News Article: A message from Glen Sather and Jeff Gorton

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Are you the one who punishes babies? Or are you an infant version of The Punisher? Sorry. This question enters my mind ever time I see your comment. :)

I've never thought of this , and now I can't stop thinking about it.

I need to know now!

Perhaps, he is the son of former hip hop star, Big Pun.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If they wanted to include him they would have. If I were in AVs shoes I’d wonder why I wasn’t recognized as part of the decision making process. There are many coaches who’d have been included.
Can you provide an example of when a coach has been included in a signed statement from the front office about the direction and future of the organization like that?

Edit: To be clear, I do not doubt that coaches routinely provide input on what players they like, they don't like, want traded, want sent down, etc. However, a coach does not hold any actual, written down power to make a trade, or waive a player, or send a player down, or sign a free agent, or make a draft selection.

So, while a coach, like AV, may [and likely does] have input - he does not have the power/real authority to do himself. Whereas Sather and Gorton as President and GM do. If Gorton got a trade offer, and felt he needed to act immediately, he has the vested power to do so without needing to actually consult anyone else - he has the power/ability to bind the organization to a move like that. A coach does not. It is a contract thing.

It would inappropriate for a coach to sign off on a letter like this as if he has the same ability and capacity as a GM or President when it comes to final say decisions for the organization.

AV could have said on his own that he is entirely in agreement with that. Or Gorton and Sather could have said so in the press conference. Or the idea that the coaching staff backs the decision to move forward in this fashion could have been written into the fan letter; but, none of those things happened.

Anyway, hope that clears that up. You can have a different opinion, but this is mine.

Last edited:

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I want us to get 3 first round picks, 2 top prospects and about 3 mid level prospects and about 1 or 2 second round picks out of this entire firesale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The letter was reverse psychology

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad