start of the Jagr era - then I believe Kreider would get it the following season.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
You think Zucc puts more casual playoff asses in the seats than the epitome of hype on skates Mr. Ricky McLaren Nash?

Word?
Zucc has been the lead point scorer 3 out of the past 4 years, and won multiple Steven McDonald awards (literally a fan vote).

I know you hate the guy, but this is just silly.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

If both are traded then I think we go into next season without a Captain, like the start of the Jagr era - then I believe Kreider would get it the following season.

This is actually really interesting. The entire current leadership is on the trade block. I don't see any obvious faces to simply take over.

Ziba might get an A, or Kreider. Either combo of Nash or Zucc will get the C if McDonagh gets traded. If McDonagh and Zucc is traded, Nash is the captain. If all 3 goes.. Staal?

The only real leader we have left if all 3 go, is Hank.

Honestly I can see a situation where Fast ends up with an A. Voted teammate of the year by his own teammates. I think an A on Fast would be well received.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
This is actually really interesting. The entire current leadership is on the trade block. I don't see any obvious faces to simply take over.

Ziba might get an A, or Kreider. Either combo of Nash or Zucc will get the C if McDonagh gets traded. If McDonagh and Zucc is traded, Nash is the captain. If all 3 goes.. Staal?

The only real leader we have left if all 3 go, is Hank.

Honestly I can see a situation where Fast ends up with an A. Voted teammate of the year by his own teammates. I think an A on Fast would be well received.
Kreider (A), Staal (A), Shattenkirk or Fast (A)

Reactions: leetch99

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Zucc has been the lead point scorer 3 out of the past 4 years, and won multiple Steven McDonald awards (literally a fan vote).

I know you hate the guy, but this is just silly.

I thought the narrative was I hated Rick Nash.

Listen fellas...

I like Zucc a lot , but the NHL is also a business, and if you can't see that Rick Nash carries more star power and think non-Ranger fans is a the Pacific give a flying f*** about the Extra-Effort award, I'm not sure which part of the Muti-verse y'all are living in.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

If McD goes and Zucc stays it doesn’t mean he doesn’t get moved at next TDL when he’s an expiring UFA. He is highly unlikely to be extended. Would we give him the C for 76% of one season?

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I'd go with all As until Andersson is ready for a C. Hank is the real captain anyway.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Pretty sure that if Zucc and Mac are moved, the next captain is either Lundqvist or Marc Staal.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Narratives usually spin the truth, rather than portray it perfectly. :)

I also was told "I Love AV" because people couldn't seem to identify the team was becoming a stinking ball of shit.

But he's saying I hate Zucc because I said Nash would be more enticing for a team trying to fill at the very last first round seats.

And I don't hate Rick Nash. I don't know Rick Nash.

Why are you guys so sensitive?

And on HF boards, Narratives can and still exist without even the most remote hold of reality.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I also was told "I Love AV" because people couldn't seem to identify the team was becoming a stinking ball of ****.

But he's saying I hate Zucc because I said Nash would be more enticing for a team trying to fill at the very last first round seats.

And I don't hate Rick Nash. I don't know Rick Nash.

Why are you guys so sensitive?

I thought the smile made it clear I was joking...

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I thought the narrative was I hated Rick Nash.

Listen fellas...

I like Zucc a lot , but the NHL is also a business, and if you can't see that Rick Nash carries more star power and think non-Ranger fans is a the Pacific give a flying **** about the Extra-Effort award, I'm not sure which part of the Muti-verse y'all are living in.

Rick Nash hasn't been a star in the NHL for a few years. He's been a Rangers forward who's done some good things now and then. But your statement was that Nash sells more tickets. The number of Zucc jerseys sold, and fan votes, says that has no correlation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad