OT: 93rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Petr Nedved is a + Performer

The executioner approaches. The Stone King smells our abominable candy and is intrigued.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Makes sense. I mean those university Presidents have to deal with donors and parties which are definitely on the same level as running into burning buildings to try to save people from fires, or being shot at, or exposed to dangerous chemicals or elements while working half the day.

Must be a real chore turning down sexual favours and donations. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wish David Muir wasn't needed to do his Made in America segment.

Whenever something is made in the US, the quality and workmanship is usually exceptional. Why can't more manufacturing happen in the US?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've always had It's Always Sunny in the back of my mind as a series I wanted to get into.

I'm flabbergasted at its longevity and how it's been renewed for several more years.

Has the show translated into any particular fallout for Philly?

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I've always had It's Always Sunny in the back of my mind as a series I wanted to get into.

I'm flabbergasted at its longevity and how it's been renewed for several more years.

Has the show translated into any particular fallout for Philly?
It’s one of the top cable television series’ of all time. Probably at the top for me but I am admittedly biased.

Fallout for Philly meaning?

Reactions: Runner77

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I wish David Muir wasn't needed to do his Made in America segment.

Whenever something is made in the US, the quality and workmanship is usually exceptional. Why can't more manufacturing happen in the US?

We have more safety protocols and “honest” practices here than elsewhere. That brings costs up. Other places use child or slave labor and that lowers their overhead.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It’s one of the top cable television series’ of all time. Probably at the top for me but I am admittedly biased.

Fallout for Philly meaning?

Publicity, maybe fan-tourists to the city looking for filming locations, economic benefit of some kind?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We have more safety protocols and “honest” practices here than elsewhere. That brings costs up. Other places use child or slave labor and that lowers their overhead.

Don’t advanced robotics level the playing field somewhat in certain sectors?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Publicity, maybe fan-tourists to the city looking for filming locations, economic benefit of some kind?
Rob and Kaitlin bought a bar in the city. That’s honestly really it from what I can tell. A lot of the stuff isn’t filmed in Philadelphia really. They do some on site shooting but not all that much overall. Paddy’s is in California.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ron and Kaitlin bought a bar in the city. That’s honestly really it from what I can tell. A lot of the stuff isn’t filmed in Philadelphia really. They do some on site shooting but not all that much overall. Paddy’s is in California.

That’s really too bad. Sad that it’s not more connected to the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad