Player Discussion #90 - Jason Spezza

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Well you'd add Chiasson, Eriksson, Smith and Fraser to that, but yeah, still sucks.

Cole-Benn-Eriksson
Smith-Eakin-Nichushkin
Chiasson-Fiddler-Hemsky
Roussel-Horcoff-Garbutt

Sceviour/McKenzie/Fraser

I still might take that offense over Nashville's, Granted their D is miles better.

Uh, move Cole down and Hemsky or Chiasson into the top six. Though I would be interested in that 4th line. Reminds me of the old days and Carbo being paired with speedy wings.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
Don't bother...he likes to cherry pick any kind of stats to try and make Spezza look worse.

Just like mentioned above when we went to the playoffs with Spezza (and Karlsson lol) injured everyone said we were a better team without him but ignored that we had an historic level of goaltending in that shortened season that was never sustainable. So we started getting lit up last season because our goaltending went from unsustainably awesome to below average and it all became Spezza's fault (even though there were other players more responsible for goals against). Thus, we are a better team without him (ignoring that two years ago he pretty much carried the team to the playoffs and won Karlsson the Norris...seriously, watch a highlight video of Karlsson's norris season and you'll see that even though it's about Karlsson he's not the star of the vid).

With that said like any great offensive star you still need to have him insulated with other good players, and players that can shoulder the defensive load. From Spezza you'll get great faceoffs, a potent powerplay and a lot of scoring chances.

Lol... spezza won karlsson's norris.:handclap:

Cant take you seriously. What trophy other than karlsson's norris does spezza have. Did he buy karlsson's silver medal on ebay?

Cujomi. You make me laugh.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Lol... spezza won karlsson's norris.:handclap:

Cant take you seriously. What trophy other than karlsson's norris does spezza have. Did he buy karlsson's silver medal on ebay?

Cujomi. You make me laugh.

He may not have "won" Karlsson's Norris, but you can't deny that he had huge effect on Karlsson's offensive breakout.

Spezza also had Hart Trophy voting that year. Both players benifited from playing with each other.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yes, the 1-0-4 record at home certainly is indicative of that. Does that record remind you of any team last year which Spezza played on?

Wait. What?

I see some of the karlsson defenders from last night (scored three goals for the bruins) have come to this board to make themselves feel a little better.
Go spez. Go karlsson

Blaming Spezza for the team's horrid home start would be.....foolish. :shakehead

Why? You have a bad record at home. And you employ jason spezza. Makes perfect sense. Doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

starsfan4ever

May 21, 2008
Since being named to the Canadian team, gold medalist Jamie Benn has led the Stars to 0 playoff series wins. The connection is obvious.

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
Since being named to the Canadian team, gold medalist Jamie Benn has led the Stars to 0 playoff series wins. The connection is obvious.

Roussel^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Garbutt, Lucic and Perry all touched a Cup in the first round, and all failed to win it. The connection is clear.

Last edited:

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
May sound very ignorant, but for those who are having hard time with posts from Spezza fans should not read it.

Why would you bother typing about things that you find annoying? If you don't like it, than don't read it.

This whole "go home" BS doesn't make any sense at all, because Spezza is a Stars, not a Senators.

MetalGodAOD*

May sound very ignorant, but for those who are having hard time with posts from Spezza fans should not read it.

Why would you bother typing about things that you find annoying? If you don't like it, than don't read it.

This whole "go home" BS doesn't make any sense at all, because Spezza is a Stars, not a Senators.

What?

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan

I'm saying to those that have distaste towards posts made by some Spezza fans.

This is a "Spezza discussion" thread. Anyone should be freely be able to post about Spezza, whether they are Sens fan or not.

If you don't like it, than don't read it. May sound rude, but that's all I'm saying.

MetalGodAOD*

I'm saying to those that have distaste towards posts made by some Spezza fans.

This is a "Spezza discussion" thread. Anyone should be freely be able to post about Spezza, whether they are Sens fan or not.

If you don't like it, than don't read it. May sound rude, but that's all I'm saying.

And where are you seeing that?

The only criticism has been towards people coming in and repeating the same scouting reports a month into the season we heard all summer, and those coming into to gloat about his +-.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
And where are you seeing that?

The only criticism has been towards people coming in and repeating the same scouting reports a month into the season we heard all summer, and those coming into to gloat about his +-.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some posts recently that has the nuance of "go home".

It may be what you're saying...could have misread some posts (if that's the case, I'm sorry).
But it sounded to me as if some users here wanted to kick off some of the Spezza fans posting on this thread, which irked me a bit.

MetalGodAOD*

I'm probably the most outspoken against it and I don't want guys like you gone. I want the trolls who come in here and post about his plus/minus to leave, and the ones who come and repeat the same things without reading the thread.

In my eyes you're more than welcome here because you're actually rooting for his success and not trying to schadenfreude.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
I'm probably the most outspoken against it and I don't want guys like you gone. I want the trolls who come in here and post about his plus/minus to leave, and the ones who come and repeat the same things without reading the thread.

In my eyes you're more than welcome here because you're actually rooting for his success and not trying to schadenfreude.

Not trying to hurt anyone here. Was just talking to those that were making comments that I personally found iffy.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

Not trying to hurt anyone here. Was just talking to those that were making comments that I personally found iffy.

Try quoting the ones you find distasteful and let those people respond. I check this thread pretty regularly and I haven't seen any Stars fans say anything about Spezza fans needing to leave our board.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
95% of the Sens fans that are coming here are here to wish Jason Spezza well with his new franchise. On behalf of us, we apologize for the seemingly pathetic Karlsson boosters who, embarrassingly and confusingly, feel the need to put Spezza down to make Karlsson look better. Most of the people on our board have already identified them as "Karlsson fans" not Sens fans.

I hope he re-signs in Dallas. He seems like a good fit for your team and Spezza has never been a "Show me the money" guy. He wants to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad