News Article: A message from Glen Sather and Jeff Gorton

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Speaking as a Hab fan, I can only say that I wish my organization had the same transparency and willingness to look at long term success.

I won't comment on the GM or his abilities but I'd be applauding this if it came from our organization. At least the Rangers acknowledge the reality and seemingly have a plan.

Meanwhile in Bergevin world...

Your team's fans are way too timid and nonchalant in voicing their dissent toward the state of the team.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
To be fair how are people supposed to chant “Nash”? Bruins fans do the same thing with Tuukka Rask, it’s just because it rolls off the tongue.
How do you chant for a guy named Henrik? People figure it out when the player inspires them.

I like Nash but I don’t think it’s even debatable that he excites or draws fans more than Zucc

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
How do you chant for a guy named Henrik? People figure it out when the player inspires them.

I like Nash but I don’t think it’s even debatable that he excites or draws fans more than Zucc
Henrik is two syllables tho. You’re right though that Zucc is one of the fan favorites though.

Reactions: haveandare

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I'd like everyone to zero in on one word in the open letter: "character"

I think stating that publicly is a huge indictment on the "vanilla-ness" and lack of fight of the team.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Speaking as a Hab fan, I can only say that I wish my organization had the same transparency and willingness to look at long term success.

I won't comment on the GM or his abilities but I'd be applauding this if it came from our organization. At least the Rangers acknowledge the reality and seemingly have a plan.

Meanwhile in Bergevin world...

It's all talk for now though. Many here have been clamoring for this for awhile, and those if is who have been around long enough DEFINITELY wanted this in the early 2000s. I'll believe it when I see it.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's all talk for now though. Many here have been clamoring for this for awhile, and those if is who have been around long enough DEFINITELY wanted this in the early 2000s. I'll believe it when I see it.

It's all talk, but the team can't realistically not do anything after issuing this.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
At least there's recognition and acknowledgement of the problems.

As I said, I won't comment on the GM or how likely he is to actually execute but I love the message.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yes because the organization is going to send a letter to the fans acknowledging big changes are coming, potentially discouraging season ticket holders, discouraging casual fans from buying tickets/merchandise/watching on tv, all while acknowledging to the NHL that they are open for business and no one is untouchable, all because they aren't going to do it.

Give me a break.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Teams hot in pursuit of a cup is more than willing to give up a 20th-29th OA pick for Grabner. His PK prowess is enough to win over many coaches. Then there's the goal scoring and overall speed factor. Dreger or someone said a 1st is likely the price for Grabner but I am optimistically hoping he gets slightly more than that. Not a jackpot but maybe an extra pick.
I think most teams that close to a Cup already have their own Grabners already in place .
Teams hot in pursuit of a cup is more than willing to give up a 20th-29th OA pick for Grabner. His PK prowess is enough to win over many coaches. Then there's the goal scoring and overall speed factor. Dreger or someone said a 1st is likely the price for Grabner but I am optimistically hoping he gets slightly more than that. Not a jackpot but maybe an extra pick.
Dreger said it was the "likely the price" ...that does not mean it will be the end price. If he was worth a first as many have thought....then why don't we have it by now ??? Surely it is not his cap holding up a deal ? I seriously have my doubts that there is a line up of GM's offering up a first for him be it even being the last one in the round . Sure...I hope I am wrong...but I just don't see us getting a first for his rental services only. Dreger and the rest of the TSN crew have everybody so overhyped...it is ridiculous !!! They will say almost ANYTHING to try and hype up TSN #'s for Trade day which has been a bust for the last couple of years .

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
I liked the letter, rarely do you see management this open with their fans.

As long as AV isn’t part of it, I see a promising future.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

The Rangers brass has talked with Lundqvist about what they planning to do. He is on board. Same thing he told Brooks.

Gorton and Sather spoke to the players today and told them that's is going on.

Many AHL players will get a look in the last 25 games. The Rangers will need these players to fill out the roster.

The Rangers are preaching the choir. It's time. Time for a new era. The Rangers haven't won doing it the "Rangers way". 1 Cup in 78 years. 4 Cups in the history of the franchise is pathetic. Chart a new course. It won't be easy but it's necessary. No short cuts.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It has been so long since we had character here....people have forgotten what it actually is . It certainly is one of the biggest needs for a club to succeed in clinching that 16th win needed for Lord Stanley .

I want to attribute a lot of the lack of those character guys to AV wanting specific skill guys that just blindly follow orders...

I could just be playing the narrative here, but judging what I've been reading about his coaching tactics, I don't think this is far fetched either

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'd like everyone to zero in on one word in the open letter: "character"

I think stating that publicly is a huge indictment on the "vanilla-ness" and lack of fight of the team.

Which, again, is on the coach and his f***ing need for perfection on the roster. AV and his god damned "rotations" and "in game matchups". He needs to go suck on private parts

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I think most teams that close to a Cup already have their own Grabners already in place .

Dreger said it was the "likely the price" ...that does not mean it will be the end price. If he was worth a first as many have thought....then why don't we have it by now ??? Surely it is not his cap holding up a deal ? I seriously have my doubts that there is a line up of GM's offering up a first for him be it even being the last one in the round . Sure...I hope I am wrong...but I just don't see us getting a first for his rental services only. Dreger and the rest of the TSN crew have everybody so overhyped...it is ridiculous !!! They will say almost ANYTHING to try and hype up TSN #'s for Trade day which has been a bust for the last couple of years .

Trade deadline is weeks away so that's likely why we don't have it by now. Teams are biding their position. I think you're either undervaluing Grabner or over valuing a 1st round pick or undervaluing how desperate GMs are to get better for a playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad