Player Discussion #90 - Jason Spezza

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
95% of the Sens fans that are coming here are here to wish Jason Spezza well with his new franchise. On behalf of us, we apologize for the seemingly pathetic Karlsson boosters who, embarrassingly and confusingly, feel the need to put Spezza down to make Karlsson look better. Most of the people on our board have already identified them as "Karlsson fans" not Sens fans.

I hope he re-signs in Dallas. He seems like a good fit for your team and Spezza has never been a "Show me the money" guy. He wants to win.

He has done wonders for the Stars defensive game as well. Honestly, watching the Dallas games this year is basically watching the Sens from last season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He has done wonders for the Stars defensive game as well. Honestly, watching the Dallas games this year is basically watching the Sens from last season.

I'm going to guess you've watched a grand total of 0 Dallas games.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
I'm going to guess you've watched a grand total of 0 Dallas games.

I even watched two preseason Dallas games. Spezza only looks good when he is joined with two of the best players in the league; in which case he is being carried. Shots on goal, Benn 9, Seguin 10, Spezza...3.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I even watched two preseason Dallas games. Spezza only looks good when he is joined with two of the best players in the league; in which case he is being carried. Shots on goal, Benn 9, Seguin 10, Spezza...3.

Spezza has been a career set up man...

You know, like in 2005-2006 where he put up 71 assists?

And he's playing with two snipers?

1/10, no effort trolling right here guys.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

Carried to more points than any player on the Sens has right now :sarcasm:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Question: why do you care so much about Spezza's perceived defensive lapses? He's not even on the Senators anymore. Does it make you feel better about trading him...?

Dallas fans enjoy what he brings to the table and I'm pretty sure they don't give a rat's booty what you think about him. And you harping about his defense isn't going to change their minds. You're like a jilted ex the way you're needlessly harping on him.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Question: why do you care so much about Spezza's perceived defensive lapses? He's not even on the Senators anymore. Does it make you feel better about trading him...?

Dallas fans enjoy what he brings to the table and I'm pretty sure they don't give a rat's booty what you think about him. And you harping about his defense isn't going to change their minds. You're like a jilted ex the way you're needlessly harping on him.

LOVE your username.

Brand New Stars

This site should seriously have a setting where you choose your favorite team, then can't venture out into any other teams board.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
No, people should just have more sense and decency. I've gone to other boards to ask about certain players in the past and gotten some great information. Some people just don't know how to conduct themselves.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
This site should seriously have a setting where you choose your favorite team, then can't venture out into any other teams board.

What?

Are you saying that only one user should be allowed to go on one team board???

It's comments like these I find SOME of the people in here are so narrow minded.
Can't people understand that there are fans out there that likes multiple teams...:facepalm:

I get what most people in here dislike about (people saying the same thing about Spezza over and over again or just dumb comments regarding how Spezza was "bad" in Ottawa). As much as I do to, there are other sens fans/Spezza fans that doesn't post comments like these.

BTW, I just read one of the user asking me to reference the posts that I disliked. I'm not going to reference every single one of them. Its basically a post that has this nuance of "go home".

Brand New Stars

No, people should just have more sense and decency. I've gone to other boards to ask about certain players in the past and gotten some great information. Some people just don't know how to conduct themselves.

95% of people have neither of those qualities. Sucks for the 5% that do, but the 95% ruin it for everyone.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
You guys are crazy. Some people aren't even fans of a certain team and are more "NHL fans" or hockey fans who follow a few teams. Mods are here to keep the trolling stuff in check. The rest is up to the community to self-regulate. There is an ignore button for those lame ***** who gloat and whatnot on your own board.

Think about it this way. If there weren't free movement on this forum I wouldn't know to dislike Boston with the gusto which I gained from some of those posters who came over here last year.

Brand New Stars

So you consider hating a certain team because of the fans here a positive thing? That's a bit strange.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Tongue in cheek comment. Point being, keep the powers that be to a minimum and let the people self-regulate as much as possible. Personally, I think what you guys are recommending is beyond ridiculous. The fact that it's being semi-seriously discussed in this thread is a laugh.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
700th point in his 700th game tonight. Congrats to Spezza and hopefully he'll want to stick around after this cluster**** of a season

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
95% of the Sens fans that are coming here are here to wish Jason Spezza well with his new franchise. On behalf of us, we apologize for the seemingly pathetic Karlsson boosters who, embarrassingly and confusingly, feel the need to put Spezza down to make Karlsson look better. Most of the people on our board have already identified them as "Karlsson fans" not Sens fans.

I hope he re-signs in Dallas. He seems like a good fit for your team and Spezza has never been a "Show me the money" guy. He wants to win.

Sounds like you don't like Karlsson. What a great senator fan you are. :handclap:

Anyways... I don't think anybody in ottawa really cares about what Spezza is doing in Dallas since Ottawa is doing so well this season without him. Trading Spezza was clearly the right move for Ottawa.

To the Dallas fans. Enjoy him.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sounds like you don't like Karlsson. What a great senator fan you are. :handclap:

Anyways... I don't think anybody in ottawa really cares about what Spezza is doing in Dallas since Ottawa is doing so well this season without him. Trading Spezza was clearly the right move for Ottawa.

To the Dallas fans. Enjoy him.

There seems to be a couple of Sens fans who care about Spezza being that some of them have been posting in this thread it seems.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

This literally gave me a sickness. Not sure which one. But it's not good.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Lol no. Watching the Sens this year is like watching the Sens last season. But that particular argument is for our board.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
You guys are crazy. Some people aren't even fans of a certain team and are more "NHL fans" or hockey fans who follow a few teams. Mods are here to keep the trolling stuff in check. The rest is up to the community to self-regulate. There is an ignore button for those lame ***** who gloat and whatnot on your own board.

Think about it this way. If there weren't free movement on this forum I wouldn't know to dislike Boston with the gusto which I gained from some of those posters who came over here last year.

THANK U...:handclap:

I don't deserve to say this since I kind of started this whole mess (in a way), but can we get back to the topic :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad