GDT: #9 | Penguins @ Rangers | 01/30 | 7:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Let be honest here....Sullivan’s new defensive scheme of avoiding contact with opposing players near the blue paint isn’t doing our goaltenders any favors.

is that new? Because for years I thought we avoided taking the body as much as possible... Maybe it was just wasn’t an official scheme, lol

Reactions: canadianguy77

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Let be honest here....Sullivan’s new defensive scheme of avoiding contact with opposing players near the blue paint isn’t doing our goaltenders any favors.

Yeah but hey their utterly defeatist defensive strategy is at least saving them wear and tear on bodies!

*looks at IR list*

Oh what the f***?!?

Reactions: canadianguy77

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I think I'm going to pop a blood vessel screaming "USE THE BUMPER POSITION FOR ONCE" every time I see the Pens pass the puck around the perimeter and either wait for an un-screened Malkin or Letang point shot, or a low percentage cross goal line pass for a tap in fail.

yeah the bumper being active and the player on the half boards actually moving with the puck towards the net have been missing for quite a while.

I’m pretty sure Sully admitted they don’t coach the power play at all right? Like they come up with some neutral zone stuff but just let the guys do whatever they think is right? I don’t think I’m misremembering that.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Shootin the puck first mentality is not gonna work against really good teams like Bruins and Flyers.....Pens just do not match them anymore...traded away to many number 1 draft picks after Kessel left.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
please don’t make me regret watching this game boys (unlike the last two)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad