GDT: #9 | Penguins @ Rangers | 01/30 | 7:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They always pull that shit about Genos game it seems. Sid can go an entire month of ass games and they'd never question it. Just that oh he'll snap out of it. But apparently the fact that Geno can as well never crosses their minds. Just oh why Geno why!

Now this I can certainly agree with.

I think I'm totally justified being pissed if not downright disillusioned with Geno ATM. Especially after all this "laid around all Summer" stuff. But the dude pretty obviously gets bagged on a bit harder than most in his position would or even should be.

Malkin's curious treatment and constant name in the rumor mill despite ANY actual evidence is a big reason I roll my eyes and laugh at local media.

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I thought we wanted them, "to ask the tough questions?"

Rusty didn't throw him under the bus. Though, we'd all like some comedy relief time to time.:naughty:

Like...

Rust: "Yeah! Geno, like, needs to step up his borscht ways... Mama didn't feed no fool."

Borscht...! Borscht!

Exactly the tough question is asking Sully "If Geno is trying to find his game and the powerplay is really struggling - would you think about going to a top 5 man powerplay to help win games?"

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Now this I can certainly agree with.

I think I'm totally justified being pissed if not downright disillusioned with Geno ATM. Especially after all this "laid around all Summer" stuff. But the dude pretty obviously gets bagged on a bit harder than most in his position would or even should be.

Malkin's curious treatment and constant name in the rumor mill despite ANY actual evidence is a big reason I roll my eyes and laugh at local media.
Local media has always been hot garbage. They're the teams mouth piece. Notice how they never seem to have issue with that but if you dare mention Sid it's hell to pay.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Exactly the tough question is asking Sully "If Geno is trying to find his game and the powerplay is really struggling - would you think about going to a top 5 man powerplay to help win games?"

That'll get him out the door quick...if he slated G off the top PP unit.

I'd like that question. Also, should G go to PP#2 and they dominate.... Would everyone be good to go to split up and have two #1 units?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I’m looking for Malkin to have his first real good game of the year tonight.

dbfWT6X.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Local media has always been hot garbage. They're the teams mouth piece. Notice how they never seem to have issue with that but if you dare mention Sid it's hell to pay.

Eh I don't try to knock one down to build the other one up. I have respect and admiration for both.

Frankly though if I were Crosby rn I'd be awfully frustrated with Malkin. Dude steps up and defends him last year amid all the trade rumors only for guy to come into camp this year like Robert Dome. Real nice buddy.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That'll get him out the door quick...if he slated G off the top PP unit.

I'd like that question. Also, should G go to PP#2 and they dominate.... Would everyone be good to go to split up and have two #1 units?

I mean... they've done it plenty of times before. At some point every coach here has this "genius" idea of "split units" and it's always a tire fire.

I’m looking for Malkin to have his first real good game of the year tonight.

I'd settle for a measly assist and no backbreaking moron decisions at this juncture. That 3-0 biff kinda broke me.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean... they've done it plenty of times before. At some point every coach here has this "genius" idea of "split units" and it's always a tire fire.

They haven't tried that stuff since the early MT days.

Maybe when a guys are tired, he's off at first (created/drew the PP) but they eventually join the top unit.

Look at it like when Sid was out injured. Fire...

I've always felt they left an advantage left on the cutting room floor. Over egos.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sullivan has absolutely tried it. You just don't remember because it was for like 5 games, sucked ass and made zero actual impact.

Split units is a terrible idea for a multitude of good reasons. If Malkin/Sid/whoever sucks ass then just yank his ass off there til he doesn't. Coach the team, in other words.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sullivan has absolutely tried it. You just don't remember because it was for like 5 games, sucked ass and made zero actual impact.

Split units is a terrible idea for a multitude of good reasons. If Malkin/Sid/whoever sucks ass then just yank his ass off there til he doesn't. Coach the team, in other words.

I'll take your word for it. I'm not gonna know where to even start to search that. I was just always keen on when they did it back then and it was consisted of their own line-mates which gave familiarity.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'll take your word for it. I'm not gonna know where to even start to search that. I was just always keen on when they did it back then and it was consisted of their own line-mates which gave familiarity.

Every coach has tried it here at least at some point.

The fastest way to "solve" the powerplay would be getting a legit right hander for that vacant half boards. Or uh... Todd flippin' Reirden, I guess. lol

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Powerplay...
Don’t understand why they don’t just play a R on the left side and leave Crosby and Malkin on the Right side (point and down low), instead forcing everybody to random locations.

You never see Ovechkin play the right side and Caps PP does fine.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Powerplay...
Don’t understand why they don’t just play a R on the left side and leave Crosby and Malkin on the Right side (point and down low), instead forcing everybody to random locations.

You never see Ovechkin play the right side and Caps PP does fine.

I like how they are still trying to ham-fistedly funnel pucks to Malkin for him to send high and wide at like 40MPH.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That's a time tested trait to have.

Edit: If only they had Laine something together.

They need someone over there with some creativity and vision. Honestly even just a guy that has a heavy rh shot and can sorta drift in and outta lanes looking for soft spots would be SOMETHING.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If I was Sullivan, I’d send a message with this line up.

Malkin - Crosby - Rust
Guentzel - Bleuger - Kapanen
Zucker - McCann - Tanev

Let Malkin and Sid cheat as much as they want but solve the issue by putting them together.

I actually like that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->