GDT: #9 | Penguins @ Rangers | 01/30 | 7:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
giphy.gif

Hey now...I saw you back in the corner... looking to get freaky...

giphy.gif

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If I was Sullivan, I’d send a message with this line up.

Malkin - Crosby - Rust
Guentzel - Bleuger - Kapanen
Zucker - McCann - Tanev

Let Malkin and Sid cheat as much as they want but solve the issue by putting them together.
Aka you just want tons of points Teddy in the top 6.

Reactions: Gurglesons

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If I was Sullivan, I’d send a message with this line up.

Malkin - Crosby - Rust
Guentzel - Bleuger - Kapanen
Zucker - McCann - Tanev

Let Malkin and Sid cheat as much as they want but solve the issue by putting them together.

But, you're not Sullvan, so the lines will be . . .

Whoever Sid Wants from Jake and Zucker - Sid - Whoever Sid Wants from Rust and Kapanen
Whoever Sid Doesn't Want - Malkin - Whoever Sid Doesn't Want
McCann-TB-Tanev
Whatever-Whatever-Whatever

Funny thing is, however hyperbolic that may be, it's infinitely closer to the truth than the fanciful stuff people here think should happen.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Minimize the damage and all that.

Frankly invisibility would be an improvement over some of what I'm seeing out of these two.

As I've said, the most thankful person for Geno's version of train wreck right now should be Sid, because, for example, Geno's role in the 3 on 0 on Tuesday made it easy to forget Sid's role moments later in the turnover that led to Boston's game winning goal.

It's just really ******** bad right now. I mean, when Sully can protect Sid with home ice matchups or the opponent is crap, there's probably a little more good than bad. Geno's just a ******* mess.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
As I've said, the most thankful person for Geno's version of train wreck right now should be Sid, because, for example, Geno's role in the 3 on 0 on Tuesday made it easy to forget Sid's role moments later in the turnover that led to Boston's game winning goal.

It's just really ******** bad right now. I mean, when Sully can protect Sid with home ice matchups or the opponent is crap, there's probably a little more good than bad. Geno's just a ******* mess.

Easily as bad as I've ever seen it.

I have to wonder WTF he was thinking showing up like this. It honestly makes me lose some respect.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
1 regulation win through 8 games... they've surrendered 7 points to the division while only getting 9 points.

The problems are apparent, low shot volume compared to the rest of the league and few chances in front of the net. They're not taking perimeter shots and looking for tips or rebounds. The loss of Hornqvist is apparent, can't keep playing like he's still on a line somewhere

Pens will lose today due to the injuries on defense. If they win the PGT shouldn't have a single negative comment, unless they win due to choking by the Rangers

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
But, you're not Sullvan, so the lines will be . . .

Whoever Sid Wants from Jake and Zucker - Sid - Whoever Sid Wants from Rust and Kapanen
Whoever Sid Doesn't Want - Malkin - Whoever Sid Doesn't Want
McCann-TB-Tanev
Whatever-Whatever-Whatever

Funny thing is, however hyperbolic that may be, it's infinitely closer to the truth than the fanciful stuff people here think should happen.

If sully was on his true last legs...

Guentzel, Teddy, Rust
Zucker, McCann, Kapanen
Tanev, Jankowski, Sceviour
Letang, Crosby, Malkin

POJ, Marino
Weber, Ceci
Czuczman, Ruhwedel

Jarry, DeSmith

:popcorn:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Easily as bad as I've ever seen it.

I have to wonder WTF he was thinking showing up like this. It honestly makes me lose some respect.

Relax. I think it's exaggerated. Typical lost in translation shit with Malkin. I took it to mean not in as good a shape as he might have in a non COVID world (like last year) rather than he sat at home all summer filling himself with champagne, caviar, and pizza. And, as I noted in another thread, I remember arguing with @ColePens in October 2016 that Malkin's legs were dead and this was it.

The other exacerbating factor, by the way, is the team not playing a 5 man game (same as you've seen with Sid).

Look, I'm more worried that this is a more permanent issue, although you won't know that for sure until after a coaching change.

But, this drama queen 'all he did all summer was eat borscht' crap . . . c'mon, save that for the idiot wing of this forum.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just f**king win, stop with the injuries and stop looking like shit! That’s not hard...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If sully was on his true last legs...

Guentzel, Teddy, Rust
Zucker, McCann, Kapanen
Tanev, Jankowski, Sceviour
Letang, Crosby, Malkin

POJ, Marino
Weber, Ceci
Czuczman, Ruhwedel

Jarry, DeSmith

:popcorn:

Sid Mario would have him fired before it came to that.

Reactions: Gurglesons

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Relax. I think it's exaggerated. Typical lost in translation shit with Malkin. I took it to mean not in as good a shape as he might have in a non COVID world (like last year) rather than he sat at home all summer filling himself with champagne, caviar, and pizza. And, as I noted in another thread, I remember arguing with @ColePens in October 2016 that Malkin's legs were dead and this was it.

The other exacerbating factor, by the way, is the team not playing a 5 man game (same as you've seen with Sid).

Look, I'm more worried that this is a more permanent issue, although you won't know that for sure until after a coaching change.

But, this drama queen 'all he did all summer was eat borscht' crap . . . c'mon, save that for the idiot wing of this forum.

I don't claim to know one way or the other. I trust very little of what I hear about Malkin from the media. But I'm just saying he's sure playing like he's in horrible shape and has zero confidence in anything he is doing out there.

Dude literally noped out of a clean breakaway. That's like... wow.

But I mean yeah I'm going a bit over the top. But this has SUCKED as a Malkin fan. My goodness. It would be fine if the team was winning or playing winning hockey but nope. Or hell with that even if they were losing but it was fun to watch. Ya know... fun? Remember fun?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't claim to know one way or the other. I trust very little of what I hear about Malkin from the media. But I'm just saying he's sure playing like he's in horrible shape and has zero confidence in anything he is doing out there.

Dude literally noped out of a clean breakaway. That's like... wow.

But I mean yeah I'm going a bit over the top. But this has SUCKED as a Malkin fan. My goodness. It would be fine if the team was winning or playing winning hockey but nope.

Sure it sucks. Nothing you can do about it beyond hoping for the best. Hopefully it's something that in hindsight can be explained away rather than father time finally catching up.

On the training thing though, remember the 2008 cup finals when he was asked about playing the left point. He said he's not comfortable. Never complained before. Never refused to do it for the team. Just implied that he never felt as effective playing on the left point and when asked said he wasn't comfortable. But, the second he said that, he was the selfish Russian who wasn't a team player. Same thing: Training well means like he did during the summer of 2019. He couldn't do it due to limitations on access to things like rinks and admitted it. To him, then, I suspect not being in as good shape as 2019 means the same thing as out of shape. But that's different than spending the summer eating borscht and barely exercising. So yeah, long story short, the Pittsburgh media did the same ' dial it up to 11 interpretation' of something he says that they've been doing for 15 years and despite knowing better (and saying so here) you fell for it anyway. :laugh:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sid Mario would have him fired before it came to that.

And in comes tonight...

Which, I won't be watching and out watching the band Dancing Queens, drinking heavily...

Disco...Baby! Stayin' Alive...

I'd tell ya where, but I don't want anyone see me get freaky ugly... creepy...

giphy-1.gif

Reactions: KIRK

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
The out of shape story is really being blown out of proportion...it's not like Malkin waddled into camp at 250 lbs and just sat around all summer. That isn't what he said at all. He was clearly struggling with how to explain what he was talking about and to be honest I've had it up to here with how this town treats the guy. Especially media. This never happens to Crosby even when he goes months, literally, while playing like a ghost. Even when he seems to be playing to get the coach fired, as he has several times. People pounce on Malkin at the first sign of average play. It's ugly. Yeah, 9 million dollars, rich, superstar yada yada yada. It doesn't make the behavior of many in this town any less pathetic.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And in comes tonight...

Which, I won't be watching and out watching the band Dancing Queens, drinking heavily...

Disco...Baby! Stayin' Alive...

I'd tell ya where, but I don't want anyone see me get freaky ugly... creepy...

giphy-1.gif

Reading between the lines, it seems like you've gotten a head start on that drinking, my friend. :razz:

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I like how they are still trying to ham-fistedly funnel pucks to Malkin for him to send high and wide at like 40MPH.

Malkin should be an option, not the only choice. Every single time I see Crosby/Malkin on the left, or aimlessly roaming around, I know nothing is going to happen, or if it does, it's pure luck. They put Rust on the right, which is the correct idea, but then they make the PP flow through him, which makes no sense.

Ever since the departure of Kessel (not suggesting anything here), they can't seem to figure this out.

Go back to what works!

Not to keep mentioning the Caps PP, but they pretty have had the guys in the same place the past few years.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Malkin should be an option, not the only choice. Every single time I see Crosby/Malkin on the left, or aimlessly roaming around, I know nothing is going to happen, or if it does, it's pure luck. They put Rust on the right, which is the correct idea, but then they make the PP flow through him, which makes no sense.

Ever since the departure of Kessel (not suggesting anything here), they can't seem to figure this out.

Go back to what works!

Not to keep mentioning the Caps PP, but they pretty have had the guys in the same place the past few years.
Caps PP has been average the last couple of years. But don't worry. The Pens scooped up their mastermind coach and put him in charge of their PP now. Should reap those rewards any day now.

To be fair to Reirden, 2PP looks great and 1PP sucks mainly because the stars have their heads up their asses.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad