Sec 314 - Richardson
He..is here.

BxGxTNmCIAATu9S.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Sens fan here

He's awesome as long as his back is fine. When he's less than 100% he cuts corners defensively and can be a liability

Still a huge fan of his and will miss him

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
get that highlight reel ready. one of the best hockey players i have ever seen. now in green

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
You guys will love spezza if he's 100%, he's a ppg player. Spezza is very good on the pp, he can pass, score and will get you off your seat with his play making ability.

When I look at Dallas down the middle its pretty scary. You have Seguin/Benn on one line and Spezza/Hemsky on the other. if I'm the coach on the opposing team I'm telling my team to step up the defence here and my goaltending better be ready. Dallas should score a lot of goals this year.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Last night was his best game so far, he's been getting better as the preseason goes along. He's faster and moves better than I was familiar with/expected. He's showed off his shot and also his unreal ability to catch and deliver hard, precise passes which is going to be important playing on the PP with Seguin and Benn.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
How's he look in preseason....We miss him already in Ottawa.

He's been very good. Last night he had a goal and two assists and he's looked good in every game he's played for us so far. Currently he has 5 points in 3 games with a lot more great chances and great plays that he's set up. He's continued to have the same great chemistry with Hemsky that he had last season. We had Spezza Hemsky Seguin and Benn together on the powerplay for the first time last night and it was amazing. Our powerplay was really bad last year so Spezza is exactly what we needed. It's still early but he's been one of our best players in the pre-season and maybe even the best. I really think he needed a change and the trade has been good for him. And for Ottawa it might not be an immediate replacement but I think Chiasson and Paul will be great players for you.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Spezza will have a monster season if Cole can figure out a way to consistently turn those passes in to scoring chances. Last night I can't recall a clean puck he put on net. No one is expecting him to score every time, but goodness it can't be a mishandled floater on net the majority of the time.

I don't know if its a confidence issue or what. The rest of his game last night was very good. He was hot or cold last year with the puck on his stick too though.

LeBrun was predicting around 70 points or more from him. Cole needs to help him at ES to probably accomplish that.

I'm disappointed they haven't tried Ritchie at LW yet. Benn and Seguin have both talked about enjoying Nuke on their line. I think that honestly is a group of three that really enjoy one another.

It would be interesting to see if Ritchie could handle a switch eventually. Play him with Spezza and Hemsky.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I wouldn't worry about Cole negatively effecting Spezza's numbers too much. Either he'll defy the odds and remember how to finish or he'll be replaced quickly by one of the younger options. I think we would've already seen Sceviour there by now if he'd been healthy to start camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad