OT: 93rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Petr Nedved is a + Performer

The executioner approaches. The Stone King smells our abominable candy and is intrigued.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I've always had It's Always Sunny in the back of my mind as a series I wanted to get into.

I'm flabbergasted at its longevity and how it's been renewed for several more years.

Has the show translated into any particular fallout for Philly?

The first several seasons might be th strongest from any sitcom.

There are episodes where they run three storylines at once and each storyline would be a GOAT episode for any other show, and this went on for numerous episodes in a row.

It is the role Danny Devito was born for. Millions of years of evolution polished humanity to produce Danny Devito exactly at the moment he was needed most. Once he appears, a great show becomes elite.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The first several seasons might be th strongest from any sitcom.

There are episodes where they run three storylines at once and each storyline would be a GOAT episode for any other show, and this went on for numerous episodes in a row.

It is the role Danny Devito was born for. Millions of years of evolution polished humanity to produce Danny Devito exactly at the moment he was needed most. Once he appears, a great show becomes elite.

All of that is true, for the most part, but the last several seasons have been ... WOOF.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Just finished the first episode of "Chernobyl." It's as terrifying as expected.

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that Anatoly Dyatlov has been named Executive Vice President and General Manager of the hockey team. The multi-year agreement appoints Dyatlov as the tenth General Manager in franchise history, and immediately places him as the day-to-day leader of the club's NHL and minor league hockey operations. The announcement was made by Flyers Senior Advisor Paul Holmgren and Dave Scott, Chairman and CEO of Comcast Spectacor and Governor of the Philadelphia Flyers.

Dyatlov joins the Flyers with an impressive record of success while at several CCCP nuclear plants, including 13 years as Deputy Chief Engineer of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant.

chernobyl-anatoly-dyatlov.gif

AcrobaticHomelyAztecant-size_restricted.gif

@kudymen loves a good Dyatlov meme

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Chernobyl is one of the most fascinating things.

There is this hilarious compilation of how Czechoslovak state media reported the accident (well, "accident" during the first I would say 10 days of the "coverage" or lack thereof). Not much use in watching the whole thing for a non-Czech speaker, but this bit starting at 3:36 is briliant.

They show a picture of literally half the plant gone and the guy says: "We are about to show you a picture taken by one of the Chernobyl power plant workers shortly after the accident. As you can see yourself, NO enormous damage or vast fires - as storied by various western media agencies - can be seen. Just like there are no thousands of victims. Yes, inhabitants of the closest villages have been evacuated. Despite the level of radioactivity decreased over the past 24 hours, it is still above the standard levels."
...and then again the same pic with half the building gone at 4:14 "The accident has happened. But blowing it out of proportions like some bourjois media agencies do with their spouting of nonsensical messages is hardly the right thing to do."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

upload_2021-12-10_0-16-44.png

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Chernobyl is fantastic. I actually watched it in one sitting after work one day. Wasn't planning on watching more than the first episode, but it was so enthralling I couldn't turn it off. No spoilers, but episode 4 in particular was rough to watch.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You should do a deep dive on some of the shit people went through and did. The whole thing is batshit.

The show touches on a lot of batshittery, but really doesn't dive in as much as it could.

The final episode is brilliant.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Recently read Mongol Moon, really enjoyed it. Im not sure how to sum it up without giving any plot points away but if you like military thrillers, give it a look. He’s giving all profits in December to charityView attachment 489322

Do any of the profits go to The Society to Teach Imbeciles How to Post Photos and Text at the Same Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad