A defense first rebuild keeps salaries down

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Seems to me like the stats support the fact that the Hawks' cups were built off of predominantly offensive teams, not defense first teams as you suggest.

No one remembers so they go to NHL.com to disprove my challenge. No one watches the Blackhawks because they are Leaf fans and can just go to NHL.com. to say anything. Hossa's career as a player, Bolland's shutdown ability, Toews' Selke trophy means nothing, and Anti Nemmi playing in net means nothing, etc. No just "Their GF tells me that they were the middle of the pack." That no one ever wins the cup with defensive play.

Annnnnnd it just so happens that the Leafs have fire power and a weak defense.

They haven't ******* won anything, but this is the new NHL and Dubas is breaking new ground here.

Give me a break!

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Nashville's a great team, do you retract your sarcasm if they win the cup this season?

The cap hits for their Dmen are:
9M
4M
3.75M
2.5M
1.25M
.675M
.675M
.65M

So not sure where you're getting your 30M on the blue line figure but I'd review your sources.

Nashville also has plenty of cap room, almost 8M to be precise.

They’re currently at $22M and those are current year look at the cap situation for them next year when Ellis’ new contract kicks in.

Roman Josi is also being paid $4M but it UFA in 2 years. They’re not going to be able to keep that dominant group together under $30M.

If they win a cup I’ll retract my sarcasm. But if the Leafs win a cup will you be as eager to raise the white flag?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They’re currently at $22M and those are current year look at the cap situation for them next year when Ellis’ new contract kicks in.

Roman Josi is also being paid $4M but it UFA in 2 years. They’re not going to be able to keep that dominant group together under $30M.

If they win a cup I’ll retract my sarcasm. But if the Leafs win a cup will you be as eager to raise the white flag?

Every team has cap issues in the years to come.

What white flag?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad