GDT: #9 | Penguins @ Rangers | 01/30 | 7:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Looking at Crosby's and Guentzel's PDO, there is definitely a surge of goals coming from them soon.

Malkin's PDO actually isn't that low, so that is kind of concerning, but he certainly has been a bit unlucky this year.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I think from the way the stars are playing, Sully’s on death watch.
They tuned him out ages ago.
All this is just waiting for a HC change.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Caps PP has been average the last couple of years. But don't worry. The Pens scooped up their mastermind coach and put him in charge of their PP now. Should reap those rewards any day now.

To be fair to Reirden, 2PP looks great and 1PP sucks mainly because the stars have their heads up their asses.

What's funny is that according to Caps fans Rierden wasn't even their PP coach. It's apparently Blaine Forsythe that controls the powerplay.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Caps PP has been average the last couple of years. But don't worry. The Pens scooped up their mastermind coach and put him in charge of their PP now. Should reap those rewards any day now.

To be fair to Reirden, 2PP looks great and 1PP sucks mainly because the stars have their heads up their asses.

I think the stars play that way because they wanna play that way no matter what the coach says.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I actually don't blame Rierden for the powerplay issues, though. If you have a dog that keeps eating its shit despite having multiple dog trainers that are supposed to train the dog to stop eating shit, I'm just going to conclude your dog is an idiot :laugh:

What I mean by this is that it's the player's fault more than anything that the powerplay is bad. That is partially not having the talent it needs on that top unit (they've failed to replace Kessel and Hornqvist on that unit) plus Malkin, Crosby and Letang are bad powerplay players due to their habit of forcing plays. Their powerplay in the past has worked due to how talented it was, especially when Kessel and Hornqvist (2 of the best guys in their roles on the powerplay in all of hockey IMO) were here in their primes.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Looking at Crosby's and Guentzel's PDO, there is definitely a surge of goals coming from them soon.

Malkin's PDO actually isn't that low, so that is kind of concerning, but he certainly has been a bit unlucky this year.

Are you looking at 5v5 because they are all well enough under one (you want to be over)

Sid and Jakes expected GF% (xGF%) are really good. The difference between Sid’s expected and actual are worlds apart though xGF 59.62% vs GF 37.50% :help:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think from the way the stars are playing, Sully’s on death watch.
They tuned him out ages ago.
All this is just waiting for a HC change.
Sully aint getting shit canned until next season probably. The interm GM wont fire him and the new GM will wanna see him in action while he evaluates the team and finds his coach.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sully aint getting shit canned until next season probably. The interm GM wont fire him and the new GM will wanna see him in action while he evaluates the team and finds his coach.

This plus there's no way ownership would green light a coaching change after Sullivan has only coached 8 games into his new contract.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Maybe the 2 Superstars do not have a power of dominating lines could be the problem and very good young defensemen....you just never know...sarcasm

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Minimum ice time set at 60 mins.

upload_2021-1-30_15-8-28.png

zlOhQGU_d.webp

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kreider will score about 5 on us, but he looked really slow in the first 2 games. I was shocked how average he looked.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah I mean I make fun of Todd Reirden and the idea that some fans were even EXCITED having him back in the fold for some reason but he has little to do with the powerplay succeeding or failing.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kreider will score about 5 on us, but he looked really slow in the first 2 games. I was shocked how average he looked.

He was probably eating borscht and not exercising all summer like Malkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad