Player Discussion #90 - Jason Spezza

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
This is the first time I come here since the trade. I was hoping to see how D-Stars fans like Spezza. Instead I see the usual suspects still trying to voice their dislike of the guy. Get over it for *&^% sakes, he's gone from your team. I suggest people from this board just use the handy block user feature because it will never stop

Anyway wish he was still a Sen. Haven't had a chance to watch a game yet but hope he's fitting in.

gingersnap

Jun 15, 2014
Great White North
Sounds like you don't like Karlsson. What a great senator fan you are. :handclap:

Anyways... I don't think anybody in ottawa really cares about what Spezza is doing in Dallas since Ottawa is doing so well this season without him. Trading Spezza was clearly the right move for Ottawa.

To the Dallas fans. Enjoy him.
Sorry Dallas fans, but this poster just got my goat and I feel compelled to reply to him.

First off, I care how Jason is doing in Dallas, he was too good for Ottawa and the way the fans treated him. He was not appreciated for what he brought to the table.

He's a number one center, which we don't really have now . . . Turris is okay but he needs to be protected and there's no number 2 center to protect him. You can hardly call Zibby a number 2 center. So who else? Legwand? Smith? Nope!!! At least with Jason we had a decent 1-2 punch at center. Now we have nothing.

And how good the Sens are doing this season? Yeah, we just lost 3 in a row and if it wasn't for Andy we would have lost more. We desperately need another one or two good forwards and defensemen if we plan on going anywhere . . . and we trade away a point a game Number One Center. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Enjoy him Dallas fans . . . maybe Ottawa will wake up one day and understand what they lost when they traded him. But I doubt it. :shakehead

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
We will continue to endure, tough as it is.

Maybe you guys should have a "Spezza is gone" thread and discuss your family issues over there.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
lol, just passing by to see general opinions on Spezza, and this thread is over populated with sens fans.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
He was seriously undervalued by sens fans, to a point where you feel bad for the guy, and wish every body in your fan based started cheering for the leafs because thats their IQ level when they want to get rid of a PPG centremen because of PLUS MINUS.

I am still bitter at Spezza though for asking for the C and then Asking for a trade a year later.

If he plays between Benn and Seguin all season he should bank 90pts

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Once he signs im all on board for a tank for McDavid if we botch this homestand, biggest fear was Spezza not wanting to resign with the mess the team has been lately

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Once he signs im all on board for a tank for McDavid if we botch this homestand, biggest fear was Spezza not wanting to resign with the mess the team has been lately

That has been a big fear of mine too...the potential of losing Spezza, who I really like. Imagine if he had a real line to work with! Instead he's got an injured Nichushkin and a hopelessly slump-mired Hemsky.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That has been a big fear of mine too...the potential of losing Spezza, who I really like. Imagine if he had a real line to work with! Instead he's got an injured Nichushkin and a hopelessly slump-mired Hemsky.

You'd also have to take into account the next few years if he does sign, our top 6 goes from a little more than

Benn, Seguin, Spezza, Hemsky, Nichushkin, Cole

and adds Ritchie, Dickinson, Ully, Shore, McKenzie

and, best of all, subtracts Cole

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan

I was thinking of that too.

He sounds so disappointed in interviews as of late...lol

I'm pretty sure he's trying to be cautious with where the team is heading. He wants the Cup, and if this team is going to the same direction as the Sens, than he's probably leaving.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Spezza's performance

With a quarter of the season now in the books, what is the verdict on Spezza? Producing points but seems like he has been inconsistent and not playing alot of minutes. Is he now a true 2nd line player?

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
With a quarter of the season now in the books, what is the verdict on Spezza? Producing points but seems like he has been inconsistent and not playing alot of minutes. Is he now a true 2nd line player?

He's played with a crap load of crappy players for about 3/4ths of the season.

He's made mistakes here and there but who hasn't on this awful team.

He's been as good as I expected. Glad we have him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad